General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
In ten days, I get my second Pfizer shot.

Last year, I didn't think that would happen. 2020 was pretty bleak.

This year holds a bit more promise. There is only so much I can do to help things, and getting my shots is what I can do, besides trying to be safe.

I hope you stay ok until then . You will be ok for a good while after that . Happy for you !

Things are getting kind of hot over in the other thread.
If you're heading over there, best put on a helmet. At least 2 layers of foil.

In ten days, I get my second Pfizer shot.

Last year, I didn't think that would happen. 2020 was pretty bleak.

This year holds a bit more promise. There is only so much I can do to help things, and getting my shots is what I can do, besides trying to be safe.

Doubted I'd be getting a vaccine this year, based on the global demand. We've made it into the 1%. Do you have any Grey Poupon?

Doubted I'd be getting a vaccine this year, based on the global demand. We've made it into the 1%. Do you have any Grey Poupon?
Hot? I am just chilling and refusing to tow the party line, touch my forelock and crawl back into my hovel. As I think you know, I believe in freedoms and anyone can say what they like, but if I choose to attempt, to belittle and ridicule me, then I will respond accordingly.

Hot? I am just chilling and refusing to tow the party line, touch my forelock and crawl back into my hovel. As I think you know, I believe in freedoms and anyone can say what they like, but if I choose to attempt, to belittle and ridicule me, then I will respond accordingly.
O7 my friend.

Haha, I'm a bit on both sides.

I am actually decided to go for the China jab exactly because (as mentioned before) my researcher pharmacist brother-in-law claimed it is the safest as it works in a similar way as legacy vaccines. Based on it concerns seem fully justified against other mRNA shots.
However, for those who can't choose they must go for whatever is available as pros still probably vastly outweigh the risks.

At least that's what I believe.

Haha, I'm a bit on both sides.

I am actually decided to go for the China jab exactly because (as mentioned before) my researcher pharmacist brother-in-law claimed it is the safest as it works in a similar way as legacy vaccines. Based on it concerns seem fully justified against other mRNA shots.
However, for those who can't choose they must go for whatever is available as pros still probably vastly outweigh the risks.

At least that's what I believe.
I read that Brazil refused the Chinese vaccine because it is not very effective.

😷

Things are getting kind of hot over in the other thread
The tradition cmdr ! The tradition ...

bagarre-asterix.jpg

😷

But if it was refused by Brazil which is in a difficult situation epidemiologically, it is because this Chinese vaccine is certainly bad.

😷

Here is the table published by the Hungarian govt, sure we don't know how reliavle these stats are (like average age per vaccine, though obviosuly only seniors/60+ have reached full immunization by now), but here is the description of the columns:
"Events after reaching immunization"
Left two columns: got infected absolute numbers / per 100k
Right two columns: deceased absolute numbers / per 100k

We are about to reach 40% of total population who at least got the first shot, don't know the proportion of fully vaccinated and immunized.

177331693_5439406182798724_9190404819917289664_n.jpg

Well the Brazilian authorities are not reknowned for their brilliance and fine judgement either...

The suitability ought to consider what dominant variant they are trying to stop too.
In this case I think that the scientific authorities of the country have also given their opinion.

Indeed, the Chinese vaccine must not be very effective against the Brazilian variant.

😷

Here is the table published by the Hungarian govt, sure we don't know how reliavle these stats are (like average age per vaccine, though obviosuly only seniors/60+ have reached full immunization by now), but here is the description of the columns:
"Events after reaching immunization"
Left two columns: got infected absolute numbers / per 100k
Right two columns: deceased absolute numbers / per 100k

We are about to reach 40% of total population who at least got the first shot, don't know the proportion of fully vaccinated and immunized.

View attachment 223431
Perhaps the Chinese vaccine is not effective against the brazilian variant. :unsure:

😷

The Indian variant of the coronavirus, B.1.617, suspected of having plunged India into a major health crisis, has been detected in "at least 17 countries", the World Health Organization announced on Tuesday. Several European countries had reported it on their soil (United Kingdom, Belgium, Switzerland, Greece, Italy).

😷

Thousands of maskless worshipers gather on the banks of the Ganges in April in Haridwar, northern India, to bathe during the Kumbh Mela ritual

Foule au bord du Gange, pour le rituel de la Kumbh Mela, le 12 avril 2021, à Haridwar, en Inde..jpg

Despite this explosive health situation, the faithful interviewed seem confident, and ensure to be cautious. “We have disinfectant in all of our pockets. We cover ourselves the face with a mask twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week ”, says Sumit Mathur, a pilgrim. "In view of the Covid situation, many security measures have been put in place here," adds Vipin Aggarwal, another faithful.

:unsure:

😷

@ArisKatzourakis on the Situation in India :

"So the rate of increase in infections in India is now up to 1 million new infections every three days. On an approximate CFR of 2%, that is 20,000 deaths originating in a three day period of infection. And it will keep steepening."

Stuff is getting serious .

edit: Brazil is not going to use the Millions of Doses of Sputnik V already bought .
🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
re. Brazil rejecting Sptunik V, I just had a "Holy cannottypethisitwillbefiltered" moment...

@angie_rasmussen on twitter :

"The Sputnik V vaccine Ad5 vector is evidently replication competent. The makers apparently neglected to delete E1, so getting this vaccine means being infected with live adenovirus 5."

Thread as webpage ( no twitter required ):

Learn something new every day .
🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom