Community Event / Creation ED-Panel Inserts for Thrustmaster Cougar Pack MFDs

Hi guys... I'd like to share my panel-creations for the use in ED together with the MFDs from Thrustmaster. Updating the keybindigs in ED needs no special explanation imo... As with the beta this is still work in progress :) Ideas, wishes, critics welcome. Have fun.

[NC] Sarge

MFP-Sketch.jpg

EDIT:
Latest version V3 for download here
It's a PDF with PS layers still on.

Last edited:
:eek: I never realised how empty my life was until I saw this. That is superb.
I must have them. I need them. And I need to think of a very good justification that will placate the better half... um... ideas?

Last edited:
This is what I get when I click the links:

err:{"email": {"message_html": "This e-mail is already taken. \u003ca href='/login'\u003eSign in\u003c/a\u003e or \u003ca href='/forgot'\u003ereset your password\u003c/a\u003e."}, "tos_agree": {"message_text": "Please agree to the terms of service."}}

Right click download doesn't work either.

It might be because it's going through dropbox. When I click on them, it opens the dropbox site in a new browser window, with a download option

@Iskariot: Yes it's on dropbox and the link works here...
@Binky: The MFDs aren't that expensive, so maybe just don't tell your better half :) these are surely must haves ... Right now I've the TM Warthog "Couple" and Saitek Combat Rudders here... Luckily my better half doesn't know the prices... :)

just recieved a pair because of this thread, i also have a hog, and rudder pedals, i love this idea, but i have a Q? if i may ,, for the hog or pedals i don't use target , ed sees the buttons / actions, but the mfd are not seen , so i assume target is needed , not used before , i managed to set just 1 button , for now, but do i have to keep running the srcipt and leave it running when i want to use them , or is there another way , or im doing wrong

cheers

I think that ED only sees controllers with axis, so the way to use these is run Target and combine them into a virtual controller.

Yep, unfortunately there is no native support for the MFDs in ED (yet???) so you got to use Target for defining... I started with the cool warthog layout from MikeyTT in Target and ED. So some functions are already predefined to some keys e.g. frameshift on 'j', some are not. So it was to define the MFD keys to the ones already set and the one that are not. Finally all the functions that are not binded in ED need to be set up there. It surely took some time... To make it easy for you just use the modified script in Target:View attachment 618. And then check/setup the definitions in ED. Be sure to start with a clean layout. MikeyTT has set up a nice youtube-vid for his definitions step by step. After that just add the MFD-commands (with Targetscript running in Background you can just press the buttons on the MFDs) and you are ready to go! Of course the script has to be running in the background in Target and in ED you have to choose your custom layout.

Last edited:
thanks guys , @ NC what did you use to make these , ie. pothoshop etc , are you willing to upload the source file would like to play with it ....

again many thanks

Thanx for the flowers, guys!

PSD-Files:
(Edit: Removed because of newer version)

I cleaned up the layers a little bit because it was a mess and I didn't want to share it that way... :)

I already put the hexagon-background to 25% opacity (was 10% still in the PDFs) because I finally found it too barely visible. You need the font "Bankgothic md BT medium". Just google for it. It's the former font used in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2...

Please share your final solutions here!

I will post my final version here after the release of ED. Maybe there will be one or more functions for keybinds in the final...

Last edited:
I just bought this 12" IBM screen (originally for cashing machine) some days ago from ebay. It has just the right width to cover both MFDs. I'll try to combine it to the MFDs and show the inserts onscreen... Right now I am waiting for the right cable to come...
View attachment 656

Last edited:
Hello Commanders.

A little help please? I've just come across these panels but I'm not really sure how they're used and what they do.

To explain my set up: I'll be using a T16000m joystick with CM Throttle pro, along with voice commands and a custom head tracker.

I'm wondering how the panels work please? People have posted screenshots of pdfs they've 'inserted' - does this mean the windows just for show?

Also I saw someone had a galaxy map on theirs, would I get the actual map on one of these panels and be able to use it within flight?

From people's experience, is there a point in me forking out for these? If they're essentially extra buttons with whatever picture I've slipped in, then it's not going to be worth it I'd of thought (due to the existing set up)

Many thanks,
Evo

Hi Evo,

the MFDs are "only" additional Buttons.
20 "Push"-Buttons and 4 "Toggle" Switches (which are 2 Buttons each from the configuration-side) at each MFD.

The MFD don't have a TFT-Display !

You can create a PDF (choosing your own background-picture) e.g. at http://cougarmfd.thrustmaster.com/ , print it and "insert" it to the "MFD-Frame".

You can create a PDF (choosing your own background-picture) e.g. at http://cougarmfd.thrustmaster.com/ , print it and "insert" it to the "MFD-Frame".

Nice... I used the background logo (picture from https://uglebsjournal.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/elite-dangerous-logo.jpg) to create my MFD panel background.

Like John wrote... it's not a display. However, the ~56 buttons are quite useful for ED. You have to use the T.A.R.G.E.T software (shipped with the MFDs) to create a virtual joystick which can be used with ED.
I've assigned 32 direct-X buttons to the MFD and "regular" keys (page+ / page-) to the MFD-buttons. Works nicely.

Hi guys... I'd like to share my panel-creations for the use in ED together with the MFDs from Thrustmaster. Updating the keybindigs in ED needs no special explanation imo... As with the beta this is still work in progress :) Ideas, wishes, critics welcome. Have fun.

[NC] Sarge

View attachment 405

Download PDF here:

Thanks! I will take this panels. It is simple, a little bit retro, but cool!

Top Bottom