Community Event / Creation ED-Panel Inserts for Thrustmaster Cougar Pack MFDs

View attachment 3550
As the IBM 12" thing didn't work out (right cable, but unable to connect with win 8...) and switched to a nicely thin Lenovo ThinkVision display for the backlit stuff... 1st test looks promising :) just got to cut out some black additional framing and i am right on time for ED release... Updated mapping will follow soon (e.g. chaff release etc.).

The MFD's look amazing, and was recently looking at them on NewEgg. My dilemma with ordering them is that, well.. I play E: D on the Rift.. soo... instead I ordered a bar from XR ;)

Last edited:
I've the DK2 here too but right now - when it comes down to pixels and picture quality - I think we all still have to wait for the consumer release version until it really makes sense. Right now it's just a nice geek experience for playing around in my opinion. Until then I truely like my ultrawide LG 34" 21:9 in combination with ED Tracker (nice work guys!) more and just play around with the Rift with all the upcoming techdemos etc. in oculus share... but maybe I just search for reasons to justify my money spending in another hardwarepiece of my simpit... ("ED, will you please explain to my wife, that it's not my fault...!?!")

Last edited:
@Pantsu: As John already stated above the Cougars are "only" buttons on a frame and you can put printed inserts in the frame. But many flightsim maniacs combine them with miniscreens like liliput 8" or velcro them to TFTs or even Touchscreens. In DCS World (flightsim) you can then use the screens for "real" like sitting in the A-10 Warthog and switch through the MDF menus or screens. ED doens't have such a feature (yet?!?) but nevertheless I put them on a Lenovo USB screen to get a cool highlighted MFD.

Last edited:
Great work NC Sarge. I have been meaning to take a look at those MFDs for a while but I'm not sure what I would used them for in conjunction with my Warhog HOTAS. I already have quite the excess of buttons but I just like the idea of those things! :)

panel.jpg
Finished MDF-Panel... Got some black plastic from DIY store today, cut it to the size of the screen and made cutouts for the Cougars. I reused the original Cougar transparent inserts. I am just freaking out...

Nice cockpit! I will make an update of the insert layouts after release of ED 1.0 and maybe make some changes for better functionality....

View attachment 4899
My proposal for an update to the inserts according to ED 1.0 and my own experience with the layout in the meantime...

Changelog V2:
- Switched positions of systems and sensors panel (as is inside the ship "for real")
- New button for chaff launcher (therefore had to move the mute mic)
- New more logical layout of the speed settings together with engine boost
- Deleted panel focus (made no real sense on the MFD)
- New position for galaxy map
- Moved sensor range to right (e.g. closer the to right panel)
- Some minor design changes
- Both panels now in one PSD (so printable on just one page)

Maybe all the guys already using the first version of my layout just comment what they think about the changes (better/worse) due to their own ingame experience and I'll (maybe...) use the critics for finalizing and releasing the PSD- and PDF-files shortly... (so they're not right here yet - stay tuned)

Okay, I've tested the new layout and I am pleased... Download PDF of V2 here (PS-Layers are included!). [Edit: removed due to newer version]

Last edited:
Hi,

Can you tell me if on the MFD Cougar if the buttons light up when toggled?

Was looking for some panels that when the button is pressed and the function engaged would stay illuminated, obviously not if it's a straight function e.g. Show Galaxy Map.

If not then I was thinking of lighting up the associated image, change it from Green to Read.

Would this be possible with the MFD, if not does anyone know of anything that would?

Thanks & Regards

Top Bottom