Community Event / Creation ED-Panel Inserts for Thrustmaster Cougar Pack MFDs

Lots of awesome posts here. You've sold me on these.
Can you tell me how sturdy they are please? How much "punching" can a button take, so for example, in a combat action and things are furious will these devices take much punishment or will they need reinforcing?

Thanks in advance.

You can set the MFDs up in two angles out of the package and they stand quite solidly but maybe need some velcro to stand totally fixed. Concerning your 2nd question: I don't know how much you normally torture your gear in combat but these have keys (must be standard rubber domes or alike) smaller than keyboard keys and come with no real tactile feeling. Maybe a mechanical keyboard will do a better job for you... ;o)

V3 of the layout finally available here

Changelog V3:
- Corrected "threat" (Thx to Kavid for the "hint")
- Moved icons landing gear + cargo scoop

I have just got these, but I cannot get them using the TARGET software (creating a Thrustmaster Combined) device to see them separately.
In ED, if I press button 15 on the left panel and then press 15 on the right panel the assignments move.
So it is not seeing the panels separately. Am I doing something wrong?

You have to make buttondefinitions/keybindings in Target first which means edit a script. The script must be run before starting ED.

I had an idea to use my Surface Pro3 as a backlight.
Reverse the stands on the MFDs to point them forward not backwards (sits better against the Pro).
Then place the Pro3 behind and put the MFD panels on the pro either as a PDF or a windows background.
Saves on designing up new ones and always printing out / cutting.
Backlight is nice at night. Now I just need to size fully and align and hey presto, backlight MFDs.
mfd1.jpgmfd2.jpg

After some playing around moved the MFD bases back to pointing back and put some non stick webbing across the bases to stop the Pro3 slipping on the stand bases.
After setting up a background and aligning the images it works really nicely.
IMAG0284[1].jpg

Last edited:
you did all the hardwork on the design :) , I just thought about backlighting and had another lightbulb moment.
I have several tablets (cheaper) ones work the same except you need 12" size (Pro3) to have two MFDs.
Works just as well with my Nexus 7 or Playbook but with one MFD.
Just scale the picture and set it as the background.

Glad I found this thread (stupid search yuck) before I bought these. Can't believe ED still doesn't support these natively. Come on FD. ;)

This is excellent! I had just ordered the MFD frames and this is perfect for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Since I'm new, I guess I will have to wait until I have privileges here to get this download...*sigh*.

I bought these MFD's for Elite and for some reason they kept blinking on and off as Win8.1 kept sending the usb ports used to sleep. VERY frustrating. I finally found the solution. It needs care and patience, but it worked for me. I can now finally use these cool panels with the inserts above. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2900614/ I put this post here, in case anyone who wants to use these MFD's has the same problem I did.

In the mean time and using this forum area properly ;) Has anyone created a profile to match the prints? It's just as I'm feeling lazy and why re-do others fine work?

-spikey

Top Bottom