Feature request - deploy SRV from ship while on foot

Currently, if the player is on foot and decides to go for a drive, the player has to clamber back into the ship then clamber into the SRV and deploy it.

Instead, if the player is already on foot and wants to use an SRV, it'd be handy if the player could instruct the ship to deploy an SRV without needing the player to get in the ship first.

I like this idea. I also like the idea of being able to rearm from interacting with the SRV/ship the same way you can transfer consumables and inventory to and from the ship inventory and yourself. You can do it, but you have to board and disemark and having it do so from the menu would save a step and a loading screen

We could also instruct the ship to follow us - aka to fly in formation with me, her pedestrian captain - and if i fit her with fire-at-will turrets she then can take out my enemies too while i pick the grass...

On a more serious note, the correct approach is to deploy in the srv then go on foot if needed.

This please. Also, change suit from outside the ship/srv instead of having to board each time (boarding takes a long time for me for some reason)

We could also instruct the ship to follow us - aka to fly in formation with me, her pedestrian captain - and if i fit her with fire-at-will turrets she then can take out my enemies too while i pick the grass...

On a more serious note, the correct approach is to deploy in the srv then go on foot if needed.

Not what anyone is asking for. Nice try though.

And you can do this with physical multicrew, so I guess you get your wish.

Yep. An "Call SRV to Player Position" option would be logical.

Would require the SRV to be deployed and then autopilot to your position. Difficult in rough terrain. A deploy at ship would be easier to do.

This please. Also, change suit from outside the ship/srv instead of having to board each time (boarding takes a long time for me for some reason)
Ever tried to change your pants in space? You can already change suits in the SRV. that's fast enough, if you have it with you.

Me and several others listed this in the Alpha suggestion thread already.

It would be very nice to have that. Just as an additional option when you enter the blue circle. "Drop SRV".

Suit change I'm fine with to enter the SRV/Ship, but a suit power up option from the outside would be nice as well.

Suit change I'm fine with to enter the SRV/Ship, but a suit power up option from the outside would be nice as well.
Yeah, changing suits in a vacuum would be a bit weird. But even a 'contactless' recharging point if you stand in the blue circle would be nice.

Sounds good yep.

Can FD also make sure your ship lands in a place you can dock the SRV as well... the number of times I've had to dismiss/travel/recall until the ship lands in a place I can drive under it is off the charts. Maybe even let the SRV hunker down to get under it!!

Deleted member 275835

D
Auto deploy would be a nice quality of life feature. Not sure I'd want to be able to have the srv remote drive to my position but hey, if it was implemented it's not like I'd have to use it.

Yeah would be great to call the SRV from on foot. Or call the ship and then deploy the SRV.

To get over this. I normally go from my ship to the SRV then dismiss the ship back to orbit. Then either drive about for a bit and get out on foot, or go from the SRV to on foot. When I recall my ship, I jump back to the SRV and wait for my pick up.
I maybe over cautious but I don't like being on foot, on a planet with no backup vehicle on the surface.

Would require the SRV to be deployed and then autopilot to your position. Difficult in rough terrain. A deploy at ship would be easier to do.

Ever tried to change your pants in space? You can already change suits in the SRV. that's fast enough, if you have it with you.
Lol, if the SRV AI is as good as me, my SRV would arrive at 20% hull if I was in hilly or rocky terrain. I think its safer to work to the SRV. Mind you the new clever cars can come to you, and also the batman movie, so I get where the request comes from.

Simon

Top Bottom