Feature request - deploy SRV from ship while on foot

Or airdrop it!

If your ship is dismissed you should still be able to call in an SRV. Have the ship drive by, drop the SRV from close altitude, then boost off again!
This 1000% The epicness of having your ship do a flyby, dropping the srv, which then cushions its fall with it's own thrusters as your ship peels off back into space would be beyond awesome. Ala deploying the Mako from the Normandy.

Would live this too. board too because players should already have tried to go inside a ship by standing on another player's srv (and probably died) :)

This please. Also, change suit from outside the ship/srv instead of having to board each time (boarding takes a long time for me for some reason)
I get what you mean, but the idea that somehow you're going to just slip out of your pressurized climate controlled suit on a neutron star kissing zero atmosphere planet to switch suits somehow might be an immersion breaker?

I get what you mean, but the idea that somehow you're going to just slip out of your pressurized climate controlled suit on a neutron star kissing zero atmosphere planet to switch suits somehow might be an immersion breaker?
If you are standing in the magic blue circle that gets you in and out of the ship, I wouldn't see a big problem with immersion. If it can beam me, it can also beam a new suit onto me. For the SRV, I agree.

If you are standing in the magic blue circle that gets you in and out of the ship, I wouldn't see a big problem with immersion. If it can beam me, it can also beam a new suit onto me. For the SRV, I agree.
I would much rather we lose the blue circle completely than add more handwavium to it. However, after posting that I did think about how the shield grenade creates a shield barrier, so taking that idea it's plausible that a pressurization barrier similar to what exists when entering or leaving settlement buildings could be devised to encapsulate a small area around you ship so that it would be possible to do what you ask, and I guess the blue circle at the moment could effectively represent that. Which all means that I've just added some handwavium myself to the blue circle idea... Anyway, I would much much rather there be a doorway that we could enter inside the ship to do all of that in the same way, and I guess it would be more respectful of privacy too lol. o7

I would much rather we lose the blue circle completely than add more handwavium to it.
Agreed. But I guess we both know that this will never happen, anyway. Showing the suit change dialog, OTOH, shouldn't need too much dev activity IMHO. There is a slim chance that we could get it.

That said, for boarding a ship and enjoying interiors (without slide show fun - SC, I'm looking at you), we might soon have a new toy to play with.The hype-train there is already huffing and puffing like crazy.

However, after posting that I did think about how the shield grenade creates a shield barrier, so taking that idea it's plausible that a pressurization barrier similar to what exists when entering or leaving settlement buildings could be devised to encapsulate a small area around you ship so that it would be possible to do what you ask, and I guess the blue circle at the moment could effectively represent that

yea, people complain about the blue circle a lot, but i never seen any complains about the blue light that keeps air-pressure in a settlement building with a wide open airlock door or in a StarPort (you get the Atmo restored message in a ship with broken canopy the moment you pass the blue light in the mailslot)

Guess people have different sensibilities to various types of handwavium

yea, people complain about the blue circle a lot, but i never seen any complains about the blue light that keeps air-pressure in a settlement building with a wide open airlock door or in a StarPort (you get the Atmo restored message in a ship with broken canopy the moment you pass the blue light in the mailslot)

Guess people have different sensibilities to various types of handwavium

I think people are just peeved that the "blue cylinder" is a transporter.

Agreed. But I guess we both know that this will never happen, anyway.
Neither of us know for sure, never say never they say twice when suggesting never to say it once.

That said, for boarding a ship and enjoying interiors (without slide show fun - SC, I'm looking at you), we might soon have a new toy to play with.The hype-train there is already huffing and puffing like crazy.
I assume you mean Starfield. That's all well and good, but that's not a game I'm interested in personally.

Top Bottom