PS5 Error CE-108255-1 (Crashes / Crashing) with Elite Dangerous

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I’ve actually given up playing for a bit, now ... had 3 crashes the other night just trying to fly 3000ls to a station ...
Mines generally ok in unpopulated systems but wow the CG system in Open last night I crashed 6 or 7 times in an hour. Something with the networking on Elite definitely upsets the PS5.

The annoying thing is the tracker issue is not getting much up voting so nothing will probably get done about it.

Mines generally ok in unpopulated systems but wow the CG system in Open last night I crashed 6 or 7 times in an hour. Something with the networking on Elite definitely upsets the PS5.

The annoying thing is the tracker issue is not getting much up voting so nothing will probably get done about it.

Well, I just gave it another vote! I’ve submitted soooooo many crash reports to Sony, too ... no idea if they pay any attention to them.

Currently I am not near any populated systems and I haven't experienced any crashes lately. But as written above, I had quite a few as well - if I recall correctly also mostly in the bubble and during CGs. So there might be a connection.

edit: just upvoted it. Sorry, didn't see it earlier

Last edited:
I don't own a ps5, thank The Lord, but maybe there should be Elite For Ps5. I say this because I read a few months back that $ony was giving developers an option to upgrade a ps4 games to current gen system which is ps5 for next to nothing in terms of cost. 👏

I don't own a ps5, thank The Lord, but maybe there should be Elite For Ps5. I say this because I read a few months back that $ony was giving developers an option to upgrade a ps4 games to current gen system which is ps5 for next to nothing in terms of cost. 👏
Mind sharing the source? Would be interested in what Sony offered

I noticed in the past two weeks I stopped getting PS5-specific error codes in Elite, my new friends are taupe cobra and yellow adder.
I agree, this last week I have seen more PS4 Pro crash outs with Yellow Adder and Scarlet Krait than I have ever had in all of my gaming time on Elite. Gotta be something to do with the latest patch they downloaded, made things all abit more unstable with loose coding for Odyssey?

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Yeh I am getting more network issues generally although still getting regular CE-108255-1 crashes. Had one tonight in a system with lots of FCs before the FDev servers seemed to give up completely.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I've had a bit of a revelation over on another thread. PS5 owners please read the quote and have a look at the question below. Thanks.

I've always wondered if other carriers jumping etc was one part of the crashing equation on the PS5 but, as a rule of thumb my PS5 is much more likely to crash in a system with either many commanders or many carriers.

As an aside thinking about crashing in general 🤔 I've never had a crash in Shinrarta Dezhra and there are no fleet carriers in that system (according to inara, I can't check in game but, assume carriers cannot jump there). There are however always lots of players in Open in SD.

So maybe the route of all problems is FCs.

Have any PS5 players had crashes in Shinrarta Dezhra?

I see where you are going with that one.

Console user crashing <-> Fleet Carrier present in system.

Wasn't it covered in one for David Braben's posts that one of the major issues that they faced on Day 1 was that they had split the server space between Odyssey and Non-Odyssey but still needed to send FC data between the two.
An issue with their replication routine had meant that they were sending vastly larger amounts of data between the two estates than they had predicted (causing some of the observed performance issues) and that a fix had needed to be deployed.
I wonder if the fix doesn't cater for a particular use-case and that the playstation just bugs out when trying to work out the instancing. (similar to the mutliplayer SRV bug that plagued consoles for most of H1 2019 following the launch of Elite Beyond 3.4.)

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Well I always assumed PS5 CE-108255-1 happened when a system was 'busy'.

But, it just dawned on me it might be actually just 'FC Present' as I realise I have been to Shinrarta often and it's always busy in Open and I have never crashed there.

I mean FCs have been around for a while now but the time immediately prior to and after FC update I wasn't playing much.

So when I started playing again on PS5 in December 2020 again I wasn't getting that many crashes. Now in CG systems it's very much crash tastic for me.

I also wonder if when we crash we actually should be seeing a network error message from game, but, it just bombs out.

It does very much remind me of that PS bug with multiple SRVs which caused the PS4/Pro to crash which you mention.

Which is why I assumed this PS5 bug was instancing related potentially too. Now I am leaning towards its an 'FC' issue. Hence my question.

Have any PS5 players who have had these crashes, crashed in SD.

To be honest, my enthusiasm level with Elite is at an all time low. The only time I have logged on in the past month has been on my alt account, mining Tritium for my main account FC, out near Beagle Point.

The number of console players I see mentioning the constant game crashing is horrendous.
...and not a word from Frontier

Anecdotally ... can’t recall ever having a crash in Shinrata ... and a LOT of my crashes have been in systems with multiple Fleet Carriers, for sure.

Can’t say I’ve applied and “science” to it but, like the last poster, my enthusiasm is a bit lacking and I’ve not logged in for about 2 weeks after my last attempt at playing ended in frustration from constant crashes.

I very rarely spend time in the bubble, but I did have some amazing crashes while doing Robigo passenger runs; a lot of FC's lying around, so there is that.

But I am also crashing out in the black, and I could be doing anything, from engaging supercruise, to starting the FSS. While I do believe FC's have a lot "to say" in our crashing down on Playstation, it looks like the whole game becomes less and less stable each day now. This instability might come from our "Odyssey compatibility patch" but as @Snowymonk underlined, I am starting to get fed up with this.

I don't even want to think about the console version, whenever it will drop. FDEV cannot seem to catch a break with the PC version, let alone consoles.

Also getting this, just flying in supercruise, out of nowhere.

pQruwUD.jpg

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Not seem that @Aeorath.

There was 2 or 3 PS5 players complaining of crashes on the live stream. The number is going to steadily grow as people get their hands on PS5's.

I of course urged them to add to and upvote the issue but, its really not getting traction.

Not seem that @Aeorath.

There was 2 or 3 PS5 players complaining of crashes on the live stream. The number is going to steadily grow as people get their hands on PS5's.

I of course urged them to add to and upvote the issue but, its really not getting traction.

Did the update today help any? Gonna set that downloading overnight, I think ... then maybe try things again over the weekend.

Top Bottom