Please FD, just roll it back. We can all wait for it to be ready...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
From what was said in the Trading Update there is a lot more to come on the basis of Odyssey so yeah expect all that if the playerbase survives this current debacle

By the way guys, FD has stated that they want to avoid re-rolling the planets...We need to tell them that this won't be good enough...Just look at that thread highlighting the copy paste features. Here are two shots someone posted on my discord, from different planets(!)

It is not acceptable to add a smattering of atmospheric worlds, if this is the cost. Reroll the planets at least, needs to become a forum mantra.
Oh, I just realized I have somehow missed the info about locations of this copy-paste proof there was so much fuss about yesterday.
Can someone help me with that?
I really want to check out details (visit both planets) myself.

Deleted member 182079

D
From what was said in the Trading Update there is a lot more to come on the basis of Odyssey so yeah expect all that if the playerbase survives this current debacle
Do you mean the balancing updates earlier this year that were kinda... abandoned halfway through?

Deleted member 192138

D
Do you mean the balancing updates earlier this year that were kinda... abandoned halfway through?
He means Frontier's statement to investors as their end of year which saw a 12% drop in share value.

Deleted member 182079

D
He means Frontier's statement to investors as their end of year which saw a 12% drop in share value.
Ah. I thought .... yeah never mind. I need to get out more I think.

So these quotes are direct from the statement but I'm coupling this together with other info I've been gleaning from multiple sources to say that Odyssey as we see it now is just the beginning of what's planned, anyway here are the direct quotes from Today's Statement. Interperet them however you wish as Investor hype or real plans it's up to you.

1. The launch of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey on PC on 19 May 2021 heralded the start of a new era for the definitive space simulation.
2. Odyssey represents a huge investment in the future of Elite Dangerous, with an ambition to match
3. PDLC for a number of titles, including a roadmap of engaging content for Planet Zoo that will build on the six packs already available, and an ever expanding catalogue of items for Elite Dangerous.
4. We are working toward not only resolving Odyssey's issues but also further realising our vision for what the Elite Dangerous experience can become.
5. new paid and free downloadable content across our titles

I just had a vision of FD melting all games together.
And Panther Clipper will be ship exclusively to for transporting dinosaurs for Jurassic Evo, animals for Planet Zoo and some scrap for Planet Coaster.

I don't know about you, but if the planetary surfaces were closer to reality, I would expect at least 80%-90% to look similar to our Moon or Mars. The current distribution in Odyssey (same for Horizons) is almost too "nice" to be fully believable to me. However, Odyssey - or any other project that tries to at least approximate presumed reality - would never achieve the same variety of small and minute details. In reality, no two stones look exactly alike. You would need a huge CPU monster as big as our Earth itself to render that in real time. The only question would be whether this effort would really be worth it...

I am firmly convinced that if we only had the opportunity to look at our real Galaxy and every single planet in flyby, that most of us would be bitterly disappointed or just bored: just bad entertainment. Where we would look for are the remaining 10% - 20% that offer an unexpected sight.

Source: https://youtu.be/WNrTttvdIMc
Du hast es wieder gemacht alter,
ich denke nicht viele hier sprechen deutsch :)

Last edited:
1623429055395.png

1623429064870.png

What just happened here?

Jo, passiert. Ich aber nix machen Dünnscheiss draus :p
Ick sprecken mit Übersetzungskrücke. 🥴

Btw, the other day I had the very same vision, with melting the games. At first I thought it was great, nowadays I'm not so sure anymore...
Good, I though maybe I have lost control over my web browser and it started to randomly translate posts or something...

Did they really claim exactly THIS?
I mean, "acceptable" could pass, but "perfectly fine"?!

If FD didn't know it was broken on release it shows them to be a company of incompetent morons.
or
If FD knew it was a mess on release it shows them to be liars and swindlers.

Either way, FD thought it was both acceptable and perfectly fine for selling it to you. My personal opinion is they are both.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom