Can you tell us if Smear Campaigns are in game yet? Anyone find one with the update?

You know, I think it is time that we developers and the development community at large come up with a rigorous method for testing whether or not all of our software subsystems and user experiences perform as expected before launching a final product. I propose an iterative and tiered system of tests using the Greek alphabet to distinguish the different phases. We could even involve a selection of our customer base in testing our release candidates since they always manage to find issues that slip past us.

Too radical?

It's not unreasonable to ask that a thread called

Can you tell us if Smear Campaigns are in game yet?​

could remain on-topic. That doesn't really have anything to do with dictating what other people can think is important, does it?
Did you read the rest of the thread? Did you see where Zac asked, specifically, if there were other mats causing problems?

Threads evolve.

I agree - which is why I was after Zac's input. I've spent enough time running around after dev-logic :)

(Well, ok, maybe a few days more...)

Edit: I mean - Opinion Polls from Tourist site Hab Ports - who goes on holiday to read Opinion Polls ....

The holiday makers are being polled by pollsters.

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Let me give a bit more clarity into the situation - we've seen that a lot of players are having trouble tracking down Smear Campaigns, and whilst they are in the game, there's a variety of factors at play which are making them hard to locate. What we're doing now is having a discussion into which of those factors we can make some adjustments to so that they aren't as difficult to come across. This isn't as instantaneous as you might like as things like this go through a process involving different people. But yes, we're looking at what we can do to change it!

Let me give a bit more clarity into the situation - we've seen that a lot of players are having trouble tracking down Smear Campaigns, and whilst they are in the game, there's a variety of factors at play which are making them hard to locate. What we're doing now is having a discussion into which of those factors we can make some adjustments to so that they aren't as difficult to come across. This isn't as instantaneous as you might like as things like this go through a process involving different people. But yes, we're looking at what we can do to change it!
I'm sorry but after three weeks no one unlocked the engineer that needs Smear Campaigns.

That should tell you something about the variety of factors at play. There are too many :ROFLMAO:

While totally in line with the snarkiness of this forum (it's Dangerous Discussion after all) that wasn't exactly helpful, you know?
1623678106590.png

Good enough for me, thanks, Zac.

Pray tell me where I was an ?
And the fact that opinion polls are a pain in the arx and smear campaign are allegedly in game yet no one ever saw them and then there are answers like the above makes me feel a tad bit "verarscht" as the german says.
Because when the dev team says that a certain thing is implemented in a certain way, we the players should accept it at face value. That's plain civil. Even we might internally think that they might be "taking us for a ride", we don't have the proof and at that point we should say, "Thank you for looking into it" and follow up later. The way you responded is plain uncivil. And that's why I called you out.

To the community team, please keep up this level of communications. Absolutely loving it. And please don't let a few bad eggs ruin your day.

Top Bottom