OK... We know it is is borked, but...

I know, but NMS looks like WoW and Candy Crush had a wild night together and NMS is the result of that night
I get that NMS has a particular fantasy esthetic. Very colorful to the point of cartoon. But the wonderful thing about NMS is that it supports mods and via those mods, you can have change the game to look a lot more realistic. It's been my go-to for space exploration. It's still missing a lot of what Elite has to offer in terms of complex ship mechanics and planetary alignments. Nevertheless, mods have been nice to change the ultra-colorful palette of NMS into something darker and more appealing to actual space/sci-fi.

How should that work? Something inside the ship?

No way.
And what are you going to do in these inside ship corridors!? HMM!? Where's the gameplay!? Lemme guess, you're just gonna walk around it a few times and go "ooooh" and then drop it! Unlike the super engaging relog gameplay of farming engineer mats, ship interiors adds no value to the plethora of in-depth gameplay Elite offers. /s

Though even funnier(? Yes, we've got to laugh...) is that they brought back a load of bugs that they did finally fix (in Horizons) when they released Odyssey. Like ship and SRV settings not being retained through certain actions...

I would like odyssey to have something to do with ships. That would be nice. If they can't, then at least allow us to climb into our cockpit and sit in the chair so it at least feels like I'm not interchanging between two completely separate games. Currently as it stands odyssey offers nothing in terms of game continuity.

Its practically a flashier CQC game mode, so, in respect to what we want from odyssey and what it realistically is and always will be, maybe make it as cheap as CQC arena was, because there no way in heck its worth the asking price, bugs or not.

TBH if they would just fix the performance to actually have parity with Horizons like they LITERALLY SAID it would be, I'd be pretty forgiving with most of the gameplay we already have. Sure I'd still want more, but I'd at least be satisfied somewhat. It's insane how much the experience can be brought down by poor framerate.

But I guess beyond that? fix the netcode so that playing with friends isn't such a nightmare. Fix multicrew. Try to integrate Odyssey ground gameplay more into the base game.

And maybe, JUST MAYBE, once all that is dealt with...ship interiors.

It's not so much what's in the dlc and borked that disappoints me. That (hopefully) will all be fixed, in time. It's what's not there such as sand dunes - there are a huge variety on Mars that are absolutely beautiful with quite mesmerising patterns. The sight of yardangs rising from intricate dune fields would have been awesome. Spider like araneiforms at polar regions too would have been great. I was also very much hoping we'd see moving dust devils leaving tracks and the kind of dust storms we see on Mars.
Guess all that must have been too hard to implement, probably years away before we see it. If ever.

Honestly, just, more ways for this galaxy to feel real.

More station interiors would be ideal, with different layouts and availability for the vendors... Or, at minimum, at least randomize the decor. Shuffle the potted plants. Not have the same garbage on the same spot on the floor at every space station. Something.

Emotes would be nice. Let us sit in the chairs and lean on the bar.

I know we said no ship interiors, but, surely the interior of a fleet carrier is doable? Give squadrons a place to meet and socialize?

Speaking of that, letting large squadrons have space stations and surface settlements seems like it should be doable. If we can't build our own, let us take over existing ones!

1624460066541.png

trip mines...... we neeeeed trip mines, mind mines, robo-drones mines, spikey mines, shield mines 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

i not in anyway obsessive about mines!.

Last edited:
Top Bottom