Console users: abandon all hope

Yeah. "Soon" Frontier will push console release without shame.
"Soon", they say. Soon the terrible performance will be solve to ALL players, not just for some.
Soon the lighting will be fixed for good, and the pitch-black of fake shadows will be over.
They don't know how to fix the "copy and paste" terrain, but I'm sure "soon", after console's releasing, they will delay some upgrade which supposedly will address this problem. "Hey! That means NEVER."
Soon they will fix Odyssey's unbelievable lack of content, even for "pew-pew". Or for anything else... wait! There's NOTHING else but "pew-pew" in this "beta". Well...
Soon Frontier will finally release the real Odyssey. Soon...

The potential is there. The community is there. The possibilities are there. But the "Soon" Frontier still try to delay, avoid transparency, pushing a little more the expansive work of full solution of this mess.

Soon, but not before Console release. And not before the Winter begins. Probably not before 2021. But SOON! You will see.

I'll fetch you a cozy chair. You shall need it. The wait will be very long, better you sit down.

P.S.: Mr./Madam Moderator: I was censured because I used the word "naive" in a post. I'm not using it here. Well, I use it ONCE but only as reference. So, if you gonna remove this post too, do it for something else.

Untitled2.jpg

The potential is there. The community is there. The possibilities are there. But the "Soon" Frontier still try to delay, avoid transparency, pushing a little more the expansive work of full solution of this mess.

Soon, but not before Console release. And not before the Winter begins. Probably not before 2021. But SOON! You will see.

So, doom? I'll just wait in my comfy chair, thank you.

They can't afford to have a messy release of Odyssey on Consoles because it has a much stricter rules of playability to pass and Sony can even pull it from the store if it gets too many complaints like they did with Cyberpunk. A delay is much better than another troubled release and I think they don't have any fiscal obligation to adhere this time around.

Last edited:
The way their update reads to me sounds like they are, very wisely, planning on delaying the console release. Considering they don't even seem to fully know what is causing most of the technical issues, I see it very unlikely Odyssey will meet their original plans for being console ready by this year.

Top Bottom