Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 05 July 2021

Greetings Commanders!

As always, we've got a great lineup of community content for you to get involved in this week, whether that's submitting your photos to #StellarScreenshots, or tuning in to one of our streams! Here's the schedule:

UgdPIRh.png

Tuesday

Supercruise News #40: Zac & Bruce will be on stream this week to show off the best bits from the community, before jumping into the game!

Wednesday

Stellar Screenshots: Keep your amazing screenshots coming! We'll be picking this week's winners on Wednesday, so if you're looking for some tips, check out our recent SPVFA stream!

ED Elite Club: We're seeing more Commanders reach the pinnacle every week! Submit your screenshot of your Elite rank or decal using #EDEliteClub on Twitter!

Thursday

Arf's Pirate Stream: The Twitterverse demanded it, and here it is. Arthur will be donning his favourite pirate outfit and sailing (flying?) the high seas of space and getting up to no good in this bumper pirate stream.

Friday

Commander Creations: Are you an aspiring artist? Do you make Elite-related videos? Commander Creations is a great way to share your work with the community! Make sure to use the hashtag #CommanderCreations or reply to the latest thread to submit your entries!

Have a great week Commanders.

o7

Aww, no patch to fix the things broken by Update 5?
Like the stuttering down to single digit fps (*) in certain settlements and the broken missions?

*(these happens on specs well above the recommended specs)

@Zac Cocken how about to stop streaming Supercruise News at all (until the majority of EDO issues are resolved) and switch to the stream showing up the fixes from the latest update? Just demonstrating the work of test engineers at FDev...
That's actualy a very great idea, I love it :)

No reply, no communication. 👍
Sad story :-(

Update 5 fixed a bunch of minor little quibbles relating to data spawns and raid missions, but then completely and utterly tanked performance and made the game unplayable.

I could play the game without Yarden Bond. I can't play the game when my framerates drop to single digits.
Exactly. Nobody cares about UI and paintworks now, just make the game playable. Then add content, not the opposite way :)

Aww, no patch to fix the things broken by Update 5?
Like the stuttering down to single digit fps (*) in certain settlements and the broken missions?

*(these happens on specs well above the recommended specs)
We'll see, hopefuly

I actually care.
I payed good money on my Carriers cosmetics and in EDO they look like Crap
Same for some of the paintjobs i got for my ships

Sure, i'd like the stuttering / fps fixed, i'd like the missions fixed too, but the payed cosmetics are important too...
Eyup, I meant it that way; like nobody cares UNTIL the performance is fixed.

i disagree with both your statements.
Update 5 really broke a lot, if not most, of the settlements. Major stuttering and FPS tanking to single digits
Plus the broken missions.
You're right. Many things were broken and they fix many other things.
I need to change my statemen to: I liked part of update 5, like shared missions, shield % information and engineered info in shipyard.

Clearly they release a beta. :(

Thursday

Arf's Pirate Stream: The Twitterverse demanded it, and here it is. Arthur will be donning his favourite pirate outfit and sailing (flying?) the high seas of space and getting up to no good in this bumper pirate stream.
Just to point out, in the email this is advertised as the 7th.

The 7th is Wednesday, so I assume the email is wrong...

(I can watch on the 7th, so that's why I noticed. I am sadly not available on the 8th...)

Update 5 really broke a lot, if not most, of the settlements. Major stuttering and FPS tanking to single digits
Plus the broken missions.
I never noticed - even the missions I did were no more bugged than normal:

Skim through: It is just about 3 hours of play! - fps counter active all through... missions completed - but one needed a revisit!
(There is a big FPS drop (20 FPS) a few minutes in during play - I'd like to blame the game, but the issue was other software! (when I tab out Nvidia CP sets the idle FPS to 20!))

Last edited:
Top Bottom