Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

I was looking a for a serious asnwer too, but instead we got a Developers Update 1, and lots of bugs in Update 5, which haven't been addressed in their Weekly Schedual. Than we got our tubers influenced us with their Elite depression by switching to SC. And here we are looking at SC. The game that people were rediculing and making fun of for years, suddenly better than Odyssey. Yep just like that jumped ahead of the curve.

So yea, keep telling me how SC is bad, maybe it will cure my depression. 🍩
But make it more convincing than before.

A whole game that has been in development for 9 years, with a budget of close to 500 million and counting, with 700 developers, better than a DLC that has been heavily panned by critics, with 100 employees working on it with a much smaller budget!

Well, colour me shocked!

However, basically what you are saying is my pile of poopoo is better than that other pile of poopoo.

Not exactly a resounding proclamation. Its actually pretty bad if the best thing you can compare it to is something that is being heavily criticized. It perhaps says more about SC than it does about Odyssey.

Such a low bar that even Hermes Conrad couldn't get under it!

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Just wait to see the effect of the next CIG's lies on the ED community : volumetric clouds and missile/radar operator mode
Cool, how’s SQ42 Answer the Call 2016, going so far? Exploration gameplay? Salvage and repair? Theaters of War? Quanta? 100+ systems? Even just 1 finished system after 9 years? Just to name a few of those… shall we call them inaccuracies?

Now don’t get me wrong, that “transparency” and clear “communication” about the future I have no doubts had many players paying good money at the time due to the imminence hype when they hear about them often announced and in roadmaps. That level of information is a success indeed for CIG. Not sure about the players though.

But no worries, pretty sure gas clouds will redeem it all.

Last edited:
Wrong.
And FDEV is blamed enough on the topic of not having a roadmap.
You don't follow SC much, ED too it seems.
We follow both for very long.
So stop and go whine somewhere else.
Am i wrong? Here is a video from 2012:

1:40 - things on a Planet - not yet in the game.
2:46 - Ship Interiors - noy yet in the game.

Star Citizen - 2012.

Didn't even mentioned Ship Interiors, but already made it happen.

One thing I see from ED, but only because I dont go into SC forums maybe, is the confusion thing.
In SC, they have ships you can get in and out of. Always have, but in the early years, was really rough and entertaining, but they had that.
Now, those transitions are better, and it's something they just have.
In ED, when it was suggested we may get legs, the whole community splits up and half say they love not being able to walk around, because they love being constrained "I didnt buy a space game to walk around!" and the like. Then EDO is released, and those same people are like "I want ship interiors so I can walk inside my ship....hmm gonna go see SC..."

What happened there? If players dont want to walk around, just dont. Noone's holding a gun there. But then when EDO releases and there's legs, then they say "where the interiors?" which were never even mentioned as being included. We get it, you dont want to get up. Ok, dont hit the f*cking button then or keep playing Horizons. But now that it leads to everyone wanting interiors, then you did always want to walk around. If it means going to SC to try walking around, then dont claim you only want to sit in your chair in ED.

Imagine if SC started with being in their seat only, with the prospect of getting up only a possibility. Would they have gone through a similar split, filled with all that nonsense and confusion? Possibly! They never even gave that a try.

Lots of differing opinions of course, but i think the reason some people don't want FD to do interiors is due to the time and effort they would require as opposed to other things people think are more of a priority.

Of course, if people don't care for walking around inside ships, and FD added then, they don't need to, but they might bemoan the fact that the development effort went into that instead of (for example) atmospheric planets.

In SC (just to keep things on topic) you have to walk through your ship, time and time again. No low-fidelity teleport to cockpit options! A lot of people like this of course. For those who don't care for ship interiors though, there is no escape from it.

Which is as problematic as not delivering a promised feature.
I remember back than, they had a bigger Road Map based on amount of money people pledged. So maybe it was there i don't know.

Thou would have been interesting to see what they have achieved on it after almost 10 years, if anyone still have it.

I remember back than, they had a bigger Road Map based on amount of money people pledged. So maybe it was there i don't know.

Thou would have been interesting to see what they have achieved on it after almost 10 years, if anyone still have it.
You can refer to Stretch Goals:

But by now they are completely irrelevant, a curiosity and a potential source of good laugh.

Just wait to see the effect of the next CIG's lies on the ED community : volumetric clouds and missile/radar operator mode

Weakssauce deflection there.

There are many well documented lies by CIG which you seem content to ignore or excuse. Bringing up something CIG haven't lied about or gasp are actually implementing have nothing to do with that.

I don't follow SC much, so i don't know how much they delivered on their Early Promisses. But Elite always had Ship Interiors on a Road Map. It was never a question of what players wanted or not. It was part of a package players backed 7 or was it 8 years ago? When CM said " Ship Interiors don't have gameplay - so why we aren't doing them " - a lot of people that backed this game felt betrayed by those words.

Star Citizen on the other hand already has Ship Interiors and even Eva.

But it doesn't have exploration mechanics, salvage, pets, 109 systems, most of the large ships sold, base building, working land claims, and a bazillion other things they promised to backers over the years.

ED not having ship interiors yet has nothing to do with everything CIG has promised/sold to backers over the years and still haven't delivered all.

All i'm hearing at the moment from some people is "but ship interiors" as though this is some sort of trump card that excuses everything else that is missing from SC.

Valid point only if you think CIG will not deliver all those points. I think they will.

I answered the call in 2014, but nobody was on the other end :p

I do not think they will fulfil most of the things they promised to backers over the years, certainly not within the next several years.

We were recently told by a community manager or someone else that if something wasn't said by CR then its not a promise.

Well, there are over 100 Ten For the Chairman espisodes where CR basically promised over 1000 things.

Good luck to CIG implementing even half of what was promised in our lifetimes and with less than several billion dollars.

But it doesn't have exploration mechanics, salvage, pets, 109 systems, most of the large ships sold, base building, working land claims, and a bazillion other things they promised to backers over the years.

ED not having ship interiors yet has nothing to do with everything CIG has promised/sold to backers over the years and still haven't delivered all.

All i'm hearing at the moment from some people is "but ship interiors" as though this is some sort of trump card that excuses everything else that is missing from SC.
Yeah, what about the land claims they sold separately years ago? All the vehicles that never were delivered? The stuff they marketed and canned later?

Lots of differing opinions of course, but i think the reason some people don't want FD to do interiors is due to the time and effort they would require as opposed to other things people think are more of a priority.

Of course, if people don't care for walking around inside ships, and FD added then, they don't need to, but they might bemoan the fact that the development effort went into that instead of (for example) atmospheric planets.

In SC (just to keep things on topic) you have to walk through your ship, time and time again. No low-fidelity teleport to cockpit options! A lot of people like this of course. For those who don't care for ship interiors though, there is no escape from it.

In SC, there is more than one entrence in some ships that i have seen.

Last edited:

But there is hope with SC. They are engaging with the community, including developers them selves. They promised a lot more and they have a lot more to live up to.

Last edited:
Typically when a game is fun, people play it. A lot. Even if it has flaws, can be annoying, makes you forget your family, friends, bathing and eating and anything other than playing it.

SC is the most profitable game that very few people play. Consumed more in Youtube format of curated clips on otherwise empty servers than actual playing time.

How do you know a game is a game? When people want to play it.

A whole game that has been in development for 9 years, with a budget of close to 500 million and counting, with 700 developers, better than a DLC that has been heavily panned by critics, with 100 employees working on it with a much smaller budget!

Well, colour me shocked!
And you don't see the problem here for the ED community ? The gap you explain here will only be larger next year, and the year after... You are saying here that SC is more able to deliver in the future than ED...

It's false to claim that ED and SC are not tied or that they are not direct competitors. They are on the exact same niche since EDO : beautiful space MMO with FPS (exploration+combat) and no building mechanics. And they aim at the same gameplays. NMS, DU or SE are building games, it's another niche. And X series are not MMO. And MMO have one huge constraint, they consume a lot of playing time of their players, so except for the few players who have a lot of free time, it's often one MMO only, not two of the same genre at the same time.

And when you look closely to what ED have over SC on the tech part, appart from the server meshing everything ED have is easily doable by CIG now in the same state as ED. Server meshing is the last big tech that ED have over SC. Even the billion planets can be done by CIG once server meshing will be done if they just decide to procedurally create them like ED and pop random stations/caves missions on them.

On the contrary, when you list the tech SC have over ED, it is much more worrying. Streaming assets, nested grids, ship interiors, EVA in 0 g, VR on foot ready, Vulkan coming, ray marching light, FOIP, VOIP, huge shaders implementation, extended players movement (prone, crouch, climb ladder), full combined arm, weather, volumetric clouds, ocean...

The day SC will release it's second system will be hard on the ED community.

Last edited:
Top Bottom