We need better communication

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I know FDev has said that they would be more open and transparent, we keep hearing that they will be honestly honest but yet we are left in the dark.

At the time of writing this, 2 weeks have passed since update 5 and there is no update 6 to be seen, so far we had news on what FDev is not doing (ship interiors, releasing on consoles at the end of the year, etc.) but not on what are they doing, if any mention is mostly vague or too general.

I have seen other games use very detailed road maps, here we get nothing, for example the first 5 patches had "bug fixes and optimizations" but what were those "bug fixes and optimizations", it's to vague, is as meaningful as FDev saying "we are working", which is meaningless because you are being paid to do that, you are expected to work, is like if every time I'm asked what I'm doing I aswered with "I'm breathing".

I also have seen companies make public task board like Trello showing exactly was will be done, was is being done and what is done but not released yet, I would love to see something like that, yet, here we got nothing, every time we ask for something the answer is the same: "we are working on it" or "it's being looked at", again, bad, unclear and vague communication.

The community has grown hostile in some parts, and while it's wrong to attack people from FDev, I understand where they come from. We invested our time, money and hopes in Odyssey and Elite as a whole, in return we got a broken expansion that it's more of the same. FDev says that they will are working on it, no mention on exactly what, or how or when we only know they are working on it. And that's frustrating, being left in the dark when we invested so much in this game. We need more transparency, we need more information.
Also a small reminder for the CMDR out there, THIS DOESN'T JUSTIFY HARASSING AND ATTACKING THE DEVS.

FDev promised better communication, honesty and transparency. So far we got honesty. Kinda? Being honestly honest I don't trust FDev honesty. Not when all they say lacks information it feels like a façade, like corporate PR speech, like "damage control". After Odyssey the community has grown distant, it feels like the community is dissolving, I have criticized this game in the past, but I would hate to see it die because there is no other game like it. Don't let it die.

I was in a similar position 'wanting more communication/transparency' as on the verge of spending my space hours elsewhere.
Was given some less than credible information (i.e expect Weekly updates)

When actually they'd promised monthly Dev updates (not sure if this is just a communicative update or in game fix/patches also).

Next one is due end of this month.

Last edited:
I know FDev has said that they would be more open and transparent, we keep hearing that they will be honestly honest but yet we are left in the dark.
I recall David Braben speaking directly to this forum, to us, apologizing and providing plans and status.

Certainly not dark over here. It's pretty transparent when the President speaks about the status of the product.

Well, if Braben's post is to be believed they've just chucked all their plans out the airlock.

I think they can take a week or two to strategize. Are they just doing bug fixes? Or improving performance? Tweaking planet tech? Lighting? Balancing weapons or missions? Adding a data trader?

And if Patch 6 was going to be anything like Patch 5, they can keep it. Caused more problems than it fixed.

Well, if Braben's post is to be believed they've just chucked all their plans out the airlock.

I think they can take a week or two to strategize. Are they just doing bug fixes? Or improving performance? Tweaking planet tech? Lighting? Balancing weapons or missions? Adding a data trader?

And if Patch 6 was going to be anything like Patch 5, they can keep it. Caused more problems than it fixed.
I think you'll find they'll want to try and fix everything. Whether they can and how long it will take are unknowns.

On to the more important issue, what's the forum's obsession with cake? I suppose you all want a cup of tea to go with it too?

I think you’ll get more response from them asking about cake than any future planed fixes or content, and why not, everyone loves cake. It would be great if the Kumo Crews new drug was nicknamed CAKE
Makes me think of the latest Jumanji movies. One of the characters dies if he eats cake as it's his weakness. Quite funny when he's offered cake and gets really upset about it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom