NA Animal Wishlist

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
LionRider to be exact. He wrote that on forum. You guys missed that ?
Edit: Not him, but it is on forums.
Yeah. It was someone with early access to the pack and patch w/ the free foliage. That's why all the details of it were correct for the Africa portion, and how they used it to look legit for the other one. I think Nick made the right decision not the dox the person who did (almost undoubtedly a YT content creator, potentially a games journalist w/ review copy access) because people would probably go too far and threaten the person. It also doesn't make it any less annoying someone would abusive their privilege and mess with the community. Hopefully Frontier figured out who it was and won't work with that person in the future.

Also, before anyone jumps to conclusions, Nick and Leaf did not have access, they got it the same day as us plebs. Someone definitely did break any NDA they signed by telling them though. Well, and leaking.

I actually wouldn't have minded two NA themed packs, for Sept/Dec releases - aquatic for general with the River Otter, Alligator, Sea Lion and Beaver. And then a land one with the Cougar, Moose, Wolverine, Arctic Fox and Black Bear (with no exhibit animal), as 3 of those 5 could work very well in winter type habitats.

I would love an aquatic N. American dlc as long as another dlc with terrestrial animals from N. America come too. But I don't support it taking the place of another continent for December. 🙂 Maybe Frontier could, oh I don't know maybe change their boring forumla and give us a different pack other than 4+1/7+1 🙃

I would support two North America dlc for Fall OR even better one GOOD dlc that doesn't omit flagship species from the region like...musk ox...tasmanian devils...capybara....gibbons...were left out of certain past dlc.

Personally that na aquatic pack was a great idear, just Not for now.
They should give us a more generic pack now and somewhere in the future they could Do their aquatic pack and everyone would be happy.
Also guys dont forget, this would already be the secound Na pack, so going with biomes with cold, dry and wet could work wonders, aslong as they dont mess up the timing.

We didn't get a north america dlc.

We got arctic. The only animal from that dlc that was exclusive to north america was arctic wolves. So you can't call that a north america pack really... it's as much a north america pack as it is a european pack. (since reindeer and polar bears are found in Europe and Asia) 👍

We didn't get a north america dlc.

We got arctic. The only animal from that dlc that was exclusive to north america was arctic wolves. So you can't call that a north america pack really... it's as much a north america pack as it is a european pack. (since reindeer and polar bears are found in Europe and Asia) 👍
The Dall sheep are also NA endemic, and the main population of polar bears is in canada. It was definitely NA centric, but I agree these are not the most iconic animals for NA, and a dlc would be appreciated

The Dall sheep are also NA endemic, and the main population of polar bears is in canada. It was definitely NA centric, but I agree these are not the most iconic animals for NA, and a dlc would be appreciated

I forgot about dall sheep!

But 50% of the pack still does not make it a North America dlc!!! Lmao I would argue polar bears are iconic of russia and norway...and I'm from Canada...so to each their own I guess 🤷‍♂️

So was the aquatic pack the second south american dlc??? I haven't heard anyone say that even though it had two South American animals.

Either way...North America AND South America still have loads of animal options! Take my money and give me imaginary animals please!

I forgot about dall sheep!

But 50% of the pack still does not make it a North America dlc!!! Lmao I would argue polar bears are iconic of russia and norway...and I'm from Canada...so to each their own I guess 🤷‍♂️

So was the aquatic pack the second south american dlc??? I haven't heard anyone say that even though it had two South American animals.

Either way...North America AND South America still have loads of animal options! Take my money and give me imaginary animals please!
In many ways, the aquatic pack was a SA support pack. I remember a lot of the comments were very happy for the extra SA animals, and after the pack the complaints about lack of SA animals largely dissapeared. most complaints now are about the capybara specifically.

Yup King Penguins are circumantarctic....they are found on some south american islands....and oceanian islands (macquarie island), and african islands (prince edward islands)

I guess arctic dlc was actually a North American dlc and Aquatic dlc was actually a South American dlc. I don't know what I was thinking.

Last edited:
A lot of people here are convinced that a NA pack is coming (either standard or animal). I'm about 75% convinced it will, while the other 25% is expecting the unexpected.

Assuming we really get a NA pack, this thread will serve a similar role as the Essential Animals meta-wishlists by @random goat, @Spiderhawk, and myself, but focused solely on NA animals (that way, Frontier can figure out which are more popular and even get ideas for obscure species).

RULES:
  1. ONLY HABITAT ANIMALS WILL COUNT, NO SMALL EXHIBIT SPECIES OR FULL-AVIARY SPECIES OR FULL-AQUATICS
  2. UP TO 20 PER PLAYER
  3. MUST HAVE BEEN SUCCESFULLY KEPT IN AT LEAST 2 ZOOS (BECAUSE IF IT'S A 1-TIME THING IT WOULDN'T BE REALISTIC)
  4. GO WILD. THE CRAZIER THE BETTER
  5. ONLY NORTH AMERICAN ANIMALS, WHICH INCLUDES CENTRAL AMERICA

Moose
12​
Puma/Cougar/Mountain Lion
12​
American Alligator
11​
American Beaver
11​
Fox (Red [2]); (Gray [2]); (No preference [1]); (Island [1]); (Arctic [4])
10​
Otter (North American River [4]); (Sea Otter - No preference [4] Southern/Californian [1]); (No preference [1])
10​
Wolverine
10​
Sea Lion (California [7]); (Steller's [1]); (No preference [1])
9​
American Black Bear
8​
Coyote
8​
Musk Ox
8​
Raccoon (No preference [7]); (Northern [1])
8​
Big Horned Sheep/Bighorn Sheep (No preference [6]); (Desert [1])
7​
Collared Peccary
7​
Prairie Dog (Black-tailed [2]) (No preference [5])
7​
Armadillo (No preference [1]); (Nine-banded [5])
6​
Roadrunner (Greater [3]); (No preference [3])
6​
White-Tailed Deer
6​
Mountain Goat (Coastal [1]); (No preference [3]); (Rocky [1])
5​
Porcupine (No preference [2]); (North american [3])
5​
Skunk (Striped [3]); (Spotted [1]); (No preference [1])
5​
Alligator Snapping Turtle
4​
Bobcat
4​
Coati (No preference [2]); (White-nosed [2])
4​
Elk (North American) (No preference [3]); (Roosevelt [1])
4​
Walrus
4​
Black-Footed Ferret
3​
Ocelot
3​
Sandhill Crane
3​
Spider Monkey (Mexican [1]); (No preference [2])
3​
Atlantic Puffin
2​
Great Blue Heron
2​
North American Ringtail/Ringtail Cat
2​
Red Wolf
2​
Sitka Black-Tailed Deer
2​
Wild Boar
2​
American Flamingo
1​
West Indian Manatee
1​
Whooping Crane
1​
Wild Turkey
1​
American Crane
1​
Actually, when looking at the roster, the most lacking continent right now is Europe, not NA. So it would make more sense if we got a European DLC.

But for a NA DLC I'd go with:

1) Moose
2) Cougar
3) West Indian Manatee
4) American beaver

Actually, when looking at the roster, the most lacking continent right now is Europe, not NA. So it would make more sense if we got a European DLC.

But for a NA DLC I'd go with:

1) Moose
2) Cougar
3) West Indian Manatee
4) American beaver
How could a manatee enter a habitat with the current habitat mechanics?

Last edited:
How could a manatee enter a habitat with the current habitat mechanics
I'm trying to figure it out myself. Or how it could potentially be added.

And this reminds me: I will post the updated list later today, and because manatees don't fit the current format (and are breaking the rules in this thread) I will make a 2nd list featuring animals that currently don't fit the mechanics (I have 3 manatee votes, but I wouldn't be surprised if I receive more)

BUT

Y'all can switch y'alls votes to something currently fitting the mechanics, to those that asked for a manatee (@avietar @12344321 @nutrit). Just let me know to what y'all change it to, and I'll edit the list

Last edited:
How could the meerkat dig with the previous mechanics?
They couldnt so they made new ones
It's different from a coding perspective. The meerkat digging is just an extension of the traverseable area. Where they can walk, they can dig with the only addition being new animations and "dig hole" objects.

Manatees would require an entirely new type of habitat/habitat gate. Considering how deeply the habitat gate mechanics go, I think creating a fully aquatic habitat would be a lot more complicated than the meerkat digging animations.

Last edited:
It's different from a coding perspective. The meerkat digging is just an extension of the traverseable area. Where they can walk, they can dig with the only addition being new animations and "dig hole" objects.

Manatees would require an entirely new type of habitat/habitat gate. Considering how deeply the habitat gate mechanics go, I think creating a fully aquatic habitat would be a lot more complicated than the meerkat digging animations.

Well then Frontier should code the new animations and we can pay for the new dlc. They have a product and the expertise and we have money. Let's make some transactions happen!

I would love sharks, rays and manatees in PZ 😍

How could a manatee enter a habitat with the current habitat mechanics?
Doesn't frontier already have underwater mechanics mostly figured out? Manatees would be quite easy to animate, as they move slowly, floating just below the water's surface or floating above the water's floor like hippos, coming up occasionally to breathe. The most challenging part about manatees (and other fully aquatic animals) is to figure out a new habitat gate.

Manatees are the most interesting species I've seen in zoo habitats. They are hypnotizing slow moving giants.

Doesn't frontier already have underwater mechanics mostly figured out? Manatees would be quite easy to animate, as they move slowly, floating just below the water's surface or floating above the water's floor like hippos, coming up occasionally to breathe. The most challenging part about manatees (and other fully aquatic animals) is to figure out a new habitat gate.

Manatees are the most interesting species I've seen in zoo habitats. They are hypnotizing slow moving giants.
It's not the animations which are a problem, but the habitat.

The habitat gate is as of now the "spawn point" of animals. When an animal arrives in an habitat, the terrain near the gate is locked as a "safe space" where the animal can traverse, and all calculations like traverseable area happen there.

Because it is built for terrestrial animals, the gate can't interact with water, and every habitat must have at least a small patch of land to function properly.

Fully aquatic species would require an entirely new type of habitat+habitat gate and spawn point, plus a way for zookeepers to tend to aquatic animals.

Currently zookeepers can't enter water.

These would mean major overhaul of the habitat system, so it would probably be done for a marine pack, not for one animal in a NA pack, the same way deep diving was kept as a feature for an entire pack.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom