Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

CIG have normally started to add the gen12 renderer in 3.14 (but it will have no effect in this patch).
Integration will continue for one or two patch and afterthat, they will add Vulkan and activate it.
So expect some weird bugs about FPS for some patches.
I do occasionally read the patch notes and dev comments you know...anyway, leave me alone, I'm watching the neckbeard dude freak out over the leaves :D

Last edited:
UqECGliEv3g-6023BCEu7Y2vpOygFyjNkYmD2Ed9ejM.png

400 million or so later.... ITS ALPHA!

Also, from the same Chairman's Letter

We are also excited to reveal the $21 million stretch goal, a major gameplay feature we have been hoping to include with Star Citizen and the culmination of several recent stretch goal unlocks!
Salvage Mechanic: Salvage isn’t an aside: it’s a career, with its own mechanic, story tie-ins and universe-shaping endgames. Search the galaxy for a host of valuable and interesting secrets using both the flight and FPS components. Discover the secrets of the ancient Hadesians, locate valuable components and cargo… or go down in history as the first to make contact with an entirely new alien race!

So, how's that salvage gameplay coming along?

And the best part, showing CR understands nothing about project management or game development

Finally there is one very important element – the more funds we can raise in the pre-launch phase, the more we can invest in additional content (more ships, characters etc.) and perhaps more importantly we can apply greater number of resources to the various tasks to ensure we deliver the full functionality sooner rather than later.

Yeah, how's that going? Alpha after 9 years eh? Oh dear.

no, he was in code. but i think he even quit code years ago. not 100% sure though.
Yeah left over Code deciding to allow cross-mode invading iirc (gank Mobius basically).
Joined AXI, left, joined again, left again.
Was one of the better "pirates", like even had a cargo bay fitted early on.

So how many Code and SDC have jumped to SC or other games?

Sure don't hear much about them nowadays... there were two playstation groups that tried to be the bad boys on our platform but were hilariously incompetent. I used to fly my Fuel Rat Cobra mk3 in Jameson when not on a job, and just tie them up so other cmdrs could run about safely, never once got killed in it.

Yeah left over Code deciding to allow cross-mode invading iirc (gank Mobius basically).
Joined AXI, left, joined again, left again.
Was one of the better "pirates", like even had a cargo bay fitted early on.

So how many Code and SDC have jumped to SC or other games?

Sure don't hear much about them nowadays... there were two playstation groups that tried to be the bad boys on our platform but were hilariously incompetent. I used to fly my Fuel Rat Cobra mk3 in Jameson when not on a job, and just tie them up so other cmdrs could run about safely, never once got killed in it.
I remembered Gluttony Fang from his many posts in the 'Hotel California' thread on DD a few years ago. There are a few names you'll probably recognise here and there, depends on when you play and on what regional servers I suppose. A few PvP guys came over to SC a few years ago...some preferred the faster combat, lack of engineers, no private groups etc....as far as I know anyway. I'm too much of a carebear these days for them to even notice I exist, far less talk to me :D

I've only passed the time of day in global chat with the few names I recognised in the passing...Harry, Zaphod Hawk, a couple of others...Sovapid too of course although we never crossed paths when I played ED :)

Last edited:
follow up on the UI getting worse.....

06ZMVDa.png

weapon bucket status is on the right side of the screen (bonus points for it bleeding over other UI elements) and all weapons have there own buckets.

to put power to weapons you need to move the triangle to left

thruster bucket status on the left side of the screen (and it disappears if it is full)

to put power to thrusters you need to move the triangle down

shield bucket status is where ever you decide to put it

to put power to shields you need to move the triangle right

how far off center the velocity indicator shows up. well within the margin of error of flying past an asteroid or smashing into it.

disappeared thruster bucket

ktizmhd.png

and additional bonus points for the little velocity caret indictor

follow up on the UI getting worse.....

06ZMVDa.png

weapon bucket status is on the right side of the screen (bonus points for it bleeding over other UI elements) and all weapons have there own buckets.

to put power to weapons you need to move the triangle to left

thruster bucket status on the left side of the screen (and it disappears if it is full)

to put power to thrusters you need to move the triangle down

shield bucket status is where ever you decide to put it

to put power to shields you need to move the triangle right

how far off center the velocity indicator shows up. well within the margin of error of flying past an asteroid or smashing into it.

disappeared thruster bucket

ktizmhd.png

and additional bonus points for the little velocity caret indictor
Is that in the new PTU patch? Haven't fired it up yet. It looks pretty hacked together and it's getting worse by the patch, they'll need to fix that for it to be even slightly useful, the TVI especially. They could also have grouped the weapon buckets in 2 rows of 3 to prevent the bleeding into the lower part of the HUD :(

Last edited:
New 3.14 PTU patch again...a bit different this time since it's a weekend long Xenothreat stress test. Announcement on Spectrum earlier. Still a few major issues to fix yet, so no pushing it to live until at least midweek I reckon.

I really miss @ECity posting all this stuff, I can never be bothered :D

CIG hit it out of the park with the AI on this one! Was on the edge of my seat the whole time, unsure if I'd be able to withstand the ferocious fight from the AI!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svlhuiznzFI

Top Bottom