Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Yup, I thought you were trying to catch the space-whales when you jumped off :D

It's pretty smooth now, even with the low-ish frame rates. For me, it's not much worse than New Babbage or Lorville overall. It'll do. It's just a Star Citizen tourist or leaf fetishist destination anyway...until they add some missions or decent trade. Until they do, I'll go there once but probably never feel the urge to visit again :)

Last edited:
Yup, I thought you were trying to catch the space-whales when you jumped off :D

It's pretty smooth now, even with the low-ish frame rates. For me, it's not much worse than New Babbage or Lorville overall. It'll do :)

I was trying to catch the flag............. why put it there? right there? :eek:

It will come.
What we have is already amazing, I don't see how it could get any worse in the future.

That’s two different things Ant.

Will they fulfill on the incredibly long list of unrealised pledges? Or get anywhere close? That’s the $377,966,804 question I was asking.

You can blithely say 'it will come' as much as you like, but it’s 2021, and the list is absurdly long. A more measured answer would be: It might not ;)

Will they fulfill on the incredibly long list of unrealised pledges? Or get anywhere close? That’s the $377,966,804 question I was asking.

You can blithely say 'it will come' as much as you like, but it’s 2021, and the list is absurdly long. A more measured answer would be: It might not ;)
Will they fulfill the incredible long list ? No other company try to fulfill such a list, they don't want to do it. Only CIG is trying and they check elements of this list patch after patch. To fulfill such a long list, they need time and they are late. But most promises will come as long as CIG has money.

Will they fulfill the incredible long list ? No other company try to fulfill such a list, they don't want to do it. Only CIG is trying and they check elements of this list patch after patch. To fulfill such a long list, they need time and they are late. But most promises will come as long as CIG has money.

Excuse me, but they sold people on that list.

They literally said "Give us X millions, we will deliver Y"

Are you saying its ok for a company to say they will deliver one thing, then deliver another?

Because if so, that undermines the whole idea of kickstarter and crowdfunding.

Will they fulfill the incredible long list ? No other company try to fulfill such a list, they don't want to do it.

No other company wants to pre-sell such a detailed list of possibly unfulfillable features? Weird that ;)

Only CIG is trying and they check elements of this list patch after patch.

Well, in the sense that loot crates tick off one tiny step towards intergalactic exploration. Apparently.

To fulfill such a long list, they need time and they are late. But most promises will come as long as CIG has money.

But at this rate the full feature set would hit alpha state when? 2026? 2030? (Assuming it’s all possible at all etc).

Even the Calder’s bridging cash doesn’t stretch that far…

Sustaining this level of staffing and dev is indeed one of the big question marks over any fulsome future delivery.

But at this rate the full feature set would hit alpha state when? 2026? 2030? (Assuming it’s all possible at all etc).

Hahaha.... you optimist you.

To fulfill all their stretch goals now, especially since it has become apparent CR will keep adding new stuff as long as he has money (and will probably keep reworking the mess hall scene at least another 500 times), its clearly Freelancer all over again, I think even 2040 might be too optimistic.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
You see CIG as the only company trying to do an incredibly long list of features. Others see CIG as a company whose only way to stay afloat and save face has been to keep promising anything and everything to everyone, and so to continue milking its customer base (while unable to deliver a single product for 10+ years so far).

If something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Last edited:

Dont forget the "each dollar pledged being worth three" claptrap he spouted ... which must be true as what ever Chris says is Gospel. And that means, that in normal money, they have raised over a billion dollars!!

8 and a half years and still waiting.

I'm just glad I did not give CIG any money in 2012. I would be hopping mad for the last 7 years. My sympathy goes for those who did.
Why? Most of us didn't die or anything untoward...in fact, a fair few of us are still playing Star Citizen quite contentedly whilst the occasional patronising ED commander drops in here and feels it somehow appropriate to offer us their sympathy for doing so.... then proceed directly to patting themselves on the back for not falling prey to Ci¬G's business practises 🤷‍♂️

I'll give you a big hint...neither did we... outside of your subjective opinion of course :)

Thanks for your sympathy, you have mine in return...no idea what for, I'll think of something later ;)

Last edited:
I recently saw a short video of an ED player having his first "Armstrong moment" in SC. :ROFLMAO: Unlike in ED, he really had to climb down the stairs to leave his ship. Impressive (or so he must have thought). Then he walked around a bit and kept wiping drops of condensation off his helmet! That actually made me laughing out loud. Is that what people call "immersion" these days? I already find the much more subtle condensation drops inside the helmet in Odyssey pretty ridiculous. But outside? And does either of that bear any form of gameplay value? Then he even found some nice flowers, but he didn't even try to do anything with them. Is that even possible in SC? But the biggest showstopper for me was how his ship behaved: as if it had no weight, no inertial effects at all!
And that is something that would instantly kill my immersion.
In this context compared with EDO it is.

Why? Most of us didn't die
... yet

Early days! Tier 0! You don't understand old age development!

1627791887922.png

Top Bottom