COMPLETED CG Protect Deliveries for Neomedical Industries (Bounty Hunting)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I noticed the relatively high payoff too. Seems fair though. You can make far more money on the trade alone than on the bounty hunting while doing it. So that balances it out maybe ?
Looks like the human made a typo on the multiplier in entry more like, back to the galaxy summit bounty hunting rewards levels which is X2 the normal...
Bounty hunters that stack kill missions are making boat loads more than cargo ships per hour...

Anyone else had their bounty contribution reset?
After racking up 5 mil, I tried to get some missions targeting the pirates, but after handing them in, my counter just resetted. I got another 2 mil, close the game for the day, got back, and now I'm on zero again. Even Inara is still tracking me at 2 mil, but game says nil.

EDIT: I think I discovered what happened. While doing other missions, I got a legal one that required me to do something illegal (trespass on ground target). Filtered my Transactions menu to include only missions (so I wouldn't touch the Community Goals), and went to the mission. Tried to quit. Mission was still there. Tried again. Noticed that the confirmation box wasn't to abandon the mission, but rather the Community Goal, but didn't notice fast enough to not do it. Checked my Transactions. Both Community Goals gone. 19320 tons delivered for nothing. Hours and hours lost. Awesome.

There is some kind of bad interaction between missions and the community goal (at least it's occurring for me). I'm never touching these again.

EDIT 2: And don't expect FDev to care. I posted a ticket, flight logs, video and all, and they don't believe me and won't do anything about it. They said that I abandoned the Community Goal myself.

Last edited:
Final contribution just shy of 282m with over a billion extra made from MM's, cheers to @GraphiteGB for the quick tips posted on page 1.

Met a load of new friends at the Tor megaship scenario, PS4 was surprisingly busy this week.

I'm spending the rest of today heading up and over the Col 70 region to visit the 2 Hyford Cache locations and should be back on my FC in the bubble later tonight.

Looking forward to tomorrows new CG as Lave Radio have hinted (according to FDev streams) it's one not to be missed!

Happy hunting all 😀

That sucks.
After racking up 5 mil, I tried to get some missions targeting the pirates, but after handing them in, my counter just resetted. I got another 2 mil, close the game for the day, got back, and now I'm on zero again. Even Inara is still tracking me at 2 mil, but game says nil.

EDIT: I think I discovered what happened. While doing other missions, I got a legal one that required me to do something illegal (trespass on ground target). Filtered my Transactions menu to include only missions (so I wouldn't touch the Community Goals), and went to the mission. Tried to quit. Mission was still there. Tried again. Noticed that the confirmation box wasn't to abandon the mission, but rather the Community Goal, but didn't notice fast enough to not do it. Checked my Transactions. Both Community Goals gone. 19320 tons delivered for nothing. Hours and hours lost. Awesome.

There is some kind of bad interaction between missions and the community goal (at least it's occurring for me). I'm never touching these again.

EDIT 2: And don't expect FDev to care. I posted a ticket, flight logs, video and all, and they don't believe me and won't do anything about it. They said that I abandoned the Community Goal myself.

That sucks. FDev were great when I rebought my ship after inadvertently unselecting module replacement, and you'd think they could accept that this wasn't intentional either.

It's a lot to make up for, and probably too much, with a day or so to go.

this is stupid, there isn't any way to abandon a CG ... at least on horizon, didn't check odyssey ...

Edit : Checked Odyssey ... there is an abandon button here ... why would they do this, there is no point in adding this !
there isn't any gain nor loss in abandoning a CG i mean the worse you could have is ... nothing ... why did they do that? no clue ...

Last edited:
this is stupid, there isn't any way to abandon a CG ... at least on horizon, didn't check odyssey ...

Edit : Checked Odyssey ... there is an abandon button here ... why would they do this, there is no point in adding this !
there isn't any gain nor loss in abandoning a CG i mean the worse you could have is ... nothing ... why did they do that? no clue ...
The storyline/lore. When you realize (halfway) you dont want to suppport that side with anything anymore, because you fell love with another superpower, Aegis, etc.

I imagine they re-wrote the mission code for Odyssey (the way players keep asking them to rewrite the game) and the person doing it didn't realise cgs don't have a cancel option.

Probably worth pinging Sally a bit later, might still be able to get it removed in patch 7 even if they can't fix the overlay issue. And ask kietrax to put a big warning on the next set of CG threads...

Last edited:

Ouch, this really sucks.
Thanks for the head-up

Well, technically they're right.
Now depending on how you presented the issue in the support ticket... being genuinely nice goes a long way to get a positive response from the Support team
Not saying that you weren't - they could have been simply overwhelmed with issues or this being a new thing, there wasn't an easy way out for the support to help you.

Probably worth pinging Sally a bit later, might still be able to get it removed in patch 7 even if they can't fix the overlay issue. And ask kietrax to put a big warning on the next set of CG threads...

Yea, some extra warnings and/or maybe a removal of the abandon mission button for the CG it would be really nice

Hi @sallymorganmoore - another for your notebook:

If people are getting the CG-cancel issue there is an issue you can confirm: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/42500

Looks like CGs have an Abandon button in EDO where they didn't in EDH (and people are accidentally abandoning active CGs) - there is also a bug where the CG can be cancelled when attempting to abandon a failed mission ...

As reported here:
EDIT: I think I discovered what happened. While doing other missions, I got a legal one that required me to do something illegal (trespass on ground target). Filtered my Transactions menu to include only missions (so I wouldn't touch the Community Goals), and went to the mission. Tried to quit. Mission was still there. Tried again. Noticed that the confirmation box wasn't to abandon the mission, but rather the Community Goal, but didn't notice fast enough to not do it. Checked my Transactions. Both Community Goals gone
and here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/need-help-with-odyssey-losing-cg.589484/

@Kietrax - might be worth warning people in any upcoming CG threads?

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Looks like CGs have an Abandon button in EDO where they didn't in EDH (and people are accidentally abandoning active CGs) - there is also a bug where the CG can be cancelled when attempting to abandon a failed mission ...

As reported here:

and here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/need-help-with-odyssey-losing-cg.589484/
I've never heard of this happening before but seems it is a known issue, as posted by Factabulous above. It would be helpful if anyone experiencing this problem confirmed the report. ( https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/42500)

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Hi @sallymorganmoore - another for your notebook:

As reported here:

@Kietrax - might be worth warning people in any upcoming CG threads?

Noted! Thanks for the poke on this and for including all the handy bits I need. Appreciated as always.

How this CG progressed:
lYsHUVw.png
Image fixed..
I think I see the point where the megaship scenario was discovered on Saturday and publicized.
It was the weekend as well so more players were active which boosts it alot as well..
NMS CG event triggered so I left and let some else have a Cobra skin as well..

Ouch, this really sucks.
Thanks for the head-up

Well, technically they're right.
Now depending on how you presented the issue in the support ticket... being genuinely nice goes a long way to get a positive response from the Support team
Not saying that you weren't - they could have been simply overwhelmed with issues or this being a new thing, there wasn't an easy way out for the support to help you.

Yea, some extra warnings and/or maybe a removal of the abandon mission button for the CG it would be really nice
I was nice and helpful. I know how to bottle up frustration when talking with the people who are supposed to be able to help, thanks for asking. I'm not being nice here because I'm frustrated over losing several hours of gameplay and being told that I'm lying despite providing video and logs to prove, and being told "we can't do anything about it" when the reality is "we won't do anything about it". At the very least I could have received decals or the Arx to buy them myself.

I won't share the text cause I don't know if this hits some personal non-disclosure rule on either forums or support, but I know how hard it is to pinpoint hard to reproduce bugs AND work on support. Being nice goes a long way, always.

If anyone knows other Issue Tracker issues regarding this, let me know via PM and I'll try to contribute. I posted this one with the reproduction steps I went through and video of the result.

For now I'll just stop playing until I forget all this.

It sounds like you have a reasonable case, going by subsequent comments, so I hope that FDev do the right thing. Like Northpin, I'm not going to presume to know who said what to who after the fact, but it's got to be good for the brand when a game doesn't come a cropper because of a nonsensical quit option.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom