Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

If star citizen becomes optimized before elite does (server meshing removing the server caused hitches?), i'll buy it just out of spite.
You will have to wait till this year plus one, dear sir. I've heard the Magic words "Server Meshing", "Pyro", "Nix", "TOW" two years ago. Since then EDO got released, however cyberpunk it is, but none of those spells borne fruit.
Please do understand that Best Damn Egyptian Pyramid Ever hadn't been built in ten years.

I think by this point most people are sure that once Server Meshing is done, it won't live up to all its promises, it will get labelled Tier 0, and CIG will come up with some other magical jesus tech that will be required before server meshing really starts to work.

Its not like we haven't heard this all before.

I think by this point most people are sure that once Server Meshing is done, it won't live up to all its promises, it will get labelled Tier 0, and CIG will come up with some other magical jesus tech that will be required before server meshing really starts to work.

Its not like we haven't heard this all before.
Tier 1. Tier 0 is for Robbler influence. Tier 1 is throwing the fluff out the window, make many dreamers angry that it isn't Sim Life but at least it's deliverable and working in a way.

bangs head on desk

Okay... I'm definitely not imagining things. RSI's updater seems to be randomly closing down on me. When I got up this morning, it wasn't open, even though I'd left it open overnight. I also had to start the download over... again! And I just noticed that RSI's updater had closed again, right as I'm getting ready to leave for work. With download speeds in the 500 KB/s range! :mad:

Okay, you SC experts, please help... what the frell is going on here??? o_O

bangs head on desk

Okay... I'm definitely not imagining things. RSI's updater seems to be randomly closing down on me. When I got up this morning, it wasn't open, even though I'd left it open overnight. I also had to start the download over... again! And I just noticed that RSI's updater had closed again, right as I'm getting ready to leave for work. With download speeds in the 500 KB/s range! :mad:

Okay, you SC experts, please help... what the frell is going on here??? o_O

HonestVelvetyEarthworm-size_restricted.gif

CIG mods getting a little antsy about the ToW threads that are popping up. at least 1 locked and 1 deleted.

Looks like trying to hold CIG accountable for delivering on SQ42/SC before they make other games is not appreciated.

This one was deleted, but a FUDster grabbed a screenshot before it was nuked. (Click to expand)

mr5aj7vf61p71.jpg

I'm enjoying all the people saying its not going to be a standalone game. And of course, so far no statement from CIG on the matter. Will be interesting to see if they respond, and if so, how.

Seems pretty certain now, ToW is going to be a separate game, and probably for consoles, which IIRC, @WotGTheAgent predicted a year or so ago.

I'm enjoying all the people saying its not going to be a standalone game. And of course, so far no statement from CIG on the matter. Will be interesting to see if they respond, and if so, how.

Seems pretty certain now, ToW is going to be a separate game, and probably for consoles, which IIRC, @WotGTheAgent predicted a year or so ago.
Released in to the main launcher, or kicked out as a standalone, either way it's going to be a laugh.

To watch.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Somehow this content means nothing anymore now that elite is in the same boat game wise. I
This is incorrect in way too many levels to list here. Starting perhaps by the simple fact that in Elite s case there have been 1 base game and multiple DLC actually released (some even at no added cost) and where the market can analyze actual reviews and gameplay vids of what the product specifically offers (WYSIWYG) before a purchase decision. Whereas in the SC case not a single product has been released in 10 years of development after estimating initial release in 2014, and where the market is still being asked for money unashamedly without yet even knowing how the product will look like when released.

Last edited:
This is incorrect in way too many levels to list here. Starting perhaps by the simple fact that in Elite s case there have been 1 base game and multiple DLC actually released (some even at no added cost) and where the market can analyze actual reviews of what the product offers before a purchase decision. Whereas in the SC case not a single product has been released in 10 years of development and the market is being asked for money without yet even knowing how the product will look like when released.
ED was never in the same boat and SC never managed to catch up. We might see some catching up without Chis Grabblers now maybe, but I wouldn't count on much. Maybe it's rather monetizing the heejeebers out of it like the ToW rumours indicate.

Sean Tracy on ToW in 2019 talking about how he wanted to get it out to backers early next year (2020) and there was no reason to delay it.

The way for CIG to spin this would be to say something like ToW would reach a wider audience, generate additional funds so they could deliver SQ42 and SC "sooner rather than later" (as per the infamous polls, and yes I'm keeping a straight face while typing this), and capture a portion of the console audience to show them the wonders of PC gaming. (Or, more realistically, to fulfill obligations as per some agreement they had with the Calders.)

But the way mods are shutting down discussion on Spectrum, that very well could be because it's going to be a CitCon reveal (or an "I absolve myself" video, whichever comes first).

EDIT: I initially cited The Pledge, which was about treating backers with the same respect as a publisher, complete with communication about major decisions. Ooops.

Last edited:

personally I have no interest in tow, as far as I understand it is a separate game that was going to use a free to play model, but I could be wrong, there are people who say it was the replacement for star marine which would also have logic (and very few people use star marine nowadays) but while there are some people excited about this, many of us just don't, in life not everyone wants the same things, that's not bad, you will never find people aligned with an idea, If you want to find people dissatisfied with something, sure you will, it will be easy whatever it is; The problem I see here is how we tend to generalize, it is a bias that leads us to take the wrong image about something.

Top Bottom