Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

So, you're saying SC lends itself more to being a releasable product (which it doesn't, since it can't be released at the moment) than a machinima maker (which it does very well)?

Or are you saying that SC doesn't lend itself at all to being a machinima maker (which would conflict with your post with the machinima video).

And you're saying my opinion is biased?! :ROFLMAO:

But if you want to suggest SC is a releasable product, awesome, we can review it like one! You want to go down that road? I'm totally up for that!
and you are doing it again, i didn't say any of that you mention. you only arranged those sentences as if they were mine to validate your own argument, I never said such a thing.

you are very funny man, first I put a video about gameplay and your only reaction is to ridicule who made the video (I still don't understand why), then I put a video of machinima and your only reaction is to say that sc only works for that,

so I'll put your own sentences as questions:

SC lends itself more to being a releasable product? absolutely not, that does not mean that it is not playable and enjoyable right now, it still has a lot of bugs to fix and game play to develop, ( at what point have I mentioned or discused this in my previous post? never, as said before you've just accommodated this to your argument

is star citizen a good screenshot simulator? Sure, but it's not only that,

then the correct sentence would be sc is a game in development that can already be played and enjoyed and that also has a good photo mode, and yes, it still has a lot of bugs to fix and a lot of gameplay to develop.

It's just what the series was named since it was to differentiate between SC and her metric tonne of ED+O content on her YouTube channel, I don't imagine Kate would have imagined it lasting so long or being so popular in the first place 🤷‍♂️

But it is lasting, and I find still calling herself an Elite player is now simply milking it and its time to drop it. She hasn't done any Elite content in ages.

If she went and played Fortnite would she title her videos "An Elite player plays Fortnite"? I'd hazard a guess at no, she wouldn't.

But it is lasting, and I find still calling herself an Elite player is now simply milking it and its time to drop it. She hasn't done any Elite content in ages.

If she went and played Fortnite would she title her videos "An Elite player plays Fortnite"? I'd hazard a guess at no, she wouldn't.
She still plays and produces content for Elite as far as I know, I assumed that would cover the title of the series... or doesn't her contribution of over 6,000 hours to ED count any longer since she now makes SC content as well?

I didn't think you were that petty minded :)

Last edited:
and you are doing it again, i didn't say any of that you mention. you only arranged those sentences as if they were mine to validate your own argument, I never said such a thing.

you are very funny man, first I put a video about gameplay and your only reaction is to ridicule who made the video (I still don't understand why), then I put a video of machinima and your only reaction is to say that sc only works for that,

so I'll put your own sentences as questions:

SC lends itself more to being a releasable product? absolutely not, that does not mean that it is not playable and enjoyable right now, it still has a lot of bugs to fix and game play to develop, ( at what point have I mentioned or discused this in my previous post? never, as said before you've just accommodated this to your argument

is star citizen a good screenshot simulator? Sure, but it's not only that,

then the correct sentence would be sc is a game in development that can already be played and enjoyed and that also has a good photo mode, and yes, it still has a lot of bugs to fix and a lot of gameplay to develop.

You stated that i'm wrong to say that SC is better for machinima than being a releasable product.

I challenged you on that.

SC lends itself more to being a releasable product? absolutely not

There we go. Your own words. It is not suitable to be released. Therefore, at this time, it is more suited to machinima than being released.

Glad you agree with me!

I don't disagree with any of that, but that was never my point.

She still plays Elite, doesn't that cover the title of the series... or doesn't her contribution to ED over the years count any longer since she now makes SC content as well? :)

Her last Elite content on YouTube was 2 months ago.

Maybe she does still play Elite. That isn't apparent from the content she produces.

But even if she does, its no longer her testing SC out as an Elite commander. She is now a SC player. Maybe in addition to being an Elite player still.

Its more a SC player plays SC now.

If she returned to producing ED content, would she title the videos "A SC player plays Elite"? Perhaps she should ;)

Or maybe its all really irrelevant which other games she has played and played or for how long.

I don't think i've ever seen any other game focused YouTuber title videos like "A Call of Duty Player Plays Battlefield" and then milk it for months. But maybe they have.

You stated that i'm wrong to say that SC is better for machinima than being a releasable product.
I never said you were wrong, I responded "that's not true at all" its very diferent because you are conditioning the bias from your own sentence, that "than" connecting 2 things that are not necessarily opposite or related is superfluous, you can't expect a "black or white" reply there

She feels the same way. The honeymoon is over, it's now a solid marriage.
But i feel like the 3.15 wipe will be the perfect time to release such a video, as well as bring the Elite CMDR plays Star Citizen Playlist to a close and start a new Playlist following the Skunks as we try to create something coherent of ourselves in the Verse! Formerly being an Elite CMDR becomes less and less relevant with each passing week and it is likely we will even see a change to the channel name following the release of 3.15

HonestVelvetyEarthworm-size_restricted.gif
What? No telling me I need to install onto an SSD? ;)

Maybe she does still play Elite. That isn't apparent from the content she produces.

But even if she does, its no longer her testing SC out as an Elite commander. She is now a SC player. Maybe in addition to being an Elite player still.

If she returned to producing ED content, would she title the videos "A SC player plays Elite"? Perhaps she should ;)

Or maybe its all really irrelevant which other games she has played and played or for how long.

I don't think i've ever seen any other game focused YouTuber title videos like "A Call of Duty Player Plays Battlefield" and then milk it for months. But maybe they have.
I just don't see why it's important to you is all. I like her SC video content regardless of whatever she's played or made content for past, present or future. She's not judging SC, just playing it and posting videos of that gameplay...perhaps that's where the issue lies?

Pretty certain?? Off of that Nvidia "leak"?? lol :ROFLMAO:

Not just off the leak. Its been suspected for a long time, starting with CIG looking for people with skills in Unreal and FireSprite handling the development. So not just off that leak, that's just another piece of the puzzle as it were.

But anyway, let's wait and see. Maybe CIG will have something to say at the whale con. Or maybe not, because transparent development only applies when it suits CIG.

PS: I might be wrong, but as far as i recall, CIG never actually told anyone they were developing ToW in Unreal (although that remains to be confirmed, despite @Intrepid3D being convinced it is), they never told anyone they had handed development of ToW over to FireSprite until it was already discovered, and likewise they never told people they had sold 10% of the company to a third party until months later, after we already had discovered it.

CIG don't tell a lot of things to backers that would be of interest to backers, presumably when they think that news might negatively impact funding, or at least until after the next big sale, which is funny for allegedly the most transparent development ever. So ToW being developed in Unreal for consoles would be no surprise at all.

Last edited:
I just don't see why it's important to you is all. I like her SC video content regardless of whatever she's played or made content for past, present or future. She's not judging SC, just playing it and posting videos of that gameplay...perhaps that's where the issue lies?

As i said, i felt like it was time she dropped it and was milking it, and thanks to LittleAnt, we see that Kate also feels like the title has run its course.

Well. That never been done before for sure.

Tier 0 jacket

796g9r3tc3p71.jpg
Is that in Mandarin? I hear they write vertically, not left-to-right

"Can play right now at the Citizen Con event"

Until they turned the computers off because people were more interested in play testing ToW than listening to Tony Z drone on about quanta. :D
That actually reminds me of Blizzcon three years ago: "Why do you want to play test on PC instead of listening to me? Don't you guys have ears?"

Last edited:
It's just what the series was named since it was to differentiate between SC and her metric tonne of ED+O content on her YouTube channel, I don't imagine Kate would have imagined it lasting so long or being so popular in the first place 🤷‍♂️
Well, no, thats the new formulation of words for the titles, only used in the 2 most recent videos in the "ELITE CMDR plays STAR CITIZEN" series.

Which is fine, it's about business, attracting views. Just don't imagine the titles are accidental, or to differentiate them from old content. It's about being found for particular audiences.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
She feels the same way. The honeymoon is over, it's now a solid marriage.

I have enough experience in the verse now to give an accurate and unbiased opinion on Star Citizen's current state and gameplay

An "unbiased opinion" on a game that is giving her around 5 times more views per episode than Elite.

I mean by all means, she is more than welcome to an opinion of course, but dayum! 😂

Last edited:
Top Bottom