Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

One of my screens was used on the official Star Citizen website:

This Week In Star Citizen.jpg

Also....

00155.jpg00156.jpg00157.jpg00158.jpg00159.jpg00160.jpg00161.jpg00162.jpg00163.jpg

I know, I have the audacity to go to work and come back to bloody Pyramids? - I'm struggling to catch up for rl reasons................has Chris just discovered Stargate SG1?....the new Stargate game out this year maybe?

I haven't bought it yet :) Having said, if star citizen is indeed shaping up, i like to look at it like the pyramids, a few millennia later we're looking at it in wonder, not ever knowing about the corpses of the mud pit backers who came and gone, giving up on misleading promises, but leaving their money so that people from another age can appreciate what it is.

The pyramids were impressive achievements that continue to inspire wonder, Star Citizen won't be remembered for anything other than the money that was wasted (or pocketed by Roberts) on a mediocre, janky, tier 0 space game that promised more than it ever delivered.

Another freefly...didn't we just have one? :censored:

W4EMSBw.png

The funny part of trying out the Star Citizen Firefly every two years or so, is that you get entirely new game to try out every single time.

This time it was an 5 fps walking simulator with an art style reminding me of CyberPunk 2077. After straying through a bunch of non-interactive scenery which tries to represent some kind of Crusader museum, I finally managed to catch the sky bus, which called itself a train on the inside and took a ride to the space port. Why the owner of four ships including a two story luxury cruise ship has to ride the bus is beyond me. What kind of dystopia does this represent?

After figuring out at the public transport station that I have to take another elevator to get to the actual space port, I finally managed to find the ship retrieval terminal, which promptly told me that my ship is in hanger 19. The port however only featured elevators to ten hangars. As the adventure game player I am, I first had to solve the riddle by scrolling through the touch screen inside of any elevator through all hangers to reach the right one.

After searching through the two-story luxury ship for the cockpit (first thing I've ended up in was the bathroom), I entered the forward left seat only to find out that it is not the pilot seat. After getting out and looking behind me I finally found the seat with the to joysticks and took off with R and the space bar. However a second after that the hangar announced that I took to long to leave the platform and I have to return my ship to storage.

Nevertheless I didn't manage to open the hangar doors anyway, because I didn't remember how that worked from two years ago.

Main question: Why?

Why is everything so absolutely huge and completely non-interactive?
Why do I need a museum inside a space game?
Why do I need to take the bus inside a space game?
Why do I need a two story ship full of empty rooms with nothing to do inside?
Why does this empty shell take over 75 GB to download?
Why does it run slower than CyberPunk 2077 on my base PS4?

Well... looks like Star Citizen has decided to start the download all over again, so no game tonight either. That's two nights down, five to go... :(

Why the owner of four ships including a two story luxury cruise ship has to ride the bus is beyond me. What kind of dystopia does this represent?
Because it's Tier 0. Later you will have a glorious opportunity to purchase the personal driving license, driving permit for the planet, vehicle entry permit for the spaceport, and the actual car itself! But you have to wait until CI-G finishes server meshing.

Why is everything so absolutely huge and completely non-interactive?
Why do I need a museum inside a space game?
Why do I need to take the bus inside a space game?
Why do I need a two story ship full of empty rooms with nothing to do inside?
Why does this empty shell take over 75 GB to download?
Why does it run slower than CyberPunk 2077 on my base PS4?
It's early days!

Somehow this content means nothing anymore now that elite is in the same boat game wise. I don't get the pass to complain about one bad game when "my game" is just as uncertain. Feels good to drop it actually. Doesn't help that the half the reason why star citizen is not appealing is the community and the elite community is matching that post for post these days.

ps. The other game is doing great.. while it isn't really a space game, its space legs for sure. Skips along in fresh air don't have to pretend anything.

Somehow this content means nothing anymore now that elite is in the same boat game wise. I don't get the pass to complain about one bad game when "my game" is just as uncertain. Feels good to drop it actually. Doesn't help that the half the reason why star citizen is not appealing is the community and the elite community is matching that post for post these days.
I agree, dear sir, it is truly a pity that ED community devolved to that state years before the release. Imagine if that happened somewhere about 7 years after ED was released! It would give us whole 7 years to enjoy the gaand community. Pity that Braben, as some say, "ran away with the money and built a pointless publisher" instead of making ED.

ps. The other game is doing great.. while it isn't really a space game, its space legs for sure. Skips along in fresh air don't have to pretend anything.
Ah, yes, there is no 'game' in 'BDSSE'. How could I miss that.

Top Bottom