Updated Permit List

I think this has only been done for Tiliala (and in that case the faction was driven to extinction, which can't happen now). It hasn't been done for other locked-in systems like Mingfu.

Setting a conquering faction to be a second permit-issuing faction was also done at Tiliala, but again this doesn't seem to be a general rule. I've never heard of Hutton Truckers issuing the Van Maanen's Star permit, for instance (but they don't have to, as the Sublime Order still exists outside the system).

So these would be handcrafted by Frontier, if they decide that the permit should remain available.
The only other example I can think of of a Weird One is Hip 54530, where Silver Legal Group won the CG to become the permit issuing faction. They're not native to the system, they expanded in at some point before permit locks blocked expansions, and in the BGS mess that immediately followed the CG (fdev forgetting to put SLG in charge or turn the mission boards back on, leading to Jupiter Division going into runaway expansion as the only faction that had any means of gaining inf from bounties or a commodity market with a large pad, until the second community goal got rid of jupiter division properly) they ended up retreating from the system, so now Silver Legal Group are the permit issuers for a system where they have no presence and can never expand to again.

The only other example I can think of of a Weird One is Hip 54530, where Silver Legal Group won the CG to become the permit issuing faction. They're not native to the system, they expanded in at some point before permit locks blocked expansions, and in the BGS mess that immediately followed the CG (fdev forgetting to put SLG in charge or turn the mission boards back on, leading to Jupiter Division going into runaway expansion as the only faction that had any means of gaining inf from bounties or a commodity market with a large pad, until the second community goal got rid of jupiter division properly) they ended up retreating from the system, so now Silver Legal Group are the permit issuers for a system where they have no presence and can never expand to again.
Is it even possible to get the HIP 54530 permit right now?
I got offered the permit by Silver Legal Group after becoming allied, but it disappears at the end of the game session. Also, trying to use the permit crashed to a "Black Adder" error screen (and then I lost the permit again).

I got offered the permit by Silver Legal Group after becoming allied, but it disappears at the end of the game session. Also, trying to use the permit crashed to a "Black Adder" error screen (and then I lost the permit again).
Oof. That I can't answer. I got mine during the CG.

But if you don't have it, I guess that answers the question I did have, which was whether they remembered to take the temporary permit away from people that didn't participate in the CG at the end of the week.

My Colonia-based alt still has the HIP 54530 permit, despite not participating in the CG. Looks like everyone who logged on during the CG period got the permit (permanently). The ones left out are those who didn't log on, or started afterwards.

My Colonia-based alt still has the HIP 54530 permit, despite not participating in the CG. Looks like everyone who logged on during the CG period got the permit (permanently). The ones left out are those who didn't log on, or started afterwards.
Wow. That CG really was a mess.

The mission boards are still broken in that system, by the way. They didn't even fix them after the second CG.

I reported it on the tracker but I don't have any hope for it actually being fixed instead of just expiring again.

I don't know if this is true but found this which states (msg 11th Jan, 2021) that the Peregrina permit issuing faction is now Close Encounter Corps (despite what the in-game text says):

I'll test this when I can, but it seems unlikely. Partly because that faction doesn't exist in Peregrina (I gather expansion into permit-locked systems doesn't happen anymore, another rule change). So if they're not in Peregrina, what right do they have to the permit?

(ETA: perhaps this is what broke Silver Legal Group, after retreating from the system)

Last edited:
Permit vendor for LTT 198 changed to Torval-Mastopolos Mining . Note that the Galnet text seems to incorrectly think LTT 198 State was the vendor (or the current list in the OP is wrong, as it lists LTT 198 Order)

TORVAL LOSES CONTROL OF MASTOPOLOS MINING​

01 OCT 3307
Senator Zemina Torval has relinquished her long-held position as Mastopolos Mining’s majority shareholder.
Official reports confirmed that the board of directors passed a resolution to remove Zemina Torval from their number. Over half of her shares were then sold, thereby drastically reducing her personal influence on the corporation.
An anonymous insider gave a statement to The Imperial Herald:
“Gabriella Mastopolos made it crystal clear to the other shareholders that it was time to topple Zemina Torval from her perch. But what surprised them was Torval’s lack of resistance to this pressure… almost as if she had been planning to step down all along.”
“I’ve heard that every credit made by selling the shares went straight into the subsidiary that her daughter is running. So maybe all her eggs are going into that basket?”
In related news Constantia Torval, operations director for Torval-Mastopolos Mining, made an announcement:
“I am proud to announce that the people of LTT 198 have elected Torval-Mastopolos Mining to replace LTT 198 State Ltd as their controlling authority. Permits to gain entry to the system can be earned via the Pride of Bitterwood megaship, which remains in the nearby EGM 559 system.”

Has LTT 198 always been locked behind a permit or is this Mastopolos Mining Galnet article recently posted is saying that LTT 198 is now open for permit grinding?

if anyone understood that... the comment sounded better in my brain XD

Has LTT 198 always been locked behind a permit or is this Mastopolos Mining Galnet article recently posted is saying that LTT 198 is now open for permit grinding?

if anyone understood that... the comment sounded better in my brain XD

LTT 198 has always been permit-locked, the awarding faction has changed.

I try to visit system Ts'ao Tach(from time to time) from February to the present, but Silver Legal Group still not offer me HIP 54530 system permit. I am allied with Silver Legal Group and Core Enterprises (Jupiter Division), too. It's my last missing system permits to obtain. All the remaining obtainable system permits I hold.
If I known this before that CG, I would participate or signed up. Sad.

I try to visit system Ts'ao Tach(from time to time) from February to the present, but Silver Legal Group still not offer me HIP 54530 system permit. I am allied with Silver Legal Group and Core Enterprises (Jupiter Division), too. It's my last missing system permits to obtain. All the remaining obtainable system permits I hold.
If I known this before that CG, I would participate or signed up. Sad.
tbh, with the mission boards still broken there's not much benefit to going there anyway. Still a shame though.

Update: Peregrina Aristocrats are now heading into a Retreat from Arietis Sector EQ-Y c17 (the only system outside Peregrina where they still exist).
It is now in the fourth day of retreat. I don't know why those guys from Close Encounters Corps are closing all the doors to get the permit... Can we try to prevent this to happen?

I've tried once all alone on july and then someone else on august. I don't think a single CMDR could do this against a PMF.
You only have to stop them being retreated - at those low %ages that should be doable. But as I said - pointless. Unless you plan to try and push them to expansion against a PMF, which would not be likely. Bo retreats and expansions are easy to oppose with small numbers, which is a problem for the permit systems as no-one is supporting them on a regular basis.

You only have to stop them being retreated - at those low %ages that should be doable. But as I said - pointless. Unless you plan to try and push them to expansion against a PMF, which would not be likely. Bo retreats and expansions are easy to oppose with small numbers, which is a problem for the permit systems as no-one is supporting them on a regular basis.
"B-b-b-bbut our PMF needs more territory! What do you mean it's causing problems for other players"

yes, I agree. Maybe, avoiding the retreat this time will buy some time for a group of CMDR try to push the INF up and take the control. I would help if someone else wants to enter in this quest.

I've been pushing the PA up in Peregrina, but I think that's about to come to the end as we just lost the Lockdown that was protecting us from combat actions, so I expect to plummet today. The chances of 1) getting an expansion and 2) it being to the one place that can give the permit are ... not high. Might be waiting for an fdev intervention on this one.

Top Bottom