What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

I haven't seen that in a while.

On subject, I haven't played much lately. I've been going back and forth between home and out of town because I just lost my grandfather to brain cancer last Sunday; I just saw him the week before.
Maybe I will get the chance today, maybe not. Not sure yet
My condolence to you and your family.

Decided it would be too much Work to renovate the old Orangutan Breeding Center and also wanted it to be in the natural Range of the Proboscis Monkey, so I can have Groups of them in the Mangrove Forest around it. I've made a big Progress already. Also already got my first Proboscis Monkey Offspring. The first Orangutan Enclosure still needs Climbing Structures and after building those, I'll probably start the Construction of the Educator Stage
Sometimes atleast for me, I just have to accept projects have ended the way they did and be happy about them. Your creation sounds awesome, most likely you already posted it here and I have liked it.

On subject, I haven't played much lately. I've been going back and forth between home and out of town because I just lost my grandfather to brain cancer last Sunday; I just saw him the week before.
Ohh.. I am sad to hear that.

I´ve been lucky enough to put in some hours, its vacation time here and despite having had some family events like birthdays and such, I managed to get some hours in yesterday.. a bit too many tbh. So at the evening, I kinda just went and put in some real time for my Moose habitat & finished it.. before I knew it, it was during the night and all I could think about was me having a toddler that most likely would wake up in 5 hours.. (I did get to sleep a couple of hours more due to a caring better half)

Anyway.. let me showcase what I have worked on, not just today (in the middle of the night) but the whole week.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF7-Fy8JuE4&t=1s

I also have a few screenshots from the habitat

20211023031801_1.jpg

20211023041744_1.jpg

20211023031847_1.jpg

I have also made some other silly buildings and stuff around.
So far I think my alligator habitat went very well and this one is in my own opinion close to it. I have uploaded it on my workshop, because people seemed to like the alligator one.

Last edited:
I also have a few screenshots from the habitat

I have also made some other silly buildings and stuff around.
So far I think my alligator habitat went very well and this one is in my own opinion close to it. I have uploaded it on my workshop, because people seemed to like the alligator one.
Looks like a very nice moose habitat! But, and correct me if I'm wrong, the fences make it look like the animals could easily jump out of their habitat. Do they really hold them in-game?

:( Sending you lots of strength!

Sometimes atleast for me, I just have to accept projects have ended the way they did and be happy about them. Your creation sounds awesome, most likely you already posted it here and I have liked it.

Ohh.. I am sad to hear that.
Didn't post it on the Forum. It wasn't really that good except for the Entrance Area which couldn't be finished due to Problems with the Water. But the new one will probably be way more awesome. Especially now that I have the South East Asia Pack which includes so many other Animals from Borneo. Still wish we would have more tropical Plants though

Looks like a very nice moose habitat! But, and correct me if I'm wrong, the fences make it look like the animals could easily jump out of their habitat. Do they really hold them in-game?
Thank you
The Moose actually does not need a high fence (it is 1.25m or something) but it needs to be grade 3. Its an optional piece that people can change themselves, so if people want it higher its easy to do :)
Realistically I should maybe up it a notch (in real life I think the Moose can jump over 2m with relatively ease)

Didn't post it on the Forum. It wasn't really that good except for the Entrance Area which couldn't be finished due to Problems with the Water. But the new one will probably be way more awesome. Especially now that I have the South East Asia Pack which includes so many other Animals from Borneo. Still wish we would have more tropical Plants though
Ahh alright. I look forward to see what you come up with and yes South East Asia pack is great

Last edited:

My condolence. I"m glad you got to see him recently, though of course that doesn't make up for the loss.

What I've been doing the last little bit this morning. Starting out on a sphinx (out of dry stone instead of sandstone like I should have) and then realized there's no way I could make a face, so it turned into something else at the end. Also some more fiddling around projects in my construction zoo (along with some workshop items i'm reverse engineering to figure out builds, though most of this is mine)- I'm going to have to start another one soon

20211023123731_1.jpg
20211023123721_1.jpg
20211023123641_1.jpg

Hopped into Golding for a while to give the African Buffalos a new home... made it accidentally really huge, so now the Zebras are living with them again and I added the Rhinos as well. Yeah! That means two habitat less in the rebuild-round (I hate rebuilding after deleting a lot and having a lot of species in the trade centre is sometimes overwhelming).

Since it's so big, it stil looks a bit "naked". I will show it when it looks a bit better.

I know a lot of people here are like me and easily get bored with their zoo. I can highly recommend project hopping. ^^

I'm so sorry, my condolences to you and your family!

With my knee fully repaired and halfway healed, I finally returned to my apartment yesterday evening and got to play the new pack :) Unfortunately, I'm no longer on sick leave, so there won't be much playtime during the week.
I took a first glance at all the animals in sandbox and found them all amazing. Because I wanted to play instead of trying out the new height map thing, I decided to jump back into my Niceland City Zoo. I deleted my last file in which I had built a ridiculously large savannah habitat after the Africa Pack release and loaded a version which was still in Franchise mode instead. I then put the Fennec Foxes (how CUTE are they) together with the Meerkats and added a pair of Moose in the Reindeer habitat.

Then I remembered that in Zoo Tycoon 1, there was a Prairie Dog Café (reference picture) and decided to do a recreation or rather, a hommage :) Of course, nobody sits in the picknick area and the guests use it as a viewing spot (those new half-barrier-thingies don't seem to work at all), but I'm still very happy with the feeling around here.

20211023201828_1.jpg

20211023201912_1.jpg

On the backside of the café there is a small shelter area for the animals.

I really hope that my computer will allow me to keep this zoo for a while, but I can't allow many more guests due to performance problems. So I hope I'll be able to keep the finances stable for at least some more habitats, and maybe a makeover of some areas.

Then I remembered that in Zoo Tycoon 1, there was a Prairie Dog Café (reference picture) and decided to do a recreation or rather, a hommage :) Of course, nobody sits in the picknick area and the guests use it as a viewing spot (those new half-barrier-thingies don't seem to work at all), but I'm still very happy with the feeling around here.
That's awesome

So, here goes:

I am building a zoo set in Santa Fe Argentina (where my family is from), in franchise mode.

Part of the zoo is designed to house some animals from the Konig Association, which recently lost a zoo due to what we call "zoo haters".

So far, we've gotten the association's bullfrogs, giraffes, prairie dogs, and peafowl.

The giraffes are housed with 2 albino warthogs we rescued from poachers.

I don't have photos, though, of this zoo. Maybe later

Last edited:
So, here goes:

I am building a zoo set in Santa Fe Argentina (where my family is from), in franchise mode.

Part of the zoo is designed to house some animals from the Konig Association, which recently lost a zoo due to what we call "zoo haters".

So far, we've gotten the association's bullfrogs, giraffes, prairie dogs, and peafowl.

The giraffes are housed with 2 albino warthogs we rescued from poachers.

I don't have photos, though, of this zoo. Maybe later
Sounds like my poor animals are doing well, especally my prariedogs were very well behaved and deserve a happy life

I started a new challenge zoo yesterday and decided to go for Dall Sheep as the first animal this time around. Currently working on their habitat and shelter, which isn't that easy when you don't have all the themes unlocked but made it your goal to make everything look good and detailed from the beginning 😅

Though, I'm pretty sure that's why I tend to get bored so fast in sandbox, I enjoy it way more when I gotta work towards something and don't have everything at my disposal from the get go. Weird thing though: I didn't do anything but build, don't have any animals or guests yet and still made 140cc in the meantime...that doesn't make sense at all 🧐

Anyway here's my progress so far :D
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:
A migraine killed all my creativity today, but I was at least able to decorate the shelter of the mixed habitat in Golding. Since the section has a palace theme, it is a bit more decoration than your usual shelter. ;)

I decided to re-work one of the central areas of my zoo, where I previously had King Penguins and Grey Seals. Now I want to house Sea Lions and African Penguins instead, I started with the Sea Lion habitat. Which means I spent the evening placing rocks and plaster pieces :D

20211024220806_1.jpg

After 10 hours in the ER overnight (not for me, but my partner, but still not much sleep), and getting back home at 2, and resting from that, decided to get on a little bit tonight. I'd anticipated more playing time today but life does what life does sometimes. It's not much but I made a fence piece. I know, sometimes something small just to take minds off of things and I'm really not a builder at all, so this is probably something most could put together with eyes closed. At any rate I do actually like how it turned out, so I actually added to the workshop, as a corner piece, since those can be tricky for us not so great builders. I really love the fencework so many do, it definitely provides some variety to the barriers. If only we could have our fences coded as the actual barriers, too.

Also an old style cage in the background, something else for my sandbox roadside zoo.

Hopefully next week will bring more playing time for me.

20211024212904_1.jpg

Oh no, I hope your partner is okay again @jcp011c !

I love your fence! Would have never thought of that idea. And I highly encourage fellow players to also share the little things here. We all have those days where we can not do much and I sometimes feel discouraged when everyone is only sharing their biiiig, ready projects. I think we should all share small progress and small project stuff, to remind us from time to time that this also counts and that on crazy days like you had PZ can be SO relaxing and heloing you get your mind off bad things. It's not always the big, challenging, time consuming monster we all love. ;)

Top Bottom