Elite Dangerous: Horizons PC & Console Update Notes

Well, my fellow console CMDRs, this update is a bit thin for us and Horizons but it's to be expected. Frontier's primary focus right now is getting their expansion to work and Horizons is on the back burner right now. I believe there will be very minimal QoL updates to Horizons going forward unless it also can improve Odyssey. So, what can we do? I guess we could continue shouting our dissatisfaction with being left out, but that doesn't get us anywhere other than snarky remarks from PC CMDRS and the same "we don't have anything" repetition from Frontier. Or, we can enjoy Horizons (unless they break it) for as long as we're able or park our ships, decomm our FC, and sit back and wait for Frontier to have the content for us. There's really nothing more we can do and we're certainly not going to strongarm Frontier into including us (except maybe financially by not playing their game), so all we can do is wait.

Have been in game a little bit so far and have to admit ain't seen any of the issues mentioned in update notes above 😅 especially the mouse pointer lol and as far as I'm aware not gone live yet. Came to the conclusion that it's not my squadron or communities fault that were on this current path.

Still Positve !!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaand still silence about the future of ED on consoles. Somehow I just give up. I wrote my heart out and though, this time we might really get something... But not even a single toy for us...
Nah... 60 minutes to server shut down... Happy to see some new EDO-derived bugs afterwards.
Where are my cookies ?!... Nope, no more Arx buys for me. Can't support these politics.
How sang the Herman's Hermits? "No Arx today, my love has gone away..." ...sounds kinda catchy...

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaaaand still silence about the future of ED on consoles. Somehow I just give up. I wrote my heart out and though, this time we might really get something... But not even a single toy for us...
Nah... 60 minutes to server shut down... Happy to see some new EDO-derived bugs afterwards.
Where are my cookies ?!...
I've got some double chocolate and caramel would be helping me to still fit in to my clothes will throw em your way lol

More cookies = more good.
But I'd like to see some more cookies from Frontier for the left in the dark console community. Not only left-over crumbs from EDO's table (another song.... Crumbs from you table by U2...)
Docked my Python to my carrier, closed the hatch and sent the whole thing to sleep - Again... Does the console community have a sign on the back "Hit me baby one more time?"

More cookies = more good.
But I'd like to see some more cookies from Frontier for the left in the dark console community. Not only left-over crumbs from EDO's table (another song.... Crumbs from you table by U2...)
Docked my Python to my carrier, closed the hatch and sent the whole thing to sleep - Again... Does the console community have a sign on the back "Hit me baby one more time?"
I've pretty much done the same, except that I did decommission my FC. I will hop on and mess around every now and then, but it doesn't make sense to keep paying that upkeep when I'm only on a couple of times every few weeks. Would rather save my credits for if/when we get an update.

Maybe that's all in preparation for the release of Oddysee on consoles. (Cookies XD)
Would be a nice surprize. Gimme cookies...
I've pretty much done the same, except that I did decommission my FC. I will hop on and mess around every now and then, but it doesn't make sense to keep paying that upkeep when I'm only on a couple of times every few weeks. Would rather save my credits for if/when we get an update.
Haah no... ain't gonna decommision that thing. It has credits to burn through for many many years to come. And I'm not sure to get a parking spot, if I want one again in some distant point in the future, as those carriers seem to become more and more - and we get no filter for the system map to filter out carrier that don"t belong to me or friends of mine. That filter is also a desperately needed QoL-feature!

ALL YOUR COOKIE ARE BELONG TO US. To quote that silly internet meme...

Where are my cookies ?!... Nope, no more Arx buys for me. Can't support these politics.
How sang the Herman's Hermits? "No Arx today, my love has gone away..." ...sounds kinda catchy...
I believe the Development Update is due on Thursday, not today. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

So @sallymorganmoore it would seem that the current game breaking PP bugs are going to be swept under the carpet once again? The so-called "fix" made in update 7 was nothing more than a few manual calculations/adjustments, some figures were in fact wrong, and the underlying code is still broken, as can be seen by the recent Mahon turmoil (the result of yet another PP bug that has been exploited).

And the resubmitted bug report https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/43241 (in case you forgot, the original report, filed in OCTOBER 2020, was marked as "fixed" by Fdev when it clearly wasn't) - maybe it'll get looked at in October 2022?

Extremely disappointed with FDev, although tbh not actually surprised.

Last edited:
412 MB on PS4. Download finished.

Seems like some paintjobs for arrrrrrrrrrrx and money are inside... But no cookies for us. Nothing new to play with. No new toy or sand shape thingys for our grown old EDH sandbox. They didn't even adress to clean out the bugs like the nasty fps drops in our console sandbox...

Another round of being player of second class. Somehow I get used to it...

Last edited:
412 MB on PS4. Download finished.

Seems like some paintjobs for arrrrrrrrrrrx and money are inside... But no cookies for us. Nothing new to play with. No new toy or sand shape thingys for our grown old EDH sandbox. They didn't even adress to clean out the bugs like the nasty fps drops in our console sandbox...

Another round of being player of second class. Somehow I get used to it...
The bright side to such a small update is it's a little more likely they didn't break anything on us...fingers crossed!

Top Bottom