Development Update 5 - October

Deleted member 182079

D
This looks like a first step towards full-fledged ship interiors. Am I right?
5sa58z.jpg

Awesome, like the direction that FC interiors are going and I think it'll make exploring with a carrier and friends a lot more fun.

Will we be able to manage the carrier from inside? I would LOVE a captains chair that I could sit at and do FC management (basically the whole carrier management UI). I'm OK with not having to run around to a ton of stations for each thing etc.

wow FC stuff has me hype... I already have every module except black market so im excited to see what are being added. Staar's Bastion will be the moveable space hub I originally imagined it to be!!!

I'm pretty stoked too, I would love to see more in the future that allows the bubble to expand. Like after having stations in a system long enough, maybe you start to see orbitals and ground stations pop up. Allow FC's to spread out and start establishing a foothold that eventually becomes an independent system and then powerplay might allow for that system to be taken over for one of the major factions!

In the mean time, the PC guys have first footfalled eveything, discovered every new exploration item, scanned everything, seen everything, bought the t-shirt, read the book, seen the film..................
I don't really get this. Unless you're playing the forums religiously and have seen all "exploration items", it will still be new to you when you eventually find stuff. "Footfalling everything"? I presume you know how many planets there are in game? 🤔👍

I just checked, I created a thread about universal limpet controllers in 2019, but it probably wasn't the first one:

Should give you a rough idea how long bacon themed ship skins will take...

The two most powerful warriors are patience and time ✌️👍

I don't really get this. Unless you're playing the forums religiously and have seen all "exploration items", it will still be new to you when you eventually find stuff. "Footfalling everything"? I presume you know how many planets there are in game? 🤔👍
My guess is that someone has first footfall on maybe 10% of the planets in the bubble, maybe even less. Outside the bubble, its so small that I'm not sure if I've landed on almost anything that wasn't first footfall. Granted that there will be less but it will be easier to get first footfall than to discover new systems or anything else, you'll stop caring pretty quick.

lol, the information is there, you just don't like it. 🤷‍♂️
They currently aren't even working on a console Odyssey version. They will let you know when they start and can make a guess when / if it will be finished. There really isn't anything else to say at this point.
Oh mate, you and some other guys didn’t get the point. For your records and every future, you didn’t like it post.

what I didn’t like is to discuss hard facts, which is truly complete ignored by some of yours.

repeat is last time again.

WE HAVE ISSUES DUE TO EDO

WE CANNOT CLEAR THE BGS LIKE BACK IN THE OLD DAYS

ON PS4 THE PERFORMANCE IS SINCE FLEETCARRIERS ARRIVED NOT IN A GOOD MOOD

CONSTANTLY CRASHES ON PS5

so on

THERE WAS NO STATEMENT TAKEN TO BRING FEATURES INSTEAD OF FIXING EDO

NO REAL INFORMATION CONSTANTLY REPEAT THE SAME PRASES ( OH DEAR THE HELL WOULD RAIN INTO THIS FORUM WHEN PC WOULD GOING THIS WAY)

MINOR BUGFIXING SHOULDNT BE CELEBRATED LIKE A HUGE STEP FOR HRZN

So, last one try, I’ve been working as a project manager, and in any company there are timelines. Constantly repeating we have no information is no communication in any way. Ignoring cmdrs, shut them down when they a only honest seems to be normal for some peoples, but this isn’t the point of a forum. Like I said before, will not reply any further dumb way to provoke me.

so come with your cry yada and drama yada but I bet, would the pc side stand on our side. Holy moly. So then, read it understand it, when you and the other shiny white knights can’t accept our dissapointment, leave it.

o7.

Oh mate, you and some other guys didn’t get the point. For your records and every future, you didn’t like it post.

what I didn’t like is to discuss hard facts, which is truly complete ignored by some of yours.

repeat is last time again.

WE HAVE ISSUES DUE TO EDO

WE CANNOT CLEAR THE BGS LIKE BACK IN THE OLD DAYS

ON PS4 THE PERFORMANCE IS SINCE FLEETCARRIERS ARRIVED NOT IN A GOOD MOOD

CONSTANTLY CRASHES ON PS5

so on

THERE WAS NO STATEMENT TAKEN TO BRING FEATURES INSTEAD OF FIXING EDO

NO REAL INFORMATION CONSTANTLY REPEAT THE SAME PRASES ( OH DEAR THE HELL WOULD RAIN INTO THIS FORUM WHEN PC WOULD GOING THIS WAY)

MINOR BUGFIXING SHOULDNT BE CELEBRATED LIKE A HUGE STEP FOR HRZN

So, last one try, I’ve been working as a project manager, and in any company there are timelines. Constantly repeating we have no information is no communication in any way. Ignoring cmdrs, shut them down when they a only honest seems to be normal for some peoples, but this isn’t the point of a forum. Like I said before, will not reply any further dumb way to provoke me.

so come with your cry yada and drama yada but I bet, would the pc side stand on our side. Holy moly. So then, read it understand it, when you and the other shiny white knights can’t accept our dissapointment, leave it.

o7.
Sorry, stopped reading at the all caps part. 🤷‍♂️

You make a good point WRT other games. EDO can be compared to EDH though.
on point.
i really don´t understand how people can claim the 1:1 galaxy is the reason for the performance problems when that wasn´t the case with horizons.
99% of that is neither visible nor computed in any meaningful way.

my best guess is that the additional assets put to much strain on the rendering pipeline and that results in stalling processes.
the fact that i can have good performance on an empty planet, but not in an odyssey settlement, pretty much proves mine and disproves their assumption.
the amount of "space" i see is the same in both occasions.

if the sheer scale of the universe would be the cause, the performance would be equally bad everywhere, not just when odyssey assets are present.

Top Bottom