Elite Dangerous : Festive Community Meet up | December 10th 2021

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders.

commeetupsocial.png

I am, today, thrilled to announce that the Elite Dangerous Community Team will be hosting a Community Meetup, this December, here in Cambridge.

Join us for this festive gathering, featuring some of your favourite Elite Dangerous Developers, good food, drinks and an Arthur Tolmie special Pub Quiz in the heart of Cambridge, on December 10th 2021 in collaboration with the incredible Special Effect charity.
Due to the nature of the world today, this will be a limited capacity event with a maximum total of 100 tickets going on sale this Thursday, November 25th (tomorrow) at 17:00 UTC at the following link https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/elit...et-up-for-special-effect-tickets-216289807637 so if you're interested, do make a note to avoid any disappointment of missing out.

Event FAQs

Who will be at the event?

Join Arthur, Bruce, Zac and Sally, along with more very special guests from the development team at this intimate event in Cambridge!

Where is the event being held?
Location details can now be found at the following link https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/elit...et-up-for-special-effect-tickets-216289807637.
The closest car park is The Grand Arcade, which is a mere 5 minute walk away from the venue itself.

What time does the event start?

All ticket holders will be welcomed into the venue from 18:30 UTC on Friday, December the 10th 2021.
The venue is private to this event until 22:00 UTC. From then on the doors will open to the public.

How much do the tickets cost?
Tickets will be approximately £30 + admin fees and will be on sale via Event Brite from 17:00 UTC tomorrow, Thursday the 25th of November at the following link https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/elit...et-up-for-special-effect-tickets-216289807637.

Tickets include:

• Entry to the event
  • A festive food selection with access to the bar.
  • An entry into our prize raffle, drawn on the night.
  • A code to redeem some shiny paint jobs for a selection of ships.
  • All proceeds from ticket sales will be donated to our friends at 'Special Effect'.

What can I expect on the night?
In summary, you can expect a very warm welcome from your favourite Elite Dangerous developers, along with festive food, drinks, music, a prize raffle, Arthur's 'Pub Quiz' and Galactical conversation.
We'll also be really excited to show even more support where possible for the incredible work our friends at Special Effect do, allowing more ways on the night to donate to their truly amazing cause.

Please note: This is a casual celebration of Commanders. There will be no exclusive game or development news released at this event..

Is there a hotel nearby if I'm travelling long distance?
Absolutely. The venue itself is in the very heart of Cambridge centre and within a short walking distance/short taxi ride of the following hotels:

We really hope you'll join us for a little end of year party after what's been quite the wild ride, for sure!

Don't forget: 100 tickets will be available to this intimate Festive Meetup event. Tickets will be released on Thursday November 25th at approximately 17:00 UTC.
The link to purchase tickets will be made available in a separate post.

See you in the bar!
BLACK!
See you in the black, Commanders...

COVID 19 Concerns:
Our priority is to ensure that this event is as safe and enjoyable as possible in light of the current COVID 19 crisis. To do so, we would like to highlight the following guidelines in place:
  • We strongly advise all attendees undertake a lateral flow test for Covid-19 within 48 hours prior to the event and request that they do not attend in the event of a positive result.
  • The venue supports guests wearing face coverings.
    • Face coverings are not mandatory however should you feel safer to wear your own, please do.
  • The venue teams undertake daily health screenings and are encouraged to wear face coverings for your peace of mind.
  • Hand sanitiser stations will be available for your use and hand washing is encouraged.
  • The venue includes increased cleaning in guest areas.
  • The venue is cashless and prefers contactless payment where possible.
  • The venue team ensures their own washing and/or sanitising of their hands frequently.
  • The venue will constantly be reviewing its safety practices in accordance with Government Guidelines.
COVID 19 Safety - Best Practices:
  1. Support with NHS Test & Trace requirements.
  2. Respect the current physical distancing and personal hygiene guidelines.
  3. Please respect all guests and staff: if you have any questions please ask.
Please remember: On the day or early days prior to the event, if you are feeling unwell and displaying symptoms of COVID 19 please do not enter.
We want to keep our teams and all guests safe!

You can find the NHS symptom checker and more on what to look our for over at https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 and https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/

Last edited:
I'm at a stooopid works chrimbo party so if you can change the date that would be great

looks/reads great though, ima little gutted tbh

sallymorganmoore

Sounds awesome and would love to be there but I think 100 people in an indoor venue is still too hazardous a CZ (Covid Zone) for my personal comfort levels. Have a fantastic night everyone and remember, pics or it didn't happen! 😆

Totally understandable of course.
We're absolutely making it as safe as possible with having the room at half capacity and all the precautions in place BUT, it's very very very important that anyone with general worries about risk or of course those marked at high risk should absolutely be the ones we share the room with 'in spirit'.

Always safety first. Entirely understood 💫

Could send a Holo-Me in our place! Thoughts on doing an in-game version sometime with comms in the Frontier Discord? We could pick a space station and meet up now that we have awesome space legs (that's not sarcasm I genuinely love my new legs) Could still be moderated or invite only and best of all Covid free.

I'd actually join but I'd need the combined wealth of a small nation just to take the train from Sheffield to Cambridge, nevermind getting back again...

maybe I can post an invoice to Frontier offices?

sallymorganmoore

I'm hoping to join this event if I am able to secure a ticket and see some old friends. Thank you for putting so much emphasis on the COVID-19 measures. I know that any commanders considering participating will do their utmost to protect others. PwP. o7

I'm gunna do the 'ankle high fives' at everyone for EXTRA caution o7
(Would love to see you again, MSB!).

Top Bottom