Planet Zoo: Europe Pack and Update 1.8 Out Now!

Can we at least appreciate a new update and DLC for a minute before going on another lengthy string of comments on the tapir? I know it means a lot for people, and you've all been quite vocal about it in many many topics. There's nothing wrong with that, but they know. There's no need to bring it up again with every update, it's not like they're unaware.

Constantly asking about it isn't going to make things all of a sudden a higher priority, if anything this constant overreaction to these minor changes that are needed are the thing that is becoming irritating in my eyes. Much more than not having a perfect Malayan Tapir.
The update threads are really the only place such feedback will get properly noticed, as these are the threads the CM's are most active on. Sorry that it bothers you, but unfortunately that is the nature of the beast - it's an open discussion, and the Malayan tapir is relevant to any discussion on updates. I get equally annoyed by the constant talk of marine animals and discussions on aquariums but it is what it is. Nobody is breaking any rules, ergo nobody has the right to tell anyone what to post or not post regardless of whether it's "irritating".

2) I love the new shop counters but I'm a little bit disappointed they are not available for every shop, especially the ice-cream shop. Foodtruck for ice-cream is pretty common right? So I really hope you will consider adding this option for all the shops in future updates.
We're getting them at a later date, they confirmed it last week in one of the streams! 🎉
Nobody is breaking any rules, ergo nobody has the right to tell anyone what to post or not post regardless of whether it's "irritating".
I am not reporting anyone here or something like that, so I'm not policing what people can or cannot say. I have equal right to voice my annoyance with these kind of posts which is what I meant with what I said. Obviously people can still do what they want :p

Anywho, I'm not going to continue arguing about this really. I hope you guys get your tapir remake. And I also hope you'll enjoy the work they put in this update and DLC.

This pack honestly looks amazing. The animals are so beautiful.
I also love the new shop options - I hope we get counters for the hats and balloons, seeing as making a custom gift shop is an obvious usage for these!

However, has anyone else noticed the game is a little "flickery" since the update? I am seeing flickering in water reflections and on some textures that was not present before.

Why can't guests enter the fallow deer habitat? There are plenty of examples of fallow deer walkthrough habitats and that's one of the reasons I was really happy it was picked over the red deer. In Pairi Daiza, you can enter the fallow deer habitat and even sleep in some lodges located in their habitat ! I hope you can reconsider this and change it.
This is really a huge Problem. Finally a second real Petting Zoo Animal and the Guests can't enter. I've already planned to implement a Area where Guests can pet the Deer in my next Zoo and a walk through Deer Enclosure is also already built in my Japanese Zoo since a While, so that's disappointing. I really hope they will fix it in the next Update. Also those Lodges in the Deer Enclosure sound really nice 👍

Can we at least appreciate a new update and DLC for a minute before going on another lengthy string of comments on the tapir? I know it means a lot for people, and you've all been quite vocal about it in many many topics. There's nothing wrong with that, but they know. There's no need to bring it up again with every update, it's not like they're unaware.

Constantly asking about it isn't going to make things all of a sudden a higher priority, if anything this constant overreaction to these minor changes that are needed are the thing that is becoming irritating in my eyes. Much more than not having a perfect Malayan Tapir.
I see nothing wrong with keeping this on the agenda and making sure Frontier appreciate how much it matters to us.

And I have been very positive about this latest release as you can see:

Seems like a very impressive DLC and update. Thanks for all the hard work.

Will treat myself to a pain suisse by the Christmas tree to get in the alpine mood before I get stuck in.

New Scenario map is amazingly good. I love it from the first sight. It reminds me of the Salzburg zoo.
Habitats with the view for the mountains.
I also love that habitats in the scenario are so specious.
1639510295670.jpeg

I'm almost a bit overwhelmed by the amount of new pieces, in a good way! This is going to make building a lot more fun.
I took a quick look at all the new animals and they are truly gorgeous. Very well done - so as expected, although they weren't priority species for me, I'm going to like and appreciate them a lot. The badger ist the cutest ever and the burrows with the live-cams are so, so cool! Right now, I'm making a habitat for the Deer. It would indeed be amazing if they were changed to walk-through animals! And if the Dall Sheep were able to use the goat rock item, that would make joint habitats more interesting as well.

While the mechanics researched the new scenery, I built my first restaurant and I must say, this is such a cool addition! Adds a lot more realism and makes the zoo a lot more interesting. My guests loved it right from the start. And the food truck is just... AW. Exactly what was needed! So I'm as happy about the free update as I am about the DLC content.

I totally agree with what Rudi Rennkamel said in his video: This doesn't look like the end-stage of the game at all. I was always a bit annoyed by the constant negativity being expressed about the game's lifespan (without any real indication), so this makes me really happy indeed. There are probably more animals coming which can use the burrow, for example. And I really wonder if those decorative eggs aren't a hint on another much expected addition coming our way...

Really like the Star Trek teleportation restaurants - :) they are cool - great addition - and the building pieces are particularly great and needed - the decals are awesome too - just need a real cable gondola the fly over the mountains - still missing updates and options for transport, G

Probably a dumb question, but when it's stated that the badger has two colormorphs, that's counting the standard coat as one of them, right? I've so far seen albino and melanistic deer and the erythristic badger, and I want to make sure that's all of them.

Really like the Star Trek teleportation restaurants - :)
Wasn't able to use the Restaurants yet but when my Computer finally works properly again, I'll name the Restaurant in my Zoo Spocks Cafe😂
What exactly do you mean by Star Trek Teleportation Restaurant? Do the Guests get teleported to their Tables?

Probably a dumb question, but when it's stated that the badger has two colormorphs, that's counting the standard coat as one of them, right? I've so far seen albino and melanistic deer and the erythristic badger, and I want to make sure that's all of them.
A erythristic Badger sounds like a really cool Addition to the Game. I assume 2 Color Morphs means Standard Skin +2 different Mutations.
I wonder what the third one for the Fallow Deer could be. Maybe Piebald 🤔

I’m not giving up hope. They might tie it in with a future tropical or rainforest animal pack for example.

Nonetheless it is irritating that it isn’t given a higher priority and I cannot believe it would involve that much work.

It’s clear to me that we must politely remind Frontier via @Tim Smith @Jens Erik and @Eltanin Casciani at every opportunity that as loyal supporters of Planet Zoo - and indeed paying customers - we deserve a Malayan tapir that matches the standard of all the other amazing animals.

(As for the mod, that isn’t an acceptable substitute for me I’m afraid. I don’t use mods and having paid for a Malayan tapir - and everything else Planet Zoo has produced - I expect to get one).
You know, I've noticed the animal remodels (besides the been-too-wrong binturong) were done in a small patch. Maybe we'll get it in 1.8.1? Just a thought. I'm surprised they haven't said anything about it, though...
2) I love the new shop counters but I'm a little bit disappointed they are not available for every shop, especially the ice-cream shop. Foodtruck for ice-cream is pretty common right? So I really hope you will consider adding this option for all the shops in future updates
It was said that they plan to add more in the future. Now, do these standalone counters have the logo on it, like how kiosks have their logo on the counter? If not, I can finally being Whataburger amd Dairy Queen into my zoos...
Wasn't able to use the Restaurants yet but when my Computer finally works properly again, I'll name the Restaurant in my Zoo Spocks Cafe
I'd go with La Forge Buffet, to make it sound French and fancy (and serve some tacos)

The third deer colour morph is 'menil' which is a paler (but not white) coat, I managed to pick one of them up from the market in sandbox :) Not sure about the badgers though.

Top Bottom