Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

wow, super pen and feedback cascade make my rails cool alot! even with 4x spamming together didn't get me cooked!
1641486592649.png

May be i can put a c3 lr/tv beam under belly. C4 beam would be too cap thristy??

Discovered an Earth Like World today! It's my second one, in all these years.

The system was pretty cool, with 4 terraformables and a couple landable w/atmosphere types.

Here's the lovely little earth-like:
2022-01-06_09-56-53_x.jpg

I also found the caterpillar graveyard, very sad :p
2022-01-06_09-45-54_x.jpg

The sandy color was giving me dune buggy vibes
2022-01-06_09-36-53_x.jpg

There was a truly massive crater, very impressive. This is just the edge.
x (20220106-090231).jpg

improving the inf on inara nexus , in lhou mans.

hey where you going , wanna lift :) anyhow aren't you supposed to protected the base

Attachments

• Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.01.06 - 18.31.06.09.png
    Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.01.06 - 18.31.06.09.png
    321 KB · Views: 25
  • Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.01.06 - 18.30.13.11.png
    Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.01.06 - 18.30.13.11.png
    456.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.01.06 - 18.30.32.37.png
    Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.01.06 - 18.30.32.37.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.01.06 - 18.26.16.44.png
    Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.01.06 - 18.26.16.44.png
    314.5 KB · Views: 35
I always use a DC. I can dock easily enough, but I like to flit around a bit, looking at the gal and sysmap etc. while my ship takes care of business.
Thing is, I can get out of a station faster than the AI. I'm around them and gone while they're lining up on the slot.

But for actual docking, especially planetary... the pad is always at a weird angle, and as a human I can't tell when I'm 200m above it, so I have to come in like a runway. The DC just drops me down vertically. That was quite a time saver... but I also begrudge giving it a slot! 😾 Wish the whole kaboodle was just an upgrade to the ship's computer, one off payment, not a module.

I always use a DC. I can dock easily enough, but I like to flit around a bit, looking at the gal and sysmap etc. while my ship takes care of business.

Hmm. I always find scavs like to throw granades at me when I'm on the rooftops. Must be my suave elan and alluring visage... :D
Note: once the DC is engaged you can already plot your next destination. Very good when humping back and forth to your carrier (in another system).

Farming materials to engineer my new ship: Imperial Courier: Baby Blue.

It will complement Deep Blue my Federal Corvette and take the role of Bounty Hunter in Resource Extraction Site [High], since I often park my Carrier next to one it's perfect.

I already tested it as it is and it is a very fun ship to play, but not really suited for the hazardous Sites or Assassination missions where it won't be strong enough, for those, the Corvette is unbeatable.

Been to those two planets for Raw materials, topped up one of my inventories and half the other...
HIP 36601 - C 1 a - Polonium
HIP 36601 - C 1 d - Ruthenium

Thing is, I can get out of a station faster than the AI. I'm around them and gone while they're lining up on the slot.

But for actual docking, especially planetary... the pad is always at a weird angle, and as a human I can't tell when I'm 200m above it, so I have to come in like a runway. The DC just drops me down vertically. That was quite a time saver... but I also begrudge giving it a slot! 😾 Wish the whole kaboodle was just an upgrade to the ship's computer, one off payment, not a module.
I always explain that too myself as being fallout from the AI troubles they had before my time, it was decided that Docking Computers would be Babbage engines as a bunch of cams and gears was unlikely to be able to reprogrammed itself for world domination.

Of course this doesn’t fully explain why DCs a few years ago were homicidal maniacs bent on boosting you into anything solid enough to destroy you.

Top Bottom