Update 10 - Odyssey and Horizons

Orange is a really awkward colour have a disk of it against one background it is orange against another it is tan.

FDev stopped selling Gold paint jobs years ago when they changed them all to Golden but at least they had the decency to just add the Golden paint job to the livery rather than just replace the much nicer Gold ones.
I wonder why?
It's not like it costs them anything of having them in thee store. Let people spend their Arx.

FPS is better..with tricks. I just did settlement full robbery with steady 85+ FPS while it was 30-40 before.
However, FPS may randomly drop to red values anywhere changing scene. Opening closing galaxy, system maps 1-2 times fixes it. Once had to do 4 times until FPS returned.

also alt-tab to browser kills things hard.

After 8 years of trying to keep up with what's new, what's broke, what's working as intended, what's a bug, what needs to be fixed, what will be fixed, what fix broke something else that used to be fixed before and will it ever get fixed again...

Yeah - a certain amount of fatigue and indifference sets in

I just fly around and do things now and just ignore the annoyances

Not much else can be done at this point

There's isn't any evidence that what I or anyone else may input will change the way FD does things

Ignore, play, enjoy - knowing that ED could be so much more...

What else can ya do?
Stage 5.

• You can now support a faction by buying commodities from it, based upon satisfying available supply at its Commodity Market
  • When buying and selling, it's generally more positive to a faction to satisfy a higher supply and demand (green 3-bar icon) than a lower (red 1-bar icon), and it's generally more positive to trade more expensive commodities than cheaper ones
How do @sallymorganmoore + @Bruce G morning to ya, just want to query something is it correct that the above quote and alterations to faction states are only applicable to Odyssey. If so will there be any balancing to compensate for the additional "levers" that could be used on Odyssey to affect a squadrons influence (negatively) if their on console. To clarify will Odyssey have access to more opportunities for affecting influence that cmdr's and squadrons on console simply won't have. Not going to put you in an awquard position + bother asking the usual console question of any news as the silence speaks volumes as to which I'm sure you can't comment on (Tbh have a pretty good guess of what's going to happen), but I would appreciate a reply on the bgs side of things as this is a large part of what I do in the Elite galaxy

Cheers and hope your day is full of caffeine 🤪
Sorry if already mentioned else where....

You know, I'm something of a scientist myself...

With a background in software engineering, from the outside looking in, it does seem there is a challenge in the effort involved whilst maintaining both production versions, ie Horizons and Odyssey. When I looked at buying the game a few months back, I was a bit confused about which version to go with so I went with the latest.

As others have suggested, perhaps having a sandbox 'canary' version with a small set of star systems to test in for willing beta testers (incentivized by either in-game rewards or ARX). Then maintain only one production version going forward. Appreciate that there is a bit of a difficulty now as Horizons is the production one on Consoles. Perhaps make it clear that Horizons is the 'stable' version and Odyssey the beta.

My focus was on gathering materials with my little cargo scoop at the time of the update, something I simply cannot do now, so essentially I have to shelve this very immersive and enjoyable game until the issue is resolved. I can almost sense the steam rising off of the FDev keyboards in trying to resolve this issue, which was somehow missed during testing, as we speak.

Overall, I can only imagine the spaghetti code that any long standing software application can get itself into, so good look FDevs, I am rooting for you.

o7
It's fettuccini code...

All of that's well and good. Keep up the good work. I've got a couple of questions about Horizons. First off, I've noticed that since Odyssey launched when I'm in Horizons, the local map, second tab, where the station services list is shown, all of the station services are blank, on all stations. You can't tell if a stations got restock or repair, or if it's an interstellar factor, you can't see anything listed under station services. Can you fix that please? I also noticed that since Odyssey the detail and brightness of the planets in Horizons has gone down. Can you bring that back up please? Before the update you had the planets looking really good, and I hated to see that go.

I wonder when they are are going to fix the cargo issue with the SRV, they cant just ignore such a gamebreaking bug. Again I'm very appreciated that they are fixing some issues with the update. Guess i have to use the workaround for the time being.

o7

I expect today's down time will include emergency fixes for stuff they have been able to get sorted, but who know which ones they will be. Oh and problems scooping using the SRV certainly isn't a game breaking bug, that's a huge over-exaggeration of the problem and doesn't help at all, just don't scoop with the SRV for a few days, do you know how many other activities that leaves available?

Like some people already noticed they left the combat in a broken state for a month so I doubt they will issue any "quick" fixes for something trivial like material gathering in an SRV. Also it works fine in Horizons so yet again, just play Horizons for the things that are broken in Odyssey

Like some people already noticed they left the combat in a broken state for a month so I doubt they will issue any "quick" fixes for something trivial like material gathering in an SRV. Also it works fine in Horizons so yet again, just play Horizons for the things that are broken in Odyssey

Haven't logged to H since O dropped, then again not collecting mats for a few days isn't going to destroy my game, despite other people claiming it's a game breaking bug.

It maybe a game breaking bug for some!! and to others a real pain in progression (edit) - as the srv scoop is used in material grinding for engineers and other things, if this does not work as intended like now i was on a mission to unlock the gaurdian stuff and also uinlock some engineers, this whole process stops until they fix it or have to complete it in horizons which is an option. funny how it works in there but not odyssey. So while we wait for it to be fixed combat issue is fixed so will go blow some stuff up, or blow some asteroids. have fun in the black o7 cmdr's

Last edited:
It is a game breaking bug as the srv scoop is used in material grinding for engineers and other things, if this does not work as intended like now i was on a mission to unlock the gaurdian stuff and also uinlock some engineers, this whole process stops until they fix it or have to complete it in horizons which is an option. funny how it works in there but not odyssey. So while we wait for it to be fixed combat issue is fixed so will go blow some stuff up, or blow some asteroids. have fun in the black o7 cmdr's

So you haven't stopped playing because of this "game breaking" bug, I mean that's what it means, that it literally breaks the game, this is not that at all, you just do other stuff for a few days.

Deleted member 182079

D
People call bugs game breaking presumably because it breaks the game for them.

This I'm Alright Jack attitude of some is sad to see. Don't you want the game to be better than that? Constantly and each and every time there's a new patch out it breaks something new and random.

This really is not normal and just saying "just ignore it" on a feedback thread isn't useful. Just keep stumm at least if you don't care.

Top Bottom