COMPLETED CG Taurus Mining Ventures Initiative

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Message from Salvation: is it April Fool?
Screenshot_0028.jpg
Screenshot_0029.jpg

Was just about to post about this. Debating if im gonna do it, nevr done Guardian stuff and not sure how it works in a Sidey.
Noooooooooooo dont help them, you know it will end in tears.
Its like when you buy your first Python, looks great on paper and from the outside, then you realise they put the controls on the wrong side!

O7

Tip that I'm currently using:
  1. Zap rock with drilling laser. Get two items to come out. Stop firing. If there's no coltan, move on (and add them to the ignore list).
  2. If there's ANY coltan in either of the two samples, switch to prospector, attach it and let the examination begin. This'll give you the full amount you can get.
  3. Blast away. Remember to add anything you don't want to the ignore list.
  4. Once the asteroid is depleted, move to the next asteroid, repeat.
I found that greatly this greatly speeds up the process. Hope that helps.
Aha, I may try this.
Yesterday I used 180 Limpets for 42T LH and 49T MMC and a little Bromellite and Tritium - most went on prospectors.
I have the long distance eng class 1 lasers from recent CG which work at 2.5km now, so I will prospect with these and then see what comes off!.
I understand you only get the full amount from the rock if you prospect it first.

May try for Coltan - in which of the Rocky or Metal Rich rings do you get Tritium?.

I was gonna give up on this and go exploring in the black but now may retry using this. o7

Aha, I may try this.
Yesterday I used 180 Limpets for 42T LH and 49T MMC and a little Bromellite and Tritium - most went on prospectors.
I have the long distance eng class 1 lasers from recent CG which work at 2.5km now, so I will prospect with these and then see what comes off!.
I understand you only get the full amount from the rock if you prospect it first.

May try for Coltan - in which of the Rocky or Metal Rich rings do you get Tritium?.

I was gonna give up on this and go exploring in the black but now may retry using this. o7
Tritium is only in icy rings. You can find some decent value minerals in rocky and metal rich though. Generally the ones that end in -ite are decent $ (painite, muscuvite, etc). Ossmium can be decently profitable too particularly if you do missions calling for it.

Tritium is ice ring only...
The only good stuff in rocky rings is Core mining... For the CG the collection in Rocky rings is colton only..
The rocky rings help focus as its all junk for laser mining normaly...
In metal rich theirs Osmium and gold as a distraction from the CG items...

Welp..off to visit guardian beacons.

First stop: 26 jumps away!

And hey, the Reorte heatsinks are available..so have to wait for those to transfer first.

EDIT:
Well, teach me not to pay attention.
Would have been faster to go get them on my way out of the bubble.

Anyone know how to cancel a module transfer in progress ? :D :D :D

Message from Salvation: is it April Fool?

There we go, I did wonder if the mining expedition was actually a "Mining" expedition.

Inara has text about a 'unique' Decal. Now, I may be a sucker for a sticker, but just how unique is it? Because the Explorer decals from the last Bridge CG weren't very unique at all.

I have my reservations about continuing to support Salvation after the Alexandria but with the superpowers pulling Aegis before they had a replacement, feels like humanity is stuck between a pig and a poke (and there's also the fact this is a game, so 'interesting times' are a positive, at least for me as a player)

Sure, but nonetheless, it's an extant problem with the market as a whole.

For example, Methanol Monohydrate Crystals have overall higher demand and are more rare than the most expensive minerals (i.e LTDs, Osmium, Gold etc) and yet, pay out significantly less. This makes no sense whatsoever, whether this is happening within a CG or not.

e.g this market, where MMC, MC and LTDs are all market demand items, and thanks to hotspots, LTDs are easier to find.
View attachment 299448

This is not how markets work.
Most of the ED economy only makes sense if you presume that the activities we see are just a small slice of the economy. This is as it should be, I think - the game setting is pretty explicit about the fact that, no matter how rich and respected/feared we PFed types may be, we're still a few thousand weirdos in a galaxy with trillions of humans.

So in the case of mined commodities, you have to assume that the published prices are telling you something real, and work backwards from that. MMCs are demanded in huge quantities but command a very low price. What this tells me is that the ton-by-ton laser mining we are equipped for is NOT the primary source of MMCs on the market. Imagine for example that those big extraction bases on icy moons are digging it up by the megaton and shipping it directly to industrial consumers in those ubiquitous bulk hauler megaships. And therefore it really IS irrational for independent miners to waste their time extracting them, and it's economically fine that nobody bothers trying to satisfy that published demand. Except in a special case like this where moderate quantities are needed from a non-standard source on a short lead time - in which case the offer price is much much higher to compensate. In contrast, LTDs have low demand but extremely high prices, which tells you that the available supply is quite small. Individually prospecting and mining out asteroids probably IS the only source for these gems.

And I think this principle really works in a lot of cases - the economic role of independent pilots is to supply and move stuff that the megacorps won't, because it's hard to get in the bulk quantities they deal with, or needed today not next billing cycle, or illegal. That isn't to deny that there's also a lot of economic absurdity, especially when it comes to mission rewards, ship and equipment prices, and so on. Not to mention that NPC miners always seem to be going for water or bauxite or something, when this model tells you it should be just as irrational for them to be bothering with such materials as it is for us.

Who/what is Salvation? I haven't played in about a year and the in-game Galnet articles only go back a few weeks.
One of the important mystery figures of this current storyline, of which there's an official but a little bit outdated recap here:

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom