Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Just tried to download the latest version and was blocked. Check out the picture. Never happened before.
I haven't seen it either. I'm in contact with Bitly and waiting for an answer.
You can download the v1.8.9.3, which is free to download and update it via the launcher.
I will remove the link from the main page until the issue is resolved! :mad:
Is this an april fools joke???

Last edited:
A little late for April fools, it's not a joke.
I usually update from the launcher, but like to also download it as a backup.
Thank you.

Hi, new user.. great fan… having issues with building trade routs… am I, and my wife.. the only ones that don’t get the option to select a second station for trade rout building ?

thanks for the tool, it’s a godsend (we have nicknamed it R2-D2)

Hi, new user.. great fan… having issues with building trade routs… am I, and my wife.. the only ones that don’t get the option to select a second station for trade rout building ?

thanks for the tool, it’s a godsend (we have nicknamed it R2-D2)
Hello and welcome to R2-D2, i mean TCE ;)

Have you checked out the wiki in this case: https://trade-computer-extension-mkii.fandom.com/wiki/Route_Planner_panel

FYI, TCE has a local database for stations that keeps track of all the stations you've visited in-game.
If you haven't used TCE a lot while playing the game, your databases aren't full enough to create a good route.

You can speed things up by using EDDB-Relay which will fill your databases with lots of information about your neighborhood and so with all these stations near your current position you can find lots of routes with Route Finder and can with Route Planner itself create a route.

Here is a link for the EDDB-Relay web service: https://trade-computer-extension-mkii.fandom.com/wiki/Options_panel

Hope that helps you and your wife to find TCE even useful as a R2-D2 droid. :)

Yeah we use the relay.
4. Click the SELECT button to add your first station to the summary.

We can’t see a select button. Only cancel button unfortunately , so not able to progress past selecting the commodity for the first station.

yes I’ve gone through the wiki, as I found it helpful with using the road to riches with TME interface (which I love so much…)

Yeah we use the relay.
4. Click the SELECT button to add your first station to the summary.

We can’t see a select button. Only cancel button unfortunately , so not able to progress past selecting the commodity for the first station.

yes I’ve gone through the wiki, as I found it helpful with using the road to riches with TME interface (which I love so much…)
Okay, I found the error that prevents you from adding the station to the route register. This only happens if you previously started a route from the Route Finder panel in the session.

The problem will be fixed with the next version. To work around the problem until the new version comes out, go straight into the Planner and create a route before starting a route in the Route Finder panel.

Hello, not sure what's going on, get the loading bar up to about 70% green, jumps to 100% in writing, but bar stays at about 70%. Screen goes black, all other apps hidden behind a TCE Workspace, eventually crashes to desktop with whole white screen, no error reported. That was after installed update to 1.8.6.9.
Performed full install after renaming TCE folder, same result. Still no error reported.
1650572840958.png

Something I can pass to you?

Hello, not sure what's going on, get the loading bar up to about 70% green, jumps to 100% in writing, but bar stays at about 70%. Screen goes black, all other apps hidden behind a TCE Workspace, eventually crashes to desktop with whole white screen, no error reported. That was after installed update to 1.8.6.9.
Performed full install after renaming TCE folder, same result. Still no error reported.
View attachment 303404
Something I can pass to you?
Okay, I found the problem. There is an issue with the Classic UI, so please change to the Icon UI until a fix is released (Launcher > Settings). Thanks for the report!

Last edited:
Version [1.8.9.7] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue with creating a route by the Route Planner, if a route was started before at the Route Finder.
  • Fixed an issue with the Classic UI, which could send TCE into a locked state in certain cases.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

Hi, i'm having this problem when using the overlay even if I don't press the focus key

ED TCE Mouse Glitch
Thanks for the vid. Do activate the Manual Focus switch and Remove UI Buttons on Focus Lost at the Options panel(General tab) and select a keybind for Focus Interface at the Keyboard tab(Interface) before. Another possibility is to hide the UI of TCE (Keboard tab) while flying.

Last edited:
Thanks for the vid. Do activate the Manual Focus switch and Remove UI Buttons on Focus Lost at the Options panel(General tab) and select a keybind for Focus Interface at the Keyboard tab(Interface) before. Another possibility is to hide the UI of TCE (Keboard tab) while flying.
Thanks for your reply, I activated the manual Focus option and configured shift + * as my keybind for focus interface and the problem persist, if i press the keybind it allows me to interact with the hud, but even if i don't press it i can still click any part of the hud.

Thanks for your reply, I activated the manual Focus option and configured shift + * as my keybind for focus interface and the problem persist, if i press the keybind it allows me to interact with the hud, but even if i don't press it i can still click any part of the hud.
Activate also the Remove UI Buttons on Focus Lost. As soon the buttons are removed, you can't interact with the TCE UI unitl you press the keybind for the UI Focus.

Last edited:
Activate also the Remove UI Buttons on Focus Lost. As soon the buttons are removed, you can't interact with the TCE UI unitl you press the keybind for the UI Focus.
Hmm you're right, I can't interact with the tce ui buttons but the mouse still appear in the top ui and make the game loss focus

Hmm you're right, I can't interact with the tce ui buttons but the mouse still appear in the top ui and make the game loss focus
Thanks for the feedback. Indeed, the focus is lost. Preparing a beta for you to test it. I will send you a message, when its ready to download.
I didn't use mouse control and most, if not all other users too, so it wasn't tested extensively.

Hello, I can’t seem to get scan protocol to register dss scans. Is this normal ? Also.. I can’t seem to get an imported exploration to work for my wife. (It seems to work for me) but for her…. It skips the first destination, so doesn’t clipboard the next jump.

I’m sure it’s me doing something wrong, probably in both instances.. but I need help please :)

Hello, I can’t seem to get scan protocol to register dss scans. Is this normal ? Also.. I can’t seem to get an imported exploration to work for my wife. (It seems to work for me) but for her…. It skips the first destination, so doesn’t clipboard the next jump.

I’m sure it’s me doing something wrong, probably in both instances.. but I need help please :)
I need a little more informations about the issue!
First, please create a bug report by clicking the "Report a bug" button in the launcher or in the options panel. Attach the ErrorReportFiles.7z to the report. With this I can check how you have configured TCE.
Second, attach the route file you created (from the \Routes folder) so I can try to recreate the problem for your wife.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom