Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Hi, I can't make TCE work at all, I get the error "you have not installed the required runtime to use TCE", I already installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) ver 10.0.40219. I uninstalled and reinstalled TCE and visual c++ multiple times with different versions of both and always the same error. I also tried disabling antivirus and firewall. what am I doing wrong? Is there a log to see more details of the error?
Thanks!
Please copy the files from the attached archive into the root folder of TCE and try again.
Please report, if it is now working.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• SQLite.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
Please copy the files from the attached archive into the root folder of TCE and try again.
Please report, if it is now working.
Thanks in advance!
It didn't work, but now it did give me an error code. It seems that it was looking for version 1.0.106.0 of System.Data.SQLite, so I downloaded it and copied the files and it worked perfectly.
Thank you very much!!!

It didn't work, but now it did give me an error code. It seems that it was looking for version 1.0.106.0 of System.Data.SQLite, so I downloaded it and copied the files and it worked perfectly.
Thank you very much!!!
Thanks for the report!

The next release will contain an updated version (v1.0.116.0) of the SQLite library (the files I attached) for the latest windows update,
but the current release is working with the v1.0.106.0.

I am getting repeated crashes from the latest version of TCE - a lot of 'Index Exceptions' when I click buttons on the interface - I am guessing it is something wrong with my installation - maybe.

I am getting repeated crashes from the latest version of TCE - a lot of 'Index Exceptions' when I click buttons on the interface - I am guessing it is something wrong with my installation - maybe.
Please verify and repair your databases at the Launcher (Database tab). If it doesn't fixes your issues, I require a bug report (Report A Bug button) and add the error details from the error message.
Thanks in advance!

Hi, I have a new win10 install. I kept my old files on an external drive, hoping that I can get TCE working and having all my previous data etc. From the installation page I have to install Microsoft Visuall C++ .. When I click the link it takes me to a broken page. Thanks for the help

Scotty113

Hi, I have a new win10 install. I kept my old files on an external drive, hoping that I can get TCE working and having all my previous data etc. From the installation page I have to install Microsoft Visuall C++ .. When I click the link it takes me to a broken page. Thanks for the help

Scotty113
Link has been updated, please retry.

HI Eventure, Thanks for that, I had to have a couple of tries but got there in the end. I copied my Cmdr name into the CMDR folder in the new installation. I'm hoping that was the correct thing to do.
There is more to do when doing it by hand. I would suggest to use the build-in function at the Database tab of the Launcher.
Click the Tranfer button to select your old folder of TCE. After the databases were scanned, click the Start Transfer button. The tranfer is done automatically (databases, CMDR config, TCE config, routes, etc.).

Version [1.9.0.0] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue with the default Trade Range when using the Auto-Update feature of EDDB-Relay.
  • Fixed a rare error with the EDDB-Relay while updating the databases on-the-fly.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

If anyone having an issue with its Anti-Virus app, here is the VirusTotal scan analysis:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...21df3c97eac0d2bd9e2bab105d4c8bce0ad?nocache=1

Last edited:
Hi Eventure, I, still using TCE 2 after 6 years. Just moved to Odyssey and found 1 think that doesnt seem to work. Ive started doing alot of megaship infiltration missions. However, TCE2 doesnt seem to recognise these in the journal file and so they are not picked up in the mission panel. Is this a bug or a feature - not sure if you had problems with it and intentionally didnt include them?

The missions text seems to be 'Infiltrate The Megaship Data Link' and has the target system for the megaship and possibly the megaship name. Bit like the 'economic data acquisition' missions.

Hi Eventure, I, still using TCE 2 after 6 years. Just moved to Odyssey and found 1 think that doesnt seem to work. Ive started doing alot of megaship infiltration missions. However, TCE2 doesnt seem to recognise these in the journal file and so they are not picked up in the mission panel. Is this a bug or a feature - not sure if you had problems with it and intentionally didnt include them?

The missions text seems to be 'Infiltrate The Megaship Data Link' and has the target system for the megaship and possibly the megaship name. Bit like the 'economic data acquisition' missions.
Is it possible for you to post the complete "MissionAccepted" entry for such a mission or you could send me a bug report and attach a journal file, where this mission was accepted. I will try to recreate your issue.
Thanks in advance!

Is it possible for you to post the complete "MissionAccepted" entry for such a mission or you could send me a bug report and attach a journal file, where this mission was accepted. I will try to recreate your issue.
Thanks in advance!
will do, but probably will need to be tomorrow, thanks for response ;-)

Thanks in advance!
Missions Acceptance -

{ "timestamp":"2022-08-12T05:56:40Z", "event":"MissionAccepted", "Faction":"Low Profile Workshops", "Name":"Mission_HackMegaship", "LocalisedName":"Infiltrate the Megaship Data Link", "DestinationSystem":"BD+34 1378", "Target":"$MissionUtil_FactionTag_Datalink;", "Target_Localised":"Data Link", "Wing":false, "Influence":"++", "Reputation":"++", "Reward":1926620, "MissionID":882738361 }

Redirection after the scan has been done - sending back to place where mission was accepted -

{ "timestamp":"2022-08-12T14:44:27Z", "event":"MissionRedirected", "MissionID":882738361, "Name":"Mission_HackMegaship", "NewDestinationStation":"Batra Biological Institution", "NewDestinationSystem":"Bohmshohm", "OldDestinationStation":"", "OldDestinationSystem":"BD+34 1378" }

Mission Complete and reward taken -

{ "timestamp":"2022-08-12T14:53:57Z", "event":"MissionCompleted", "Faction":"Low Profile Workshops", "Name":"Mission_HackMegaship_name", "MissionID":882738361, "DestinationSystem":"BD+34 1378", "Target":"$MissionUtil_FactionTag_Datalink;", "Target_Localised":"Data Link", "Reward":803706, "FactionEffects":[ { "Faction":"Low Profile Workshops", "Effects":[ { "Effect":"$MISSIONUTIL_Interaction_Summary_EP_up;", "Effect_Localised":"The economic status of $#MinorFaction; has improved in the $#System; system.", "Trend":"UpGood" } ], "Influence":[ { "SystemAddress":358730470090, "Trend":"UpGood", "Influence":"+++++" } ], "ReputationTrend":"UpGood", "Reputation":"++" } ] }

Last edited:
Missions Acceptance -

{ "timestamp":"2022-08-12T05:56:40Z", "event":"MissionAccepted", "Faction":"Low Profile Workshops", "Name":"Mission_HackMegaship", "LocalisedName":"Infiltrate the Megaship Data Link", "DestinationSystem":"BD+34 1378", "Target":"$MissionUtil_FactionTag_Datalink;", "Target_Localised":"Data Link", "Wing":false, "Influence":"++", "Reputation":"++", "Reward":1926620, "MissionID":882738361 }

Redirection after the scan has been done - sending back to place where mission was accepted -

{ "timestamp":"2022-08-12T14:44:27Z", "event":"MissionRedirected", "MissionID":882738361, "Name":"Mission_HackMegaship", "NewDestinationStation":"Batra Biological Institution", "NewDestinationSystem":"Bohmshohm", "OldDestinationStation":"", "OldDestinationSystem":"BD+34 1378" }

Mission Complete and reward taken -

{ "timestamp":"2022-08-12T14:53:57Z", "event":"MissionCompleted", "Faction":"Low Profile Workshops", "Name":"Mission_HackMegaship_name", "MissionID":882738361, "DestinationSystem":"BD+34 1378", "Target":"$MissionUtil_FactionTag_Datalink;", "Target_Localised":"Data Link", "Reward":803706, "FactionEffects":[ { "Faction":"Low Profile Workshops", "Effects":[ { "Effect":"$MISSIONUTIL_Interaction_Summary_EP_up;", "Effect_Localised":"The economic status of $#MinorFaction; has improved in the $#System; system.", "Trend":"UpGood" } ], "Influence":[ { "SystemAddress":358730470090, "Trend":"UpGood", "Influence":"+++++" } ], "ReputationTrend":"UpGood", "Reputation":"++" } ] }
Thank you!

I have found the issue and it will be fixed with the next update.

Installed TCE today. (After being aware of it since release) .... took me long enough. 😆
Amazing range of information available ! And I particularly like the full set of customisation options, especially with my triple monitor setup.
Will add a pic soon.
@eventure thank you for this most excellent app.

Flimley

Last edited:
Installed TCE today. (After being aware of it since release) .... took me long enough. 😆
Amazing range of information available ! And I particularly like the full set of customisation options, especially with my triple monitor setup.
Will add a pic soon.
@eventure thank you for this most excellent app.

Flimley
Thank you very much!
The wiki is a good place to start working with TCE.
If you find anything not in line, send me a bug report.

Version [1.9.0.1] released
Changelog:
  • Added a missing star class to the Resources database.
  • Fixed a rare EDDB-Relay issue when updating market prices.
  • Fixed a rare issue in updating the Waypoint panel on waypoint reached situations.
  • Fixed an issue with missions, which won't expire by time.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

Last edited:
thanks for the update eventure... the mega ship missions kinda worked when I first accepted them, but then when I got to my fleet carrier they had disappeared from the list? and arent showing on the TCE mission panel any more.

My thoughts are that the code that is counting the number of active missions isnt counting the infiltrate mega ship missions and so the panel isnt showing them (as they are the last 3 missions I accepted).

Version [1.9.0.2] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed another issue with missions, which won't expire by time.
Notes:

Top Bottom