Console Profile Transfers and 2022 Updates

"Just because I've got a low tolerance for incessant whining doesn't make me a white knight - it just means incessant whining annoys me even more than Frontier's screwups."

Love your signature line...How true...

That seems fair enough. I can generally tell the difference between those who disagree with me on genuine grounds (at least in their eyes), and those who are 'whiteknighting' it...

For all of us that transferred from console to PC a while ago and lost all our cosmetics... I just had all my items from Console (I kept the account active for my alter ego) finally transferred over to PC yesterday afternoon. Decals (my coveted DW2 Decal as well), Paintjobs (my coveted Anaconda GalNet Paintjob as well), Ship Kits the works! I am fully kitted out again with cosmetics.

Thanks FDev! I appreciate it!

Gary

Last edited:
For all of us that transferred from console to PC a while ago and lost all our cosmetics... I just had all my items from Console (I kept the account active for my alter ego) finally transferred over to PC yesterday afternoon. Decals (my coveted DW2 Decal as well), Paintjobs (my coveted Anaconda GalNet Paintjob as well), Ship Kits the works! I am fully kitted out again with cosmetics.

Gary
Credit where credit is due, this is an awesome move from FDEV. I wish they'd show the same excellence in everything.

Gary
Was this at your request or did it just happen out of the blue?

Was this at your request or did it just happen out of the blue?
I put in for an account transfer from PS4 to PC. Then I received an email that stated the following:

1. I have a console CMDR and would like to fully transfer their progress, assets and cosmetic items (such as ship kits and paint jobs) to a PC account.
We cannot currently accommodate this request within Customer Support, but please keep an eye on our ‘profile transfer’ support page or our official Twitter account for news on when the transfer process will be ready for use and further instruction on how to complete the transfer when it is available.

2. I have previously had a platform transfer, whereby my console CMDR’s credit value was transferred to PC, and would now like to transfer the cosmetic items (such as ship kits and paint jobs) to the PC account that I now use.
Please reply to this ticket, confirming that this is what you would like to do, and we will gladly assist in this.

3. I have requested a transfer of my CMDR’s assets in credits and would like to continue with this process. I do not want to transfer my CMDR’s profile to another platform.
If you would like to continue with the process as described in the original application, please confirm this and we will do this for you.

I responded to the email and asked for Option 2.

Gary

I put in for an account transfer from PS4 to PC. Then I received an email that stated the following:

1. I have a console CMDR and would like to fully transfer their progress, assets and cosmetic items (such as ship kits and paint jobs) to a PC account.
We cannot currently accommodate this request within Customer Support, but please keep an eye on our ‘profile transfer’ support page or our official Twitter account for news on when the transfer process will be ready for use and further instruction on how to complete the transfer when it is available.

2. I have previously had a platform transfer, whereby my console CMDR’s credit value was transferred to PC, and would now like to transfer the cosmetic items (such as ship kits and paint jobs) to the PC account that I now use.
Please reply to this ticket, confirming that this is what you would like to do, and we will gladly assist in this.

3. I have requested a transfer of my CMDR’s assets in credits and would like to continue with this process. I do not want to transfer my CMDR’s profile to another platform.
If you would like to continue with the process as described in the original application, please confirm this and we will do this for you.

I responded to the email and asked for Option 2.

Gary
Thanks, so you've previously had a transfer under the old system (and only got credits), before they froze them after the console development announcement, and then you put in another request more recently?

Thanks, so you've previously had a transfer under the old system (and only got credits), before they froze them after the console development announcement, and then you put in another request more recently?
Correct. I originally transferred my account in 2020 (only credits and assets converted into credits) the old fashioned way.

After reading the thread in regards how current console CMDRs were going to be treated I decided to put in a request simply for my DW2 Decal and GalNet paintjob. That was the email I received, I responded and I have the works!

Two things you will need:

Your FID from your old Console CMDR (at the bottom left on Console) and your current FID of the CMDR you wish to transfer to. I am glad I kept my PS4 account active.. but not for long...

Gary

Zac was just saying the transfer is for Horizon's only, so I'm thinking of doing the Mad Dog method. Just direct me where to go Mad Dog, please? :)

The Generic Requests are indeed unavailable right now. I guess the best is keep trying or wait for an announcement from Frontier regarding this. I put the request in Monday of last week so maybe they were flooded? I do not know.

Gary

A few days ago I put up a ticket on how precisely the transfer going to happen. This is the reply I got.

"To answer your question, when you complete the console transfer (option 1), this will replace your current PC commander with your console commander (existing PC CMDR will be removed). There is no need to create a new account or manually delete the save, all will be done automatically through a specialized tool that we are currently developing."

So yeah, there's no need to create a new account.

A few days ago I put up a ticket on how precisely the transfer going to happen. This is the reply I got.

"To answer your question, when you complete the console transfer (option 1), this will replace your current PC commander with your console commander (existing PC CMDR will be removed). There is no need to create a new account or manually delete the save, all will be done automatically through a specialized tool that we are currently developing."

So yeah, there's no need to create a new account.
I would hope there will be an option 4 of "bring my console commander onto a new PC account without doing anything to any other existing PC saves I might have"

So I have seen quite a bit of talk going on about the ability to transfer parts of our accounts from console to PC. I purchased a copy of Horizon some years ago for PlayStation and I purchased a Horizon/Odyssey copy for PC when Odyssey went Test then Live. So I have seen several talking about how we wont be able to transfer from console to current PC account but will have to create a new account and possibly buy Odyssey again? I hope this is not true. Also, when will the transfer of accounts start? How will this be handled? Will it be a long process? There really didn't seem to be a lot of details other than it was going to happen. When can we expect to hear more details from you?

Top Bottom