Console Profile Transfers and 2022 Updates

But can you, if so desired, overwrite an existing PC account with the transferred console account?
So no additional PC account will be needed?
No, they were quite clear on the cast... you will need to specify a CMDR name which does not already exist. ergo, you cannot overwrite or merge; the transferred console account WILL BE an "Alt" and if you want to play Ody on it, you will have to buy Ody again.

cdkeys.com for the win.

But can you, if so desired, overwrite an existing PC account with the transferred console account?
So no additional PC account will be needed?
Sure, but why would you? They're offering the Horizons PC account for free. Why not use their account for the transfer, and have two?

Hi all!

Thanks for all your queries; we're gathering and relaying them to the development team. When we have a comprehensive list of answers, we'll share them in a separate FAQ post.
To expand slightly on what I said about some bugs that have crept in, if you look on the terminal at a settlements sometimes, many of the items like lockers etc will have completely spurious Mission logos attached to them. So if you're there on a mission to find an item, it obviously becomes farsical pretty quickly. This just happened to me on a Recovery mission (replace the power regulator) so no biggie but it illustrated the problem very well.

Your main argument around you build your entire speech defending Frontier doing in Gnosis, is based on blaming people on something that was a really bad worked event and Frontier entire responsability of its total mesh. This is where you are wrong.
That's the thing, it's not really a defense of Frontier, it's just the scenario looked at from a different perspective, where Frontier aren't the evil corp that some try to make them out to be. Of course that doesn't automatically translate to me thinking that they're the greatest devs of all time either, though I expect to a degree the likelihood of it taken to mean that. It seems you think that any other way to frame it is 'wrong', it's not. Like I said, my perspective and opinions are informed by different things than yours. I'm not saying that you are necessarily wrong, just that your frame of reference is evidently skewed by an overriding prejudged opinion of Frontier.

What Frontier learned from Gnosis was to not doing again a live event and to keep them out of any true interactive game between lore and Elite. But only work through a suffocated mission and CG system bottleneck. Because is easier and cheaper? Maybe money is more important than backlash?
It may come as a surprise that companies tend to follow the money, it's how they are able to continue and not go bankrupt. If Frontier wanting to make money is one of the conditions that makes you think that Frontier is bad, then you must think all companies are bad? I also think, once again, your opinion is skewed by portraying Frontier as an evil greedy corporation, and while they're not perfect, Frontier have done some things recently that prove otherwise. Every copy of Horizons they give away will be marked on their balance sheet as a loss. That's not something to act like is nothing in relation to everything else surrounding Odyssey since launch.

That's the thing, it's not really a defense of Frontier, it's just the scenario looked at from a different perspective, where Frontier aren't the evil corp that some try to make them out to be. Of course that doesn't automatically translate to me thinking that they're the greatest devs of all time either, though I expect to a degree the likelihood of it taken to mean that. It seems you think that any other way to frame it is 'wrong', it's not. Like I said, my perspective and opinions are informed by different things than yours. I'm not saying that you are necessarily wrong, just that your frame of reference is evidently skewed by an overriding prejudged opinion of Frontier.

It may come as a surprise that companies tend to follow the money, it's how they are able to continue and not go bankrupt. If Frontier wanting to make money is one of the conditions that makes you think that Frontier is bad, then you must think all companies are bad? I also think, once again, your opinion is skewed by portraying Frontier as an evil greedy corporation, and while they're not perfect, Frontier have done some things recently that prove otherwise. Every copy of Horizons they give away will be marked on their balance sheet as a loss. That's not something to act like is nothing in relation to everything else surrounding Odyssey since launch.
You have basically the same info as me, but you prefer to blame on consumers instead of the developper, because is what you are doing, not being neutral as you pretend now. Ok, you are on your right to do that. What you said about me saying Frontier being an evel corp.... Is simpler than that, surprise, we are consumers not owners of the enterprise or even shareholders, at least me, so I don't care about what is better for (only) the entreprise, but what is better for the consumer, for me.

Sorry, you are also so naive, "Every copy of Horizons they give away will be marked on their balance sheet as a loss." is not so true as you pretend to be. Maybe this is a way of increase the number in players in PC, something that can be urgently needed in the next report to the shareholders to keep their trust in the head of the enterprise? Apart from a good public relations movement after the disaster of that kind around consoles?. Not forgetting that move was because time of development = money. And that Horizons is so cheap today, and the transference is temporary and voluntary = people not playing this days are going to lost the opportunity?

Last edited:
You have basically the same info as me, but you prefer to blame on consumers instead of the developper, because is what you are doing, not being neutral as you pretend now. Ok, you are on your right to do that. What you said about me saying Frontier being an evel corp.... Is simpler than that, surprise, we are consumers not owners of the enterprise or even shareholders, at least me, so I don't care about what is better for (only) the entreprise, but what is better for the consumer, for me.

Sorry, you are also so naive, "Every copy of Horizons they give away will be marked on their balance sheet as a loss." is not so true as you pretend to be. Maybe this is a way of increase the number in players in PC, something that can be urgently needed in the next report to the shareholders to keep their trust in the head of the enterprise? Apart from a good public relations movement after the disaster of that kind around consoles?. Not forgetting that move was because time of development = money. And that Horizons is so cheap today, and the transference is temporary and voluntary = people not playing this days are going to lost the opportunity?
I'm not apportioning 'blame', you're the one framing that way, can you not see it any other way than as a matter of conflict? Why are you so hung up on finding someone to blame?

Hi all!

Thanks for all your queries; we're gathering and relaying them to the development team. When we have a comprehensive list of answers, we'll share them in a separate FAQ post.
Thank you! Looking forward to starting my Elite journey on PC after playing on Xbox since Game Preview Program!

I hope the transfers aren't going to require the same email on the console as new pc account, this would create conflicts in some cases. This then requires creation of new email for the transferred account should conflict occur? This may already have been answered, couldnt find it, if so apologies.

I hope the transfers aren't going to require the same email on the console as new pc account, this would create conflicts in some cases. This then requires creation of new email for the transferred account should conflict occur? This may already have been answered, couldnt find it, if so apologies.
What are the rules about emails for multiple PC accounts? The transfers will need to comply with them.

Hi all!

Cheers for that Bruce, got to say I'm getting a little giddy about an EDO adventure...followed by many many many critical injury sustained messages as I'm completely and utterly rubbish at FPS :)

Top Bottom