elite dangerous is a true success

Despite everything bad around; I started playing elite around 2012 when i discovered elite 2 frontier on the pc which is a very great game despite the age.

Compared to that game, we must admit that elite dangerous is a really awesome game; really up to today's standards.

I havent tried odyssey yet; honestly i think it look like a whole new game in its own; and i know odyssey isnt finished in some ways.

but if there's a feature i'd like to see to be made ingame; i would want the possibility to visit most planets; even terraformed/earth-like worlds; we could see forests , buildings , etc but this is a really challenging feature.

i'd also want to get more ships.

elite dangerous is a true success​

I havent tried odyssey yet;
popcorn-anyone-hungry-meme.jpg

Compared to that game, we must admit that elite dangerous is a really awesome game; really up to today's standards.
I admit that the Stellar Forge and all it brings is a very impressive achievement. Granted, there's room for improvement, but it's still WAY more than any other space game I play has to offer. Space Engine (no neers) is the only other thing like it that I know of, and unfortunately there is no game to that otherwise wonderful piece of software.

A toast to the Stellar Forge!

iu

I agree, Ive been playing computer games since my parents got a me Binatone Tennis console in the 70s.
Very few games have captured my imagination and kept me interested as much as Elite Dangerous.

The Arma series of games since the "dayz" of Operation Flashpoint,
The X series of space games since X2,
The Elder Scrolls series is another.

Its a shame the performance issues of Odyssey overshadowed (broke) so much.

Funny thing about horizons/oddessey. I've had to go back to horizons (to help some new friends who don't have oddessey) and I find the graphics are very fuzzy there. Odessey is much more sharp and crisp. Steering around the UI to change a ship loadout wasn't quite as good either. Me thinks some people have rose colored glasses. Obviously just my opinion which I state here since early in this thread we were told ALL people are unhappy with oddessey.

TL;DR - Yes.

But because I'm a VR only type and my machine isn't quite up to it I can't play Odyssey... and even if I could the GUI is still garbage.

So maybe the shine has worn off a little.

I have played all of the Elite games since 1984 and still playing in Odyssey yes there are bugs and other things that need sorting out with the current version it will improve as time goes on especially now since the console‘s are now not with us. I have thousands of hours with this game and I expect a few thousands more it’s a great game and long may it continue.

I have played all of the Elite games since 1984 and still playing in Odyssey yes there are bugs and other things that need sorting out with the current version it will improve as time goes on especially now since the console‘s are now not with us. I have thousands of hours with this game and I expect a few thousands more it’s a great game and long may it continue.
I have also played Elite since the first release in 1984 and followed it through elite II and First encounters, waited patiently for Elite dangerous to arrive and have enjoyed that and Horizons. The hiccup that is Odyssey however is difficult to defend. Overstretched to the limit it would appear that it will take a long long time to achieve the playability of Dangerous and Horizons.
I recently returned to Odyssey after RL took priority for a month or so, after an hour I turned it off in disgust (not a rant just a personal observation) after accepting missions only to find that panels at crash sites were half buried so cannot be searched, mission items not in the location stated so cannot complete missions, optional missions to kill Scavengers that, when killed, still show as 0/0 killed, Eight missions in one system that, when reached, had no mission locations to name just four reasons to stop playing.
All of these bugs/faults have been around since the Alpha with various updates firstly resolving such items only to have a later update see them return. The Issue Tracker system was/is a complete joke as reported problems were either marked as 'fixed' when they most certainly were not or 'expired' if no solution was forthcoming to actually solve the issue so people gave up reporting the them.
I also have many hours on Elite and enjoy the game but the standard of this game-play is far below what we have come to expect from this game. It's frustrating to say the least and anyone who 'knocks the knockers' needs to take a serious look at the problems to appreciate the reasons people feel so strongly.
Whatever the reasons the impact of releasing such a half-baked update ( be it the demand for 'space-legs' which were never actually needed, Ship interiors or the FPS disaster that seriously needs either a complete rewrite or removal) only serves to impact badly on other Frontier games.
I really hope that eventually the great game elite Dangerous will survive but with it's present prolonged problems it faces serious issues that could, not only affect it's life but Frontiers as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom