Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

bringing%20up%20baby.gif

So glad it's not just me that likes all them old films :D
Less cuts, more plot. It's just like Star Citisnt: Modern movies trade flash and bling for content. The event is celebrated - the story is cremated.

Hitchcock is a special set of classics. He's made a number of 3D movies and used it to set plot McGuffins right into the scene. Like the Scarf in Bei Anruf Mord (Dial M for Murder). Scarf is basically handed to the viewer in 1 scene. Yeah, member "Rear Window"? That whole thing just played out in 1 appartment with immobile guy. :D
Yet it had dramatic finish.
His "action" movies weren't as good, I'd say. Though Mt Rushmore scene in N by NW is kinda legendary. Probably the first time I learned about Mt Rushmore as kid.

It’s all about priorities…

Yeah the Prowler is in a pretty poor state and has been for a long while now, outright lacking much of its actual designed mechanics while the ones in place are bugged, faulty, or just underperforming. There's mesh issues, problems with the doors, problems with the hotseats, problems with using the co-pilot seat at the same time as the pilot seat, problems with the co-pilot taking over the turret and as you stated this "stealthy" ship is the very opposite of stealthy, as well as whatever other problems I've missed just off the top of my head.

But it's still a great ship if you loved it anyway. I've been rocking mine with twin AD5Bs recently, I can't hit anything with them but they sure look neat.

Not gonna lie. This man is a DEMI GOD.

To every space gamer and super fan: RECOGNIZE your inherent inferiority. Genuflect and permanently prostrate your unworthy mortal carcass before this cyber divinity

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfetLhpOvJw&t=495s

Just the cost of his customized game room alone..... o_O

That cockpit :love::love::love::love::love:

Those cooking appliances 🤤🤤🤤:love::love::love:

Don't matter what space franchise you rep. This man needs a thumbs up.

ps: the resale value of his property just shot up astronomically as well
I showed this to my wife as a suggestion for my man cave in our retirement home. She wasn't totally averse to the idea :O

Little does she realise I expect her to multicrew beside me wearing a Chewbacca onesie.

Buying a finished game... with no ambition.
Supporting a beta game... with no ambition also.
Pledging to an alpha game... which is the sole to have really big ambitions and try to achieve them... yes.
I am not sure what you are trying to say here other than that a game should always stay in alpha so that the developers ambitions are not constrained by reality.

Since a game is normally feature complete at beta it's ambitions are very clearly defined - I guess you could call it reality at that point. If you never manage to get a game out of alpha you can always speculate positively about its ambitions. Those ambitions in SC's case are the fuel to drive pledges, so staying in alpha keeps those ambitions alive, but also adding more ambitions provides more fuel, but also more technical debt.

At some point you need to give a thought to the idea that what you see currently is the current reality, the lofty expanding ambitions are dreams that will never be fulfilled and somewhere between the two lies the final reality. The interesting questions is whether history will eventually mark the final resting place nearer the current reality or the final ambition.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
And all the ambition in the world is utterly worthless if you don't have the talent to deliver on it.......10 years and half a billion smackeroonies says CIG do not.
Indeed. Ambition is cheap. Especially if you try it with money from others. Competence, ethics, self discipline and drive to deliver… well that is really hard to come by, and Chris Roberts definitely seems lacking in most of those.

EVE is a strategy game, much lower latency and network requirements, and they even slow the servers down when things get too busy. Its possible to do with EVE. Its questionable whether its possible with SC, and even CIG devs have backed off a long way from CRs initial claims of hundreds or thousands of people playing in the same area of space.
Ooh totally agree… TiDi is not applicable to shooters! I was just saying they could copy EVE’s reinforcement mechanics on player owned structures.

And all the ambition in the world is utterly worthless if you don't have the talent to deliver on it.......10 years and half a billion smackeroonies says CIG do not.
Some of the ambitions are already delivered by CIG. It was my dream : get up from my flat in a city and go to my ship, open the door and go to my seat (and not teleport in it). Do some dogfight in space, some mining, land on a planet to do some FPS mission, having some places and tools to do good roleplay, all in a beautiful and non cartoonish game. The alpha deliver to me 100% of this dream and, for now, is the only one game simply delivering it, ambition fullfilled, thanks CIG. Everything CIG is adding to the actual alpha is just pure bonus for me.

Next patch, CIG will give us new FPS derelicts missions and a whole multiplayer event the size of a district of CP2077.

Where do you get these?

(Asking for a friend... obviously.....)
With me not being nearly tall enough to be a Wookie...my darling wife forced me to hire and wear an Ewok suit for one of our kids birthday parties many years ago...I burned all recorded media of the event...as well as issued threats of extreme violence should any images appear in any form of publication between the date of the event and my eventual death 😐

Last edited:
Some of the ambitions are already delivered by CIG. It was my dream : get up from my flat in a city and go to my ship, open the door and go to my seat (and not teleport in it). Do some dogfight in space, some mining, land on a planet to do some FPS mission, having some places and tools to do good roleplay, all in a beautiful and non cartoonish game. The alpha deliver to me 100% of this dream and, for now, is the only one game simply delivering it, ambition fullfilled, thanks CIG. Everything CIG is adding to the actual alpha is just pure bonus for me.

Next patch, CIG will give us new FPS derelicts missions and a whole multiplayer event the size of a district of CP2077.
Resorting to LAFFs has become more predictable than Bonetti's Defense, but now leaves you vunerable to a counter-attack from the current Metacritic score of 3.3 https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-citizen

You have to wonder how low can it get?

All kneel before the beneficence of the mighty CIG as they shower their faithful believers with bountiful gifts!
There's so much wrong with your reality-twisting account the state of SC, it's not even worth dissecting. You're too far down the rabbit hole.

I always wanted a game where I woke up in bed and died, got out of bed and died, walked through the door and died, then the elevator killed me, then the train killed me, then the ramp on my ship killed me and my ship exploded after I dropped my coffee cup. SC is the only game that can deliver all those experiences. 🤣

Top Bottom