Really? All that hype for nothing?(spoiler)

Where is this supposed "change the galaxy?"
The proteus wave worked and then by plot armor didn't?
So...
Like...
When I said "nothing will happen"
I didn't actually... ya know... want nothing to happen.
How have the thargoids changed?
Nothing. They switched off and on again.
Has salvation saved mankind or doomed it?
Nothing. Thargoids still as mysterious as always.
Have we learned anything?!
Nope.
I wanted to be proven wrong. I wanted to log in and see the thargoids defeated and we get to salvage their tech. I worked hard to gather things in hope for having my own thargoid ship. Worked that cg hard. And my reward is? What? A dissapointing end.

So much hype... for nothing...
Horisons didn't even get 4.0
Oh but guardian sentinels now shoot their missles again.
That is nice. Nice bug fixes.
Nothing new. The game stagnates. The game rots. The game just recycles the same modules and engineering grind forever while the player numbers slowly dwindle after each stagnant dissapointment.

Indeed. I imagine the Aftermath will be great fun for people who don't like math.
I see what you did there... :D
But seriously, I have no clue what's actually to gain there, because I'm not a combat pilot.
I flew into the systems, looked at a few spots and got attacked a lot. But there's voice logs at one of the megaships and I believe there might also be stuff to discover at the debris sites and that Thargoid base that fired back. No clue. I'm kinda curious actually. :D

Im also still searching for content i can engage with. I dont wanna sit down 1 hour to refit my Ship for Thargoid combat. (i did that already and stopped when i killed my first Hydras)
Right now i just found things to look at and i guess salvaging if you like that. The Ship logs are done in a minute.

Nothing new. The game stagnates. The game rots. The game just recycles the same modules and engineering grind forever while the player numbers slowly dwindle after each stagnant dissapointment.

Um, you just had a HUGE DLC drop a little over a year ago. What do you expect, an Odyssey-sized DLC every two months?

As for the story, I've been following today's events vicariously through the eyes of some live streams, and it's piqued my interest, and I normally don't care about Thargoids. To say that there is nothing new is disingenuous. Though I do dream of a day when cutscenes are replaced with actual live gameplay - for example, being at the bar and having a live news cast break live on an in-game monitor and seeing NPCs around me respond in real time.

Anyway, I'll be paying closer attention to the Thargoid story going forward, despite having little interest in AX combat.

As it stands now - we have no way to fight them back currently :geek::poop:
Isn't the regular AX spacefight the same? I was only escaping them, so I don't know.
But you know, Incursion begins, and if players don't win enough AX CZs in a week, Thargoids are able to deploy their superweapon.

I'm probably being overoptimistic. I've had a lot of vitamin D recently, so that' probably why.

I tend to agree. I didn't expect much but I expected some gameplay. Not NEW gameplay but I expected something to do during this patch. Not a nothing sandwich with a cutscene. What now? There was arguably more to do a day ago when the Goids were all over that system and we were popping them, now it's like... Okay, so we shot the wave and it did nothing, no idea how they just turned it around on us IMMEDIATELY with no setup. Nothing happens, This whole buildup was for nothing atm with no indication of where it's leading or going. Nothing to work towards either. Guardian tech doesn't work so what? All that work we put in that's for nothing now?

The Frontier needs to pick up the pace now. Commit to this game because right now it seems like they are one foot in one foot out. This update didn't have to take this damn long. LIke why did it take so long?

Let me just tease out the way I would have seen it done that would have required ZERO new gameplay but would have had the whole community up and going.

Log in today. Priority message. "This system ed now boys, Goids jumping in on your location in 5 mins" This gives you enough time to get out but not enough time to faf about where you are. You are also given a rendezvous point where all commanders are going to regroup. So you go there too. Open chat is full of "what is going on?!" An hour later another priority message! "All goid popping weapons are open for all plus these new toys too at a discount" " THEY WANT FULL-SCALE WAR!? LET'S HAVE IT THEN!" Everyone heads out popping the hell out of them. Maybe they are actually overwhelming us, we're losing ground every day, and they are moving into the bubble. The bubble is shrinking (It's too big anyways so this is a good way to make it smaller permanently but also meaningful in terms of which systems commanders choose to defend) then update 14 comes out where we starting to turn the tide.

The game is permanently transformed with 100s of systems absolutely destroyed, filled with destroyed stations that are now new places people can go to salvage, world on fire. All happened in-game with the player agency involved.

NO NEW GAMEPLAY just using the things they already have.

But NAH, here, cutscene, now wait for the next update. Or even just wait till Thursday... Okay, why not just start it today then? I don't get it. Who the hell makes these decisions?

Top Bottom