Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch Notes

FSS still takes forever to complete a scan of any planet with surface sites? Ok guess I’m not playing then. This whole “Go Play Something Else” advice people give out has been working out really well!

All you really can do. Once the player base drops low enough maybe there will be a change of direction and idiocy like the FSS and whatever else can start being rolled back.

"Drag buff " is so stupid that there are no effective words to explain how stupid it is, saying that i dont mean to offend anyone, its just pure truth. Its a game breaking effect. no matter which ship is ur target, and in 3 days all ships, that are in Open, will have some drag weapons equip, so bind ur boost buttons to something like engine color toggle On/Off, all ships are nerfed in speed and maneuverability, and only delusional people can defend this decision, also only people who dont play ED can implement something like this.
On the other side gank is going to hilariously ezy!!! Drag them un-engineered ships and explode them since they cant run away!!

Then it cancels out. If everyone is frag locked then the core flying properties of ships becomes more relevant. So it's not a death sentence, it's just a Nerf to permaboost and maybe to shield boosters. Which I think many people will agree needed to happen, but once it comes, every one finds some lame excuse to maintain the status quo.

Please explain to the class how this "nerfs" shield boosters.

High end pvpers were already nuking people in under 10 seconds. I took out a vette in 7 seconds before this change. Can you imagine that guy after this change?

Given that Corvettes have always been barn sized pinatas, nothing in this patch will change for paper-newbies, except that experienced Corvettes will now have an answer for Cutters that use their superior speed and shields to ignore federal ships.

Please explain to the class how this "nerfs" shield boosters.
Frags can only be used in short range, and at most medium range with Pacs. Seekers/PHs will be used for long range attemps to snare with drag. This can be countered in other ways, however the easiest counter would be to use Point Defense or EMC, both of which means giving up boosters, hence this is a potential much needed nerf to booster stacking, and gives a purpose to 2 previously defunct and otherwise fun/cool modules.

Frags can only be used in short range, and at most medium range with Pacs. Seekers/PHs will be used for long range attemps to snare with drag. This can be countered in other ways, however the easiest counter would be to use Point Defense or EMC, both of which means giving up boosters, hence this is a potential much needed nerf to booster stacking, and gives a purpose to 2 previously defunct and otherwise fun/cool modules.

It sounds like you’re talking about running away, not engaging in combat...

Ah yes. PD and ECM. The two modules no one uses because one has a ridiculously high cooldown and needs at least a pair to be useful and the other can barely knock down a single seeker flying in a straight line. Fascinating.

Of course, there's no possibility that this "engineered mod" has been inserted into the patch notes to manage the hysteria surrounding the "Roadmap Leaked?" threads ? ;)

Tomorrow we find it was "withdrawn."

As previously mentioned many, many times, both Point Defense and ECM are inadequate to prevent seekers getting through, let alone packhounds. They're effectively worthless in that role. Hounds are practically guaranteed to get through regardless.
It doesn't matter what range frags can be used at, the point is that someone will be able to get hits off regardless (frag cannons are space shotguns!) , thus dragging the victim ship with no counter.

Given that Corvettes have always been barn sized pinatas, nothing in this patch will change for paper-newbies, except that experienced Corvettes will now have an answer for Cutters that use their superior speed and shields to ignore federal ships.

You're not wrong it fixes one problem. But its created 400 other problems.

Its not a bad change. By itself its a bad change though. It shoudnt have been the only change made. Or no change at all.

If other defensive mechanisms were touched, I dont think the reaction would be this bad. But again, its like what happened to internals and hull tanking after the 3.0 rework. The 3.0 rework was a good one. It was much needed, but other things really were not adjusted.

Yeah, we can catch cutters now, yeah I was even excited about this change in the beginning. However, there are multiple other issues that come up after a change like this.

I still think its a good move, but only if other things were fixed around it.

Quite frankly almost no one PVPs in Fdev, and when I watch their streams for the past 3-4 years its been the same entry level jump, scoop and delivery. They really need someone on the inside that PVP's, and is willing to go out there and PVP and learn the PVP part of this game.

They have a general idea. But we have seen nothing from Fdev showcasing their skills, or know abouts when it comes to PVP.

And if they want to make something like powerplay worth a damn. They desperately need someone or a group of people that understands this game. And for the love of god stop listening to the people yelling grief or some content creator they like that only explores talking about shield boosters.

Its almost insulting after this amount of time. Love the game, love the people. But cmon Fdev you can do better than this.

Dude, I fly mostly 400-450mj piracy builds with 2k or just above armor... I do most of my robberies relying on speed and evasion, I adopt the same strategy to avoid the cops or ganking wings (a piracy build is always seen as an easy kill due to it's sacrifice of internals and utilities for piratific-tools). Being a player pirate is nice because it adds some rp / spice to the game, we (as pirates) have been able to create such a niche gameplay style because the game did somehow allow us to find a way how to balance our ship builds with piracy without being sitting in front of the rebuy screen too many times.

Anything that flattens the game from an rp / playing style point of view, or that reduces drastically the viable options for certain gaming styles (want PvP? -> use meta or you're ), can't be a good one. Full stop.

I assume pvp-ers will have learn to dance like they're in their sixties instead of their twenties rush.
I wonder how was the pvp before engineers?

FDev Manager..... "Feedback is telling us we need to nerf Shield Boosters."

Dev ..... "Boosters ... right, I'm onto it."

Checks through list of engineering mods available ......

Dev .... "OK, we've found an engineering mod that will counter those Boosters nicely !"

FDev Manager .... "Great, fix it and post it in the Patch Notes for Monday. The players will be pleased with how we respond to their needs!"

As previously mentioned many, many times, both Point Defense and ECM are inadequate to prevent seekers getting through, let alone packhounds. They're effectively worthless in that role. Hounds are practically guaranteed to get through regardless.
It doesn't matter what range frags can be used at, the point is that someone will be able to get hits off regardless (frag cannons are space shotguns!) , thus dragging the victim ship with no counter.
The range of engagement is what sets the entire meta, including counter builds. So yes, the range of engagement is everything. If people are using these in C1 utility slots at short range, then one possible counter will be to use other weapons that are even more devastating at short range so that you have even a marginal DPS advantage.

Another counter might be to use ships that aren't as impacted by a loss of dexterity, or that function relatively well with 0 pips, so that when both ships are dragged, one can still out maneuver. Or ship builds that simply don't rely on agility at all.

You know, one thing that troubles me is that so many people seem to have lost the capacity for creativity. I blame technology.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Dude, I fly mostly 400-450mj piracy builds with 2k or just above armor... I do most of my robberies relying on speed and evasion, I adopt the same strategy to avoid the cops or ganking wings (a piracy build is always seen as an easy kill due to it's sacrifice of internals and utilities for piratific-tools). Being a player pirate is nice because it adds some rp / spice to the game, we (as pirates) have been able to create such a niche gameplay style because the game did somehow allow us to find a way how to balance our ship builds with piracy without being sitting in front of the rebuy screen too many times.

Anything that flattens the game from an rp / playing style point of view, or that reduces drastically the viable options for certain gaming styles (want PvP? -> use meta or you're ), can't be a good one. Full stop.
Yarrr!

And the game is better for having people like you and the Dark Marauders in it.

Top Bottom