Fleet Carriers Update - Beta 2 has now ended!

Tritium refueling is unusable for exploration,so the only solution is to buy it in the bubble and do round trips or run it dry and decommission.
That cost me 1 billion in the beta,i guess with Tritium becoming more lucrative the price is going up?
Um......thanks for listening to our feedback (y)

I really didn't expect them so soon, thanks for the update. On a personal note I am a little disappointed that the fuel transfer system won't be improved or that the only way we get to see these magnificent beasts jump is if we're not on our carrier when it does, I get a bridge view maybe too complicated but an external camera would have been great. Hope the ship and module packs get sorted too as in the current state I have no intention of selling such things, moan over. In these difficult times I'd like to thank you all for putting in the hard work under difficult circumstances and as much as I may grumble I appreciate every one of you, cheers guys

Greetings Commanders,

Now that both of the Fleet Carriers Betas have come to an end, we'd like extend a huge thank you to all of the Commanders who took the time to jump in, whether that was on PC, PlayStation or Xbox. All the invaluable feedback that you've shared with us both here, on the forums, across social media and in videos and round-ups, has been incredibly important towards the development of Fleet Carriers.

Over the next couple of weeks, we'll be introducing a number of changes to Fleet Carriers in time for the release in June:
  • The buttons used to increase or decrease both the bank and the commodity market will now scale, like other systems in-game, when depositing credits or adjusting commodity prices.
  • Tritium mining will receive adjustments before launch to make it more lucrative (particularly in relation to sub-surface mining).
  • A credit exploit involving selling modules in a Fleet Carrier's outfitting service has been fixed.
  • A bug that swapped the names of certain locations and markets in the game has also been fixed (with key examples such as Ceres Tarn receiving its original name once more!).
  • A bug preventing the transfer of commodities such as Thargoid Sensors, Guardian Urns and others on Fleet Carriers has been resolved.
You've had a chance to experience Fleet Carriers in the Beta, and we can't wait to see what you'll do with them in the live servers and we're pleased to announce that the wait isn't long! The Fleet Carrier Update will emerge from hyperspace and come to Elite Dangerous on 9 June!

Once again thank you for all your efforts and contributions! See you out in the black.

o7
Still no bridge/cockpit view when docked as an owner?

Tritium refueling is unusable for exploration,so the only solution is to buy it in the bubble and do round trips or run it dry and decommission.
That cost me 1 billion in the beta,i guess with Tritium becoming more lucrative the price is going up?
Um......thanks for listening to our feedback (y)

They are increasing the tritium drop rate further (it is already on par with LTD3) Tritium is also the highest profit margin bulk commodity, our carriers have a ludicrous no mining refuel range, yet you still complain..

Tim Smith

Lead Community Manager
Hi everyone,

Just to answer a few questions here, we've seen a whole lot of your other feedback and it hasn't gone unheard. These are the changes that we are able to commit to before launch and they are based on feedback from the community.
🙂
Right now, we can't share any details about future development, but safe to say we've got them listed and under discussion.

Also to answer a question a few of you are asking, the Wing trade exploit has been fixed, we'll add it to the OP shortly!

Cheers,

Tim

For sure he included me too, so "we" is more appropriate ;)
By this thinking (it cannot be called logic) if only one other person approves of mining Tritium, then I could use the all-inclusive "we" that Woland 92 used (and yes, it is clear he meant to imply a universal hatred of mining for Rocket Tea) to claim mining is fully approved by all. Bogus on both counts. Speak only for yourselves, Commanders!

You’re just going to have a ton of stationary carriers because players can’t be bothered to pay the exorbitant refueling costs and/or refuse to mine for fuel. This is so dumb.
No, they're not. Long range explorers are a tiny minority of the player base - as with everything else the majority of activity will be in or near the bubble. Distant Worlds 2 was huge ... and also barely noticeable in terms of the effect it had on in-bubble player activity levels.

Within the bubble 500t of Tritium will cost about 20 million credits (expensive, but not prohibitively so given the other carrier expenses such as buying it in the first place, and recoverable with a couple of easy missions), be collectable in a single short round trip, and depending on how the carrier is used probably last it 10-20 jumps, which will probably be at least a few weeks of use in most circumstances. They're not going to have anywhere near the fuel requirements of a high-speed cross-galaxy transport which is repeatedly jumping again the moment the drive has cooled down.

It's only outside the bubble where Tritium will be a serious consideration - and that's clearly the point of the design. Otherwise they could just have said "jumps cost X credits per LY" and not bothered implementing fuel at all. On the other side, having the ability to repair your ship, sell your UC data, and even change your outfitting entirely, wherever you are in the galaxy? That's immensely powerful - it's arguably more significant than all previous exploration changes combined. And you don't even need to own your own carrier for it...

They are increasing the tritium drop rate further (it is already on par with LTD3) Tritium is also the highest profit margin bulk commodity, our carriers have a ludicrous no mining refuel range, yet you still complain..
Have you any idea how long it would take to refill a carrier? And i mean actually refilling the 25000 cargo hold with Tritium rather than the fuel tank alone.
Let me just say it's longer than a sane human could manage to mine for,so forgive me if i come across as a little snarky.

No, they're not. Long range explorers are a tiny minority of the player base - as with everything else the majority of activity will be in or near the bubble. Distant Worlds 2 was huge ... and also barely noticeable in terms of the effect it had on in-bubble player activity levels.

Within the bubble 500t of Tritium will cost about 20 million credits (expensive, but not prohibitively so given the other carrier expenses such as buying it in the first place, and recoverable with a couple of easy missions), be collectable in a single short round trip, and depending on how the carrier is used probably last it 10-20 jumps, which will probably be at least a few weeks of use in most circumstances. They're not going to have anywhere near the fuel requirements of a high-speed cross-galaxy transport which is repeatedly jumping again the moment the drive has cooled down.

It's only outside the bubble where Tritium will be a serious consideration - and that's clearly the point of the design. Otherwise they could just have said "jumps cost X credits per LY" and not bothered implementing fuel at all. On the other side, having the ability to repair your ship, sell your UC data, and even change your outfitting entirely, wherever you are in the galaxy? That's immensely powerful - it's arguably more significant than all previous exploration changes combined. And you don't even need to own your own carrier for it...

I disagree.

If you are going to force explorers to mine tritium...
At the risk of beating a dead Thargoid, no one is "forcing" anyone to do anything. No one is "forcing" you to buy a Fleet Carrier. It is an option, and a luxury, and as such, for whatever reasons, many will not be able to afford one, either because of purchase cost, upkeep expenses, or unwillingness to apply themselves to the necessary maintenance routines. Don't want to mine Tritium? Don't buy a Fleet Carrier! As many have said, you can explore just as well in an exploraConda or other suitably-outfitted ship.

Sounds like some Commanders want all the benefits (even if not that great according to many) but none of the responsibilities.

At the risk of beating a dead Thargoid, no one is "forcing" anyone to do anything. No one is "forcing" you to buy a Fleet Carrier. It is an option, and a luxury, and as such, for whatever reasons, many will not be able to afford one, either because of purchase cost, upkeep expenses, or unwillingness to apply themselves to the necessary maintenance routines. Don't want to mine Tritium? Don't buy a Fleet Carrier! As many have said, you can explore just as well in an exploraConda or other suitably-outfitted ship.

Sounds like some Commanders want all the benefits (even if not that great according to many) but none of the responsibilities.
I disagree.

Have you any idea how long it would take to refill a carrier? And i mean actually refilling the 25000 cargo hold with Tritium rather than the fuel tank alone.
Let me just say it's longer than a sane human could manage to mine for,so forgive me if i come across as a little snarky.

Yes, since I was selling and hauling cargo. Most runs was under a minute in supercruise, as long as the parent body's mass was not huge. So total turn around was a few minutes when using SCA fast dropout.

My shortest run was 1 second in supercruise. Instant safe disengage once I entered SC

You can get to Colonia on 5000 tonnes in the cargo hold, getting really tired of hearing about these long range explorers wanting to head out 70,000LY+ with zero effort.

Hi everyone,

Just to answer a few questions here, we've seen a whole lot of your other feedback and it hasn't gone unheard. These are the changes that we are able to commit to before launch and they are based on feedback from the community.
🙂
Right now, we can't share any details about future development, but safe to say we've got them listed and under discussion.

Also to answer a question a few of you are asking, the Wing trade exploit has been fixed, we'll add it to the OP shortly!

Cheers,

Tim
Thank you. It's easy to forget what changes the team has already made.

for refueling the FC, why not have certain stars refuel the ship. Lets say that stay in orbit for 30 minutes to refuel and/or a new fuel scoop module and tanks for all ships to gather it.

most of the other issues the many commanders have gone over. upkeep, buying bundles,etc etc etc, make it fun, not a pain.

Yes, since I was selling and hauling cargo. Most runs was under a minute in supercruise, as long as the parent body's mass was not huge. So total turn around was a few minutes when using SCA fast dropout.

My shortest run was 1 second in supercruise, distance was below 1000km

You can get to Colonia on 5000 tonnes in the cargo hold, getting really tired of hearing about these long range explorers wanting to head out 70,000LY+ with zero effort.
You didn't answer the question.

Top Bottom