2.3 Beta Release News (27th Feb)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
To all those who are expressing their displeasure about the non-arrival of the Beta as was expected....

I pity your wives.

They have wives ?

:D

Personal post. If you have a problem with it - report it like any other post that breaks the rules.

Ian: I've reported you to yourself; please deal with accordingly.

Patrick: I've reported you to Ian. In turn Patrick, feel free to report me to Ian, however, if we're both programmers we might get stuck in an infinite loop. Brain cell overflow ;)

Meanwhile, can't wait for this to land. Keep on space-truckin'!

No worries. Hope the guys in the office haven't run out of pizza yet :D
We'll get the beta when it's ready, we can wait. :)

Deleted member 103587

D
this Xbox One GPP tester won't have access anyways!

#NoLoveForOneWhomSwitchesFromConsoleToPC

You say it all nothing to say above that.Using P2P within a fast paced mostly space combat game and see it working as intended, is a early wish to became true in this age of bad overall connectivity health between contents.

Europe is notorious for overall poor network design and problems between countries due to discrepancies in protocol and varying levels of quality its its maintenance and installation.

The game itself can be played wirelessly tethered to a laptop. It does not require large amounts of data traffic to run.

It's the quality of a player's computer, router and ISP's level of backbone connectivity that's the rub.

None of which FD is responsible for, they can only try to anticipate only the connectivity problems they can influence.

Patrick: I've reported you to Ian. In turn Patrick, feel free to report me to Ian, however, if we're both programmers we might get stuck in an infinite loop. Brain cell overflow ;)

This, literally, made me laugh loud enough to shoot green tea out my nose.

- - - Updated - - -

Shots fired! :eek:

You know its true!

That thread is just a disaster of biblical proportions.

Don't have a go because I happen to make a personal post.

Not that I actually care as I found your comment amusing, but FD changed things for mods recently regarding posting. If you are not "moderating" a thread, ie a personal post, then you removed the admin flair / avatar ... and if you were posting as a mod then you activated the flair. (Default off I believe) With you posting and your avatar says "moderator" for all they know it's an official post .. not a personal one.

Check with the other mods what they do .. avoid trouble - don't cause it.

You bad man you ;)

Last edited:

I'm reporting your post to Yaffle for making wayyyyyy too much sense.
Repped Reported and Reloaded even.

Is anyone really surprised?

If you are, you need to take a step back and look at Elite as a whole. There are bugs that have been present for months, the game bears little to no resemblance of what was talked about in the DDF.

Multi Crew itself was admitted on stream to be a 'bit of fun' and nothing too serious. If ED make no improvements to what is already shown, I will be very surprised if people still regularly use the multi crew features.

Look on the bright side Ed.. We're ~3 years into a game, which is building steadily (but slowly) into something awesome. A big point release is <1 week late, and people are losing their minds.

Wouldn't it be sooooo much worse if no one cared? ;)

A delay you say? Oh OK <wanders off singing> "It's (not) the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine..."

Last edited:
Is anyone really surprised?

If you are, you need to take a step back and look at Elite as a whole. There are bugs that have been present for months, the game bears little to no resemblance of what was talked about in the DDF.

Multi Crew itself was admitted on stream to be a 'bit of fun' and nothing too serious. If ED make no improvements to what is already shown, I will be very surprised if people still regularly use the multi crew features.

I just want to read the patch notes and salvage the gameplay polishments over the core elements, bits by bits.Hopefully they will understand the Arcade way is the wrong way.Recently i started to play Hellion and it has a good working space legs and stuff, i'm overly enjoyed it while it's a pre-alpha early access game.

P.S: i'm not a dev or involved with game besides playing and enjoying it.

Last edited:
Not that I actually care as I found your comment amusing, but FD changed things for mods recently regarding posting. If you are not "moderating" a thread, ie a personal post, then you removed the admin flair / avatar ... and if you were posting as a mod then you activated the flair. (Default off I believe) With you posting and your avatar says "moderator" for all they know it's an official post .. not a personal one.

Check with the other mods what they do .. avoid trouble - don't cause it.

You bad man you ;)

Was thnking the same thing! ;) :D

No worries guys. Release it when it ready, no need to rush it out broken

I read this sentence like 15 times already in this thread.

Please try to remember how 2.0 was at launch (clipping, randomly exploding srv, PoI spawning a few meters away only when landed, no planetary content whatsoever and same two PoI for ALL planets in the galaxy?), and then right after delaying for "quality control" try to remember how unrefined, dull and unbalanced the engineers were at launch, how insanely tedious was commodities management in combat ships with no storage for it, and how 2.2 completely messed up the economy of the game for a month + 2.203 with its insta failing missions and ammo premium bugs that still persist in the game?

Objectively, releasing "things right" at launch is not a Frontier signature at all, and it's kind of ok, because they tend to (glacially) fix things along the way, but this double delay is in all honesty quite disappointing, we are already 6 months late of schedule and communication is at a bare minimum to say the least. I mean, we don't even know one of the key features this 2.3 is supposed to bring.

I totally understand this delay because biowaste happen to anyone, but I find this blind fakefriendly optimism quite unnerving.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom