2.3 dev update feedback mega thread

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt it. As it is you can't engineer ships you own if you aren't in them, so I doubt you can engineer when on somebody else's ship.

Just to clarify, I'm speaking about the reputation levels 1-5, and not the equipment upgrades.

Last edited:
Did we ever get an answer on whether or not crew members can operate SRVs as they can SLFs?

IMO that is sort of a big deal.

Extremely excited for multicrew.

Hope instant transmission stays in. Would hate to have my buddy's internet go down in the middle of a session so he can't get me back to the station, and I'm stuck for 24 hours or more unable to play the game. Would hate if I decided to join up as some random person's crewmate and have him fly me out to SAG A without stopping at a station and I never get to play the game again.

Also hope the option to not get bounties stays in. Would hate to transmit into someone's ship who then screws up the system I operate out of while I'm forced to watch without recourse, vilifying me there, meaning I would need to move my entire fleet.

Apart from other issues, like possible exploits of bounty sharing, what is my most concern with the planned implementation is the instant transfer of cmdrs to other ships. I really hoped we would be able to board a ship via the crew lounge at a station. Especially if you consider eventually we will get legs it doesnt make any sense to transfer instantanous. At least both options should be available, so that players who like to be fully immersed dont have to use the insta method.

I wonder if my friends can join my ship. The problem is my friends don't have horizons, but i got horizons.
It would be very frustrating if my friends can't join to me. This would make the update 2.3 useless for me.

Please promote the horizons commanders to captains. [yesnod]
The others are only cheap crew members. [big grin]

The only worrying thing in the Multi-crew is the artifical buffing of payouts, that should go. Risk:reward is changed to the pilots' benefit by adding the pips having the members join.

And the method of paying out needs looking into. If they get partial credit,how is that done if they leave? What if they leave and someone else comes in for a bit? Should the cut be similar to that of an NPC pilot's cut? Or just divvied up in some standard way, such as half for the pilot, half shared equally among the 1-2 extras? Or 2-3 share for the pilot (risking their ship) and 1 share for any extras (to pay them for the time and benefit)?

A big thanks to the mods for clearing the main forum!

Just waiting for the locked threads to drop to the abyss...
:D

Shame mine is likely one of them. Lol
But it was already on page 2, which is pretty much the abyss anyway. :p

I will again then add my vote in favor of the instant join feature, and that's coming from a person who voted for the delayed ship transfer for reasons totally not related to immersion, but game balance and "Asp meta". So I'm happy gameplay is greater than immersion here.

I only want to remind the immersion crowd about insta-rescuepod, insta-communication and magical dismiss / summon uncrewed ship feature, among other things. I would also remind them it should be impossible to solo fly any of the big 3, and every ship which has more than one seat. So please refrain from using all these features to avoid breaking your immersion.

That said there are serious issues with proposed implementation that need to be looked into, all mentioned already, so brief TL;DR:
- no responsibility for crewmates while full responsibility for helm
- crewmates doing nasty things resulting in instakill from station
- additional pips should also be made available to solo cmdrs, otherwise it's unfair advantage (PLEASE DO NOT GET RID OF THE ADDITIONAL PIPS! I want to yell "ALL PIPS TO SHIELDS" into my bridge comm!)
- we were promised solo cmdr would be able to telepresence to different roles on his ship, was it dropped? If so, unfair advantage again
- we were promised non-combat roles

Positive feedback:
- shared bounties / vouchers - YAY!!!! A reason to get together besides pew-pew and powerplay!!! That's great! How about missions?
- like the proposed roles :)

Is there a possibility that new ships will be added with this update or Fdevs would already mention new ships it that was the case?

Also wonder when they'll introduce rewards for Admiral/King ranks.

Has anyone already brought up the idea of allowing telepresence-style crew members only within the bubble(s)? (Plus maybe an ~200 ly zone around it to include places like the ancient ruins)

The lore for this would go like this: the necessary radio relay stations only exist within civilization.

I think it would be a nice compromise between fun and still keeping the depth of the universe as a secret. I would hate being able to hop on beagle point without any effort (on my side), but on the other hand we'd still be able to instantly go to war (pirates/factions/aliens) with friends. And the update seems to be aimed at combat anyway, at least in its first incarnation.

Last edited:
I wonder if my friends can join my ship. The problem is my friends don't have horizons, but i got horizons.
It would be very frustrating if my friends can't join to me. This would make the update 2.3 useless for me.

Please promote the horizons commanders to captains. [yesnod]
The others are only cheap crew members. [big grin]

One place I certainly see that failing is planet landing, your friend won't have the Horizon assets, so either you won't be able to approach the planet, or your friend will get booted if you attempt to do so.

Yes, I certainly worry about that too.

Can crew use SRVs? If not, why? Is this going to be like not being able to land with the fighter out (and why is that?) If the captain can't swap seats, then what happens with the crew if he uses the SRV? If he drives beyond Xkm and the ship auto-leaves?

Can the gunner access turret view in Supercruise? Can they scan planets with the discovery scanner while the pilot flies elsewhere?

As you might have guessed, a lot of us see lots of potential for these features being used in ways other than combat, yet it feels like they're being developed with an eye only on that.

What would happen if a copilot was in the SRV and the pilot decided to abandon them?

Well you forgot my thread that nobody commented on (probably because it was positive)
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...y-improve-my-experience?p=5097388#post5097388

I'm going to summarize because I think this thread needs some positivity:

I'm excited for 2.3 because it will allow me to play with friends who do not play on their own because:
- Friends who don't want to grind
-- Now they don't have to, they can fly with me in my ships

- Friends who got themselves into a bad spot financially
-- Teaming up with me via multicrew seems like it will be more profitable and less dangerous for them then a wing

- Friends who didn't learn to fly because it made them sick (due to the use of trackpads)
-- I'll do the flying. The bigger ships twist and turn much less. Therefore exploration with me is less nauseating and just as rewarding.

-K

1. I think the 'telepresence' solution, while immersion breaking, is preferable. Particularly if one of the CMDRs is stuck thousands of Ly away. When out exploring insanity creeps in, the choice of a little quick multi-crew action every now and then should be a good tonic :)
That being said, I agree the exploit possibilities are considerable. Stuff like the 'forgive and forget' option when leaving crew should be re-evaluated.

2. I've never used turrets, I assume they target only whatever the CMDR targets, right?

Is there any advantage (besides the extra pip) to having a player manning them, other than independent targeting? In a classic 1v1 (without SLF) scenario the extra player is adding no competitive advantage.
... Should it? As in extra damage, closing the gap to gimballed versions...

Perhaps this is intentional, so that multi-crew only really comes into its own in CZs or multi-PvP.

Just thinking out loud here, would like to know what the Dev's thoughts/intents on multi-crew gameplay and competitive advantages are :)

Last edited:
Don't care how you join a "crew", since it's just a turret mode anyway. Honestly, FDev, really disappointed. I was hoping for crew, you know, to be able to play on a ship together. Not for 2 people to watch youtube on their phones, while 1 guys flies, only to be woken up when attacked.

Looking back at the DDF makes me sad. So much unrealised potential, while FDev wastes its time with another update that only a faction of people will be using in 6 months.

So multicrew is a massive disappointment to me.

Limited to 3 DPS roles, with mandatory turrets and drones. So small ship 2 seated place are useless. No drones and face weapon placement.

Engineer gone, navigator gone.

Way cheap easy solution.

And moreover NPC crew missing.

I am now quite sure that I will not use it a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom