2.3 exploration payouts + visual guide

Welcome CMDRs.

I present to you my visual giude to exploration containing all the body types
and their general worth when scanned with ADS+DSS, ADS or just "honked".
All the data was taken from 2.3 beta.

2.3_payouts.jpg

[edit] - sorry got wrong values for terr. rocky - fixed
btw - why it shows the image twice? or is it just me?
whatever - first one is good.

Hope you all find it usefull.
CMDR Fru.

Attachments

• EDpayouts.jpg
    EDpayouts.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 69,494
Last edited:
Oh, thanks! That looks very handy, especially that you included the "just honked" price too.

However, I think the prices might need some adjustments. Are these single examples, or an average produced from several ones? Because I'm fairly certain some of them can go above what you listed, like ELW-s or MR-s. For example, you've listed those metal rich worlds as "65,045", but according to this list, they can easily go for 81k. Also from there, ELW can go up to 716k.

Oh, and not to nit-pick, but are you sure that the fifth planet under the Earth-like world category was Earth-like? Looks like a cloudy WW or perhaps HMCP to me, but I might be wrong.

Also, minor typo in the top right: "Visual giude"

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing

It seems in 2.3 one trip will be enough to earn more money that i will ever need [???] Not sure i am happy with this change

Great work, CMDR!

their general worth when scanned with ADS+DSS, ADS or just "honked".
I was about to update my own cheat sheet, more focused on the holo-icons than the system map representation. I'm still evaluating sources for the new 2.3 values. Would you mind if I used your values (duly credited of course)?

However, I think the prices might need some adjustments.
Absolutely - especially the higher values need to have ranges.

Holy cow, should work this into a sticky. Let me see what I can do. NICE JOB

Oh, thanks! That looks very handy, especially that you included the "just honked" price too.

However, I think the prices might need some adjustments. Are these single examples, or an average produced from several ones? Because I'm fairly certain some of them can go above what you listed, like ELW-s or MR-s. For example, you've listed those metal rich worlds as "65,045", but according to this list, they can easily go for 81k. Also from there, ELW can go up to 716k.

Oh, and not to nit-pick, but are you sure that the fifth planet under the Earth-like world category was Earth-like? Looks like a cloudy WW or perhaps HMCP to me, but I might be wrong.

Also, minor typo in the top right: "Visual giude"

Go to Epsilon Indi, and planet New Africa and you'll see an ELW like that. Very thick watery atmospheres.

Isn't the plural of body 'bodies'? Saying respectfully, as I appreciate the time and effort.

Last edited:
Go to Epsilon Indi, and planet New Africa and you'll see an ELW like that. Very thick watery atmospheres.
Ah, I see: it's one of those terraformed worlds that aren't procedurally generated, and where planetary parameters can be out of bounds compared to proc. gen. "natural" Earth-like Worlds. In this case, it's the surface pressure, at 5.49 atm. I never really looked at terraformed worlds before, hence why I didn't recognize that one as such.

I am afraid I do not understand the difference between a "honk" and an ADS scan. I though using the discovery scanner actually was the "honk".

Could someone explain it to me, please?

Last edited:
Yep. Another term would be: detailed scan (with DSS) / scan (without DSS) / honk.
It's nice to see that for valuable planets, having a DSS gives an even larger bonus than it did before.

Last edited:
Those prices are just examples, that I got - it could go higher, it could go lower. Point is to give a general idea.

ADS+DSS = both scanners, and close scan.
ADS = just ADS, and close scan,
honk = just honking the system, without scanning.

Last edited:
Those prices are just examples, that I got - it could go higher, it could go lower. Point is to give a general idea.

ADS+DSS = both scanners, and close scan.
ADS = just ADS, and close scan,
honk = just honking the system, without scanning.

Now this post is quite confusing for me.:S

I thought that there were only two kinds of a scan, the "honk" and the surface scan.

What is the difference between the "honk" (ADS), the surface scan (DSS) and the close scan then, please?

Well if you don't have a DSS, you can get close and scan like any other object. You'll have its name, for example, but not the mats.

Fru's confusing cause he cumulates things, what it means is:

DSS (jackpot)
Default targeted scan (dollars)
ADS (pennies)

Last edited:
Now this post is quite confusing for me.:S

I thought that there were only two kinds of a scan, the "honk" and the surface scan.

What is the difference between the "honk" (ADS), the surface scan (DSS) and the close scan then, please?

It confuses a lot of people because there's actually three kind of scans: Discovery Scan (Where is stuff?), Surface Scan (What's it called? Can I keep it?), Detailed Surface Scan (What's on it?).

The naming is extremely confusing - it's a Detailed Surface Scanner, not a Detailed Surface Scanner. All Discovery Scanners can do basic surface scans.

Last edited:
Top Bottom