News 2.4 Open Beta Patch Notes

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
  • Increased the chance of in-space chain missions spawning
  • For ship kill missions, the mission giver is considered when deciding if a kill should count. This allows for some mission stacking, but only when missions are from different factions

This makes sense for ship kill missions, so it is nice to see this possible.

Just loved this patch note bit!

Vulture

Patched up a small hole in the Vulture cockpit
Fixed an issue with the Vulture's co-pilot console

Good stuff devs! Say what's the beta installation size? Guess now it's a VERY good time to DELETE my Star Citizen instalation of 31 DEAD @ss folder!

Yamiks is streaming.

He just saw a Intel Data Transfer mission for 600k .. 24 hr time limit. To Colonia.
F-bombs aplenty. (if you know his style, this should not be surprising!)
\\///
Oo?
>
Spike.K

FD could you at least enable the engineers that are coming in 2.4 (and don't pretend that there aren't any)?

If you leave huge amounts of 2.4 out of the beta then what is the point in the beta? We'll just have another broken release on day 1.

Please increase the volume for wave SRV scanner, or reduce SRV engine audio, because right now, it's really bothersome.
Many CMDRs have been requesting this, don't know why it's been ignored for so long.
Better yet, add separate volume controls.

There are separate volume controls (and I always tone the wave scanner way down because it's too loud)...

FD could you at least enable the engineers that are coming in 2.4 (and don't pretend that there aren't any)?

If you leave huge amounts of 2.4 out of the beta then what is the point in the beta? We'll just have another broken release on day 1.

It is being tested internally, for obvious reasons. If there are new engineers, they are going to be definitely about new Thargoid technology.

Question: Do my actions in the Open Beta affect the normal version of the game? Can't seem to find info on that anywhere and I want to play around with a few things.

Question: Do my actions in the Open Beta affect the normal version of the game? Can't seem to find info on that anywhere and I want to play around with a few things.

Nope. Earlier savepoint for a week or so ago which doesn't get carried over once it goes live.

No. You will be playing with a save from a week or so ago. What you do in beta stays in beta.

Edit: Ninja'd

There are separate volume controls (and I always tone the wave scanner way down because it's too loud)...

It is being tested internally, for obvious reasons. If there are new engineers, they are going to be definitely about new Thargoid technology.

As we should be painfully aware of by now, FD's internal testing isn't good enough.

Beta is to test bug fixes, C&P changes, even flying around gathers telemetry you might not be aware about and helping devs for actual content of 2.4.

FD deploys their own QA teams for huge swaths of content.

Also I believe there won't be new Engineers (which is funny people obsessing over them as universal rule they don't like them, no?)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom