News 2.4 The Return: The Type-10 Defender

It took me a +37% Weapons Recharge roll (Charge Enhanced Power Dist), but it now can fire 2x C1 + 2x C2 Mining Lasers for long enough.

Good to know. I don't really know why would one need more than 2x C2 mining laser as you can only collect as fast as they are mining the rock with 6 limpets, so anything above that it will probably slow you down, as rocks may fly away?

How much cargo can you carry with mining setup?

dissapointed

seriously waiting for type 10 to come out and what do i find when it does a half attempt are you guys serious no upgrade to power plant and a slight bonus to speed and maneuverability and its meant to combat thargoids RIGHT if you can catch them o wait they can go twice as fast wep upgrades are nice and utility's but what is the point if you dont have the power to use them cmon guys is it so hard type 7 power plant that even the python has and class 7 power dis to handle the upgrade to weps was looking forward to a ship in between the clipper,lance,python and the big 3 but no sadly no not worth 124 mill my advice save ya coin and buy a conda

p.s my bad on power plant type8 but type 6 equipped when ya buy it

Last edited:
So the defender is here. Will we see now also gameplay where we can defend something? Like attacked stations, evac ships, rescue megaships?
It would be a "little bit" disappointing that we can only see the goids attacking in cinematic teasers while ingame they are still in their own signal source ?
This will change soon right? :)

Well, 600Mil later and engineering done, shields @ 2500 hull @ 5000 and its a tank! Jump range of 24 ly. boost of 290
3x Med AX flak cannons. 2 x small turret efficient beams with thermal 2 AX Large AX missiles and 2 AX large MC's class 6 Fighter bay.

I does work well for the bugs, gave it a quick run last night, but not sure if I will keep it in this role. Would like to see a "upgrade" on the power distributor though. over all good Job FD.

Did you fit 7 Anti-Xeno weapons on it? Does this mean the maximum of 4 Anti-Xeno weapons limt is no longer in effect?

Did you fit 7 Anti-Xeno weapons on it? Does this mean the maximum of 4 Anti-Xeno weapons limt is no longer in effect?
Flak cannons don’t count as experimental modules. The max of 4 AX weapons is still enforced. Having two multicannons top and bottom, are too spread out to both be able to hit a heart.
From what I’ve seen in DD, the anaconda is still the top ship to solo Thargoids

It took me a +37% Weapons Recharge roll (Charge Enhanced Power Dist), but it now can fire 2x C1 + 2x C2 Mining Lasers for long enough.
3x C2 Mining Lasers also worked, but I wasn't sure about mining in that that Hardpoint config (top + bottom), it looked a tad too spread out for my taste but I might revert back to it after some trials.

Jumprange of that new Mining Rig after getting lucky at Farseer will likely end up being around ~26.5LY.
(G5 LongRange Sensors, G5 Heavy-Duty on Military bulkheads...)

Arguably, counting all the costs - it's not really a cost-effective Miner. At 526M Cr (Founders World purchase), the T10 really isn't cheap in full gear.

PS.
Looking around in the Cockpit is indeed a tad disappointing. Basically 100% T9 from the looks of it, I didn't recognize anything new there but don't have my T9 around to compare in detail.

Most important - does it have a hot water/ tea/ coffee maker ?

the weapon layout is stupid , your either hitting the heart with one side or the other
if you try to get all weapons on heart your too far away , crazy for a thargoid fighter

just sold the t-10 engineered to grade a level 5 enhanced and after spending over 600,000,000.00 it is not a thargoid fighter imo. sadly it's just a t-9 with an installed ship kit and a cool boost sound

just sold the t-10 engineered to grade a level 5 enhanced and after spending over 600,000,000.00 it is not a thargoid fighter imo. sadly it's just a t-9 with an installed ship kit and a cool boost sound

That's why I doubt I'll ever purchase the T-10 because of the extensive costs involved.

today i sold my full fitted t10. i do not like to be a target in open... sad about... ship sounds good, but its a flying dutchman only...

I also testet the new ship against Thargoids. What i can say, hardpoints layout are really crap to hit something and i´m not the only person who says that.

If that´s the answer to the attacks on our stations, they´re laughing at us now.

images

I love this ship!

The first time I took it out the station I got stuck in the grating and blew up! Lol. There goes 6 million credits. The second time I was a lot more careful and have been visiting engineers ever since.

She can now carry just under 400 tonnes of cargo and has class 7a shields which have been tuned all the way.
The 7b thrusters are as dirty as they come and the power plant has also been seriously overcharged. The distributor is set for weapons (5) and scannners etc are also pimped out.

She's fully loaded with multi cannons on turrets and a couple of lasers. She has four seriously overclocked shield boosters, and a shield cell bank with some hull reinforcement for good measure.

Empty she jumps 29ly and fully loaded around 22ly.

I tested her at the CG and she delivered the goods enough to jump into top 50% with just one run. I then went to a haz res site and took on three large ships at the same time. No problem. I then tested her against an anaconda and FAS... kaboom!

So I now own the baddest trade ship ever! You need anything hauling , I can make it through!

My T10 cost about 800,000,000 CR. With the Class 6 power distributor, it's a severe downgrade from my 450,000,000 CR Anaconda, but it can still perform OK in PVE vs humans, and is somewhat capable vs thargoids. I don't think I'd replace any of my fleet with this ship with a T10 though since every other ship does the job about 5 to 10 times faster. Maybe as an exploration platform? I can get about 36 LY jump range, which compared to my 70 LY Anaconda and 55LY Asp, is a better than its combat performance relative to other combat ships.

Definitely not going to use it vs Thargoids though, not with that Power Distributor and its inability to support 8C biweaves, nor with the horrid hardpoint convergence that requires turrets, especially since this thing can get close enough for turrets to be more than minimally effective. And when this ship does get close (say within 1km of a target) 75% of the gimbals can't track the target because they placed too far back on the ultra wide wing with its crippling firing horizon. Turrets helps a little here though, since they mounts are taller. But not much.

I'd say that at the very least this thing needs a Class 8 power distributor. Then it will be about 80% as good as an Anaconda at PVE combat.

I love this ship!

The first time I took it out the station I got stuck in the grating and blew up! Lol. There goes 6 million credits. The second time I was a lot more careful and have been visiting engineers ever since.

She can now carry just under 400 tonnes of cargo and has class 7a shields which have been tuned all the way.
The 7b thrusters are as dirty as they come and the power plant has also been seriously overcharged. The distributor is set for weapons (5) and scannners etc are also pimped out.

She's fully loaded with multi cannons on turrets and a couple of lasers. She has four seriously overclocked shield boosters, and a shield cell bank with some hull reinforcement for good measure.

Empty she jumps 29ly and fully loaded around 22ly.

I tested her at the CG and she delivered the goods enough to jump into top 50% with just one run. I then went to a haz res site and took on three large ships at the same time. No problem. I then tested her against an anaconda and FAS... kaboom!

So I now own the baddest trade ship ever! You need anything hauling , I can make it through!

Ditto EVERYTHING you say about the T10 for the Conda, for less money, Better Jump drive, Better Power Distributor (Giving you a huge choice of weapon loadout), better speed, better manoeuvrability.......You want me to carry on? I think you get the picture.

TL:DR......T10 Waste of time and money
Conda, better in EVERY WAY!!

PS. BTW i have 2x T10's, as with it's weapon Hardpoints it acts as great storage for all my engineered C3 and C2 weapons

Last edited:
Top Bottom