News 2.4 The Return: The Type-10 Defender

interior....

I like the ship, looks cool, moves as i expected, hardpoint layout finally shows some logic...but for the god sake couldn't you guys found some nice looking interior textures...it still looks like a 200 years old type 9 prototype in a museum....don't mind if you don't design a completly new cabin...but to change the textures to a bit more "modern" version shouldn' take too much effort....

I like the ship, looks cool, moves as i expected, hardpoint layout finally shows some logic...but for the god sake couldn't you guys found some nice looking interior textures...it still looks like a 200 years old type 9 prototype in a museum....don't mind if you don't design a completly new cabin...but to change the textures to a bit more "modern" version shouldn' take too much effort....

Patients! There will be new interior designs for purchase in store sooner or later :p

Developing good textures is no small feat...however, I agree that it should be appreciably different from the T9...though, of course, I would extend this sentiment to all lakon ships.

Anyone dropped a size 8 Prismatic in it yet? (sorry if I missed an earlier post about this)

Edit;

As fate might have it, I have (I think) everything A rated and G5 engineered for it in stock. Will log on later and if so will report after install unless I am beaten to it.

Last edited:
So, can someone confirm if the 50% off at Hutton Orbital is true or not? About to hop in game myself and find out.

Well if it is than I'm quite happy to fly to Hutton Orbital. Have travelled there many times with passenger load.
If it's not, the cost is out of my range so far so will stick with my FAS. I can manage the cost of a Python.

Last edited:
21g2tk.jpg

Agreed! Its the fatal flaw of this design sadly. Everything else is just great!
If the Type-10's sole purpose is to fire missiles at thargoids, a class-6 distributor is fine. For any other purpose, it's sadly underpowered. Especially for a ship with 9 hardpoints.

The "buff the Type-10" threads will be along soon enough. And of course there is always some plonker who wants to nerf everything, so the "nerf the Type-10" threads won't be far off either.

Another copy-paste junk in game... but hey it has a spoiler! And it's that hard for you FDevs to put some little effort in cockpit design?

good-job.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I checked Jameson Memorial in Founders World and the cost is more than 112Mil not around 110Mil so definitely out of my price range.

I'll stick to my FAS. I would say, fighting the Thargoids is for the real wealthy members of ED if this ship was meant to be purposely build for this.

Last edited:
I don't know, if it was mentioned before but Blair Dock in Gollobo has the Type-10 Defender listed with 15% discount...

Plus Elite discount I just bought it for around 103 M Cr. iIrc

Edit/P.S.: odd, I just crosschecked the price with Inara and it looks like the Elite Discount was not taken into account !??
Seems more like the price on Inara is wrong and the 2.5% are already subtracted there.

Last edited:
Well, I checked Jameson Memorial in Founders World and the cost is more than 112Mil not around 110Mil so definitely out of my price range.

I'll stick to my FAS. I would say, fighting the Thargoids is for the real wealthy members of ED if this ship was meant to be purposely build for this.

Having tried FGS, Conda, Cutter and T10 against thargoids, the FGS is better than the T10. Conda is the best IMO.

Deleted member 38366

D
Agreed! Its the fatal flaw of this design sadly. Everything else is just great!

It took me a +37% Weapons Recharge roll (Charge Enhanced Power Dist), but it now can fire 2x C1 + 2x C2 Mining Lasers for long enough.
3x C2 Mining Lasers also worked, but I wasn't sure about mining in that that Hardpoint config (top + bottom), it looked a tad too spread out for my taste but I might revert back to it after some trials.

Jumprange of that new Mining Rig after getting lucky at Farseer will likely end up being around ~26.5LY.
(G5 LongRange Sensors, G5 Heavy-Duty on Military bulkheads...)

Arguably, counting all the costs - it's not really a cost-effective Miner. At 526M Cr (Founders World purchase), the T10 really isn't cheap in full gear.

PS.
Looking around in the Cockpit is indeed a tad disappointing. Basically 100% T9 from the looks of it, I didn't recognize anything new there but don't have my T9 around to compare in detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, 600Mil later and engineering done, shields @ 2500 hull @ 5000 and its a tank! Jump range of 24 ly. boost of 290
3x Med AX flak cannons. 2 x small turret efficient beams with thermal 2 AX Large AX missiles and 2 AX large MC's class 6 Fighter bay.

I does work well for the bugs, gave it a quick run last night, but not sure if I will keep it in this role. Would like to see a "upgrade" on the power distributor though. over all good Job FD.

Top Bottom