Horizons 29,000LY to go and only 5% hull left!

Right on Slugsie!

Thanks for the update.

According to my math, you've made it 17.7% of the way home. Pert near 1/5. If you do 2,978LY per run, you're back in 8 runs. Not bad at all!

Get it rolling!:cool:

LLaP
S1E

Sol? Shouldnt he be stopping at the nearest system with an outpost for repairs?

Good luck Slugs.

Be nice if there was a repair fleet like the fuel rats.

It would be rally good if you could send out hull repair limpets, either from own stores or a breakdown service.

Even better would be the ability to land, enter SRV, then dock with another ship and keep your own exploration data (maybeshare?)
How is multi crew going to work?

Good luck. Do you really intend to go to sol as end point or are you going to find the first backwater mechanic you can?
Not sure I'd have the guts to brave random npc interdictions bristling with perfectly aimed rail guns.
Fly safe.

In all likelihood no, I'll find the first port with a garage and greasy mechanic and slip him a few folding to fix me up.

If I were you, and playing strictly open (as I do), I would be terrified!

No, not for the commute. but for the ROFL-Umadbro? Troll players laying in wait for just such a data cache, stripped down, severely damaged asp such as you. They like to haunt those "first station I get to" locations, and even use such diaries as these to set up an ambush with the info provided. Most never understand why they spend so much effort to do it- they seem to "Feed" on the anguish and rage at lost/wasted time spent, and read the forums hungrily for tales of woe of their doing. :mad:

so be careful, gather a wingman or two if you are able, for that home stretch- oh and keep that home stretch a S.E.C.R.E.T!

Last edited:
As you can probably see from my Sig I tend to play on the Mobius group which is strictly PvE. Suffice it to say however, for the last stretch I'll likely go cloaked and keep my exact location more secret just in case.

If I were you, and playing strictly open (as I do), I would be terrified!

No, not for the commute. but for the ROFL-Umadbro? Troll players laying in wait for just such a data cache, stripped down, severely damaged asp such as you. They like to haunt those "first station I get to" locations, and even use such diaries as these to set up an ambush with the info provided. Most never understand why they spend so much effort to do it- they seem to "Feed" on the anguish and rage at lost/wasted time spent, and read the forums hungrily for tales of woe of their doing. :mad:

.so be careful, gather a wingman or two if you are able, for that home stretch- oh and keep that home stretch a S.E.C.R.E.T!
.This is Great Advice for everyone playing open... Not much to do with Slugsie though, me thinks.

Conisdering your hull %, I would head straight for HIP 74290 (Pratchett's Disc)...I believe it is still the furthest station towards Sag. When I returned from my last long explore trip, the very first inhabited system I jumped to I was interdicted in less than a min and had to haul *** away having no weapons and only my shields to save my butt. And that was in Solo mode. Just some things to consider. Even if you don't want to sell the data in a backwater station, at least its closer than the bubble for repairs. Good luck.

It's cute to see explorers trying to do long range expeditions and planetary landings without shields. There was a reason I swapped first the Asp out for a Clipper, and then the Clipper out for a Courier. I can slam into the ground at 300m/s on a 2g world and have a solid ring left. It's great being able to do whatever you want, wherever you want while out in the black.

There's a note on the Known Issues thread in the Bug forum that says that you may experience disconnections if you have large amounts of exploration data and that you should contact support. Perhaps if you contacted them, they might be able to help you get back safely, seeing as you might not be able to dock anyway if you do.

"Players with large amounts of exploration data are likely to experience server disconnects when their ship is destroyed. Deep-space explorers wishing to get back to populated space should contact our support team for further assistance, rather than self destructing"

Worth a shot? :)

Last edited:
As you can probably see from my Sig I tend to play on the Mobius group which is strictly PvE. Suffice it to say however, for the last stretch I'll likely go cloaked and keep my exact location more secret just in case.
Good call on not reporting your arrival time or location. We all know too well what happened to someone that did...

Ideally search for a rim system with a port close to the entry star, and of course with repair facilities!!!

Good luck on your trip!

Top Bottom