News 3.3 - Chapter Four - Beta End Date

With the over two thousand three hundred bug report threads for the v3.3 beta, I strongly encourage you Frontier to take a while to fix the issues after the current beta ends and once you think you have fixed the issues do another round of beta testing. I'm sure a lot of us can stand the extra wait if it means that we are not encountering the same issues we reported in the beta when v3.3 goes live if you take the time to do another round of testing after bug fixing. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has gotten tired of seeing the exact same known issues show up from v3.0 to v3.1 to v3.2 and will be extremely frustrated if some of the bigger issues just roll over into the v3.3 known issue list.

I'm pretty much in the same boat.

I may do some short-range sightseeing missions to generate the capital I need to buy and kit out the Krait Phantom, in preparation of Distant Worlds 2. Previous planned long duration exploration journeys ended with me Buckballing it back to the Bubble after a couple weeks. The new exploration mechanics will probably have the opposite effect: I won't be able to keep up with the group, because I keep stopping to check out all the amazing things I'm discovering. :D

Same here. But I have the funds I need to equip my Phantom, I've parked my Krait where I want it when the live release comes out, I....I just don't think I can do exploring using the old system anymore, so I am stuck until release, I guess maybe some LOTRO or Black Desert, they've had a holiday, I don't think I've logged in to either a single time since the beta came out. Oh well...waiting.....

Sounds reasonable but that's not how they develop this game. Betas are just for the most basic new functionalities, expect the true beta to start with release (and going on for at least another 3 month, if we are very lucky). I hate to break it for you but I'm with this game for quite some time now and I know what I'm talking about. And don't think I'm salty (I'm not), it's just the way it is.

i usually quarrel with this guy --^ but today he is spot on. listen to him.

It takes about the same amount of time to assess if a system has any Earthlike's, water worlds or HMC's, if it's taking you longer you're doing it wrong.

Scan > Open FSS > Check relevant signal band as opposed to Scan > Open system Map > Check visual representations.

In fact it should take less time now given that you only have to look at a very narrow area of the FSS tuning band rather than look over the entire system map.

That said, I do wish they'd preview the Spectrum after you honk, as well as the number of bodies scanned-not just the total number in the system.

In my opinion the new exploration mechanics complicate a function which worked perfectly well when exploring and looking for specific types of bodies such as earthlikes, HMCs and Water Worlds. The 'scan the blobs' takes too much time and you can waste that time 'scanning' valueless bodies where previously I would have moved on......
IMHO not true - with the new mechanic you spend LESS time to get a full (detail) scan of a complete system compared to what you spend before by flying to the desired target of interest to DSS it.... I compared to current live-version with different basic strategies (complete detailing/mapping; complete detailing mapping ELW/AW/WW/Terraformables and Sudarsky II only; rush mode) over a distance of 32KLj - all 3 tactics are quicker then before !

Last edited:
Hi Ed,

Can you confirm that as far as you and the Devs know, the BGS links between things are now actually meant to work and are implemented? We stopped testing after the first week or two since nothing seemed to work as advertised, some things worked as in current live rather than what it was supposed to for Ch4, and we decided it made more sense to wait for a later Beta update, or even just wait until Ch4 went live to fully test.

So, would you say that right now the BGS is implemented as it would be in Ch4 live? As there is no update this week, is it as it was during the first weeks, then? Or was something changed in Beta 3 that we weren't aware of?
IMHO the BGS is server-side, so any changes/updates upon that will not require a client update....

Hi Ed,

Can you confirm that as far as you and the Devs know, the BGS links between things are now actually meant to work and are implemented? We stopped testing after the first week or two since nothing seemed to work as advertised, some things worked as in current live rather than what it was supposed to for Ch4, and we decided it made more sense to wait for a later Beta update, or even just wait until Ch4 went live to fully test.

So, would you say that right now the BGS is implemented as it would be in Ch4 live? As there is no update this week, is it as it was during the first weeks, then? Or was something changed in Beta 3 that we weren't aware of?

Again, spot on by you. Nothing is working so far as intended. Mission generation based on state, happiness,..I wonder WHAT to test...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has gotten tired of seeing the exact same known issues show up from v3.0 to v3.1 to v3.2 and will be extremely frustrated if some of the bigger issues just roll over into the v3.3 known issue list.
From my point of view if it's been a bug since 3.0, it shouldn't stop the rollout of the new 3.3 features while they fix it. All that means is that we get the new features later and the bugs fixed no sooner.

Bugs *in* the new features, sure, any serious ones should be fixed before release. I assume that's why we've got an extra week for BGS prodding.

That said, I do wish they'd preview the Spectrum after you honk, as well as the number of bodies scanned-not just the total number in the system.

It would certainly be a very nice addition, no need to go into the FSS module or slow down while travelling and exploring unless you see something you like, gets my vote :)

It would certainly be a very nice addition, no need to go into the FSS module or slow down while travelling and exploring unless you see something you like, gets my vote :)

Mine too.

Having to slow down to enter FSS and not being able to have the FSD charging while I look at the FSS will cause a major slow down when trying to travel quickly between areas of interest. Unless you forget about cursory exploration while doing it.

Top Bottom