5000 Light Year Palin Requirement

heh, yes it works, any LY travel is registered. no matter how you did it other than teleport.
so some prison trips wont be added.

Take a passenger mission with an explorer to go somewhere just over 5000ly away. It'll be more satisfying and you'll get paid too.

Edit: hmm, would taking multiple passengers on a ship aboard a carrier be a time-efficient credit source? :)

I'd say that is Balanced, since Lori Jameson has nothing directly to do with Combat, but requires a lot more investment than travel to unlock.

5kly is not far, its a 2 hour trip.
and if you are smart as well as aware, a visit to the shard gardens in horizons is a great start and accomplishes something valuable at the same time.
and if you chose a cheap ship to do it in, and have no carto data or bounties or missions that can fail upon death, you can self destruct to get back to the place you last docked at or lave I spose..
I have done it that way several times..its fast. .due to having multiple accounts.
my newest account, I went to the shard gardens in my first week, then unlocked all the guardian stuff had about 7kly by the time I noticed, then just turned on the self destruct and opted for a sidey in a starter system
took more than 2 hours but was very profitable for materials. and because I had landed many times, my only good option was fly back or lose a dbx and go to a starter system.
dbx is cheap and I'm lazy, sooo easy choice

I don't think it's just the distance that puts people off normal travelling, but nothing being there for them when they get there. I advise a trip to Colonia, as its lovely place to get away from the hussle and bussle of the bubble. Can unlock other engineers there too if you decide to make it your new home.

As for the ship, I can't explain it, but I never get tired flying my Phantom. I can just chew up light years in that thing without even thinking about it.

Top Bottom