5000 Light Year Palin Requirement

You can find a DSSA carrier closer than that.
Yeah but I can haul to all kinds of places, not sure what the point of gong that far is, it's just more jumps, I've seen the hyperspace screen a few times already.

I don't feel like this is going anywhere and I think we're derailing the thread so, o7 commander, I'm out.

Didn't care for having to grind up to Dangerous to get Life Support mods, but there you go....
That is also silly, doesn't feel like something that makes sense, would make more sense for you to say, turn in a bunch of escape pods, or perform rescue passenger runs, something that makes sense thematically.

Part of the problem is that engineers just do module types, then all the mods for them, but I mean, there's a lot of problems with engineers.

That's where the hauling Tritium comes in. The hauling is the gameplay. You aren't one of those shooty shooty players are you?
I don't really get how this is a solution. If it's something I can do in the bubble, where it's easy to indulge and more of it to do and if I decide I want to do something else it's all right there, why would I go out into the black to do it?

I don't really get how this is a solution. If it's something I can do in the bubble, where it's easy to indulge and more of it to do and if I decide I want to do something else it's all right there, why would I go out into the black to do it?
The bubble is like driving through the center of London, outside of it is like the countryside. Colonia is like, let's say Bristol. Would you really only want to exist inside London your entire life?

The bubble is like driving through the center of London, outside of it is like the countryside. Colonia is like, let's say Bristol. Would you really only want to exist inside London your entire life?
That analogy doesn't really hold because I'm sure there are things outside of London other than empty, uncivilized countryside. Here there's the bubble, Colonia and that one gas station at the center. Everything else is purely for nature hikers.

the self delusion is crazy strong when you're suggesting that exploration is anything but a test of endurance in watching the same loading screen over and over and clicking on planets to get your name associated with them. ...and absolutely nothing else of note.

the exploration mechanic in the game is the biggest middle finger to players out of any other aspect of the game outside of powerplay. 400 billion systems and the game could not care less what you do or "find" in any of them. No skill required to "explore" any of them because there is no danger in doing so... just the exact same trigger loading screen sequence and gobs and gobs of time. Find an earthlike that gets you all excited? Well, the game doesn't care. Nothing you do out in the black matters.

such things only matter when the narrative deems it so, but you didn't need 400 billion systems for the narrative to push a story forward. Elite's exploration is a tease that never pays off. Sure, you could use your imagination, but you can do that without ever leaving the actual content that is in the game too and save yourself a lot of time.

do the required 5000ly ...and if you wanna scratch an exploration itch... just watch a youtube video of someone else suffering thru it. or go in a cheap ship you can suicide highway yourself back once you've given up. You'll thank yourself.

That analogy doesn't really hold because I'm sure there are things outside of London other than empty, uncivilized countryside. Here there's the bubble, Colonia and that one gas station at the center. Everything else is purely for nature hikers.
OK well Edinburgh, Inverness, and the Scottish countryside. Put is, no one stays in a big city all their life, they'll at some point go outside of it to get away from the hussle and bussle.

OK well Edinburgh, Inverness, and the Scottish countryside. Put is, no one stays in a big city all their life, they'll at some point go outside of it to get away from the hussle and bussle.
Everything from the city center to the sparsely inhabited countryside is in the bubble, Colonia aside. A more apt comparison would be a game with modern day earth with it's people to interact with but you can visit Mars, Venus, the moon and Mercury with their current lack of habitation and also can't change the landscape or start colonies because reasons.

I think Bristol is a bit better than Colonia, I'll have you know. This area around here consistently comes out as one of the best places in the UK to live in!

It's the home of Isambard Kingdom Brunel and contains or is nearby some of his shining achievements. As a child he was one of my heroes.

I know Mr At, I was only kidding ;)
I spent 4 years in bath so am very fond of the West country - I hope I didn't offend you, I'm only messing around.

I know Mr At, I was only kidding ;)
I spent 4 years in bath so am very fond of the West country - I hope I didn't offend you, I'm only messing around.
When are you not kidding, lol. I just mentioned it because I respect that man so much. And that's high praise coming from a Northener ;)

Top Bottom