97% of Viewers (Players?) Want Ship Interiors!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I don't really want ship interiors, because they are pointless unless new gameplay is rolled in like stealing other ships, which I don't want because there's always going to be someone who can steal my ship, and I've built up to my Vette slowly so I don't want to risk it that way. I'd much rather gas giant stations and flying through cloud layers, or underwater stations and other places to fly.

What do you think of railjack execution...graphically?

Errr, didn't play it at release, but went back to the game when Deimos came up, and did some Railjack at the same time, thought it was good fun. Graphically, well, it's Warframe, so nothing exceptional, but good enough for me. I could have done with more customisation of the looks of the ship, but ah. Boarding action is cool though, makes for a nice complement to the pilot.

Then all of those suckers will have been burned.

Again.

SC explicitly is using an alpha currency at present. It's under the caveat that major updates would regularly (and now less frequently) cause an account wipe for everyone (back to your 'starting UEC' - which was set by your intial buy-in to the game). Going live has always been stated as a wipe situation as well unless I've missed something. I follow SC intermittently- I am a backer, I have spent real money on a ship for it (nice little space van with lifetime insurance that I can operate pretty much solo) to help me get on my feet when it goes live. I enjoyed what I was doing on it enough to spend that cash.

If people are buying aUEC, they're erm... mental, or have more money than they know what to do with. Or, alternatively they really like the game/alpha as it stands.

So frankly are the people buying the huge, expensive ships like destroyers etc. They're not designed nor are they intended to be run by a single player. Sure, hireable NPC crew are planned, but that's an (ingame) cash overhead in crew costs and (equipment if not hull) insurance costs a lot of people haven't thought about, and you can bet implementation of those will be buggy AF for some time. WHY IS MY GUNNER T-POSING IN HIS SEAT etc?

Personally, I'd love ship interiors in ED as much as a player 'house' that I can store/decorate stuff in as anything else. As noted, some cosmetics in it would be a sure fire cash cow in ARX. Renting 'apartments' on stations / settlements (branched off the concourse) would also be cool. Same reasoning.

View attachment 214664

Nearly seven thousand votes on a community poll on YouTube (so far). Sure, YouTube polls aren't scientific and the audience certainly won't be 100% representative of the entire playerbase.

However, it's likely that ~6693 people out of ~6900 gives good margin for error to confidently say that; "Most players want to see ship interiors added to the game at some point."

EDIT: Follow up poll:

View attachment 214856
I absolutely don't agree that we should have to wait until 2022 and pay for ship interiors, which should have been included with this release.

Ship interiors? Yes I want them, they are long overdue in my opinion. Probably should be free but I'd have no issue with them being a paid expansion as I have the LEP 😆

They absolutely need to have a reason to go there though, so as to not be a one-off visit and thus a complete waste of development time.

Ship interiors? Yes I want them, they are long overdue in my opinion. Probably should be free but I'd have no issue with them being a paid expansion as I have the LEP 😆

They absolutely need to have a reason to go there though, so as to not be a one-off visit and thus a complete waste of development time.

I'd say plenty of interesting things generally happen inside space ships, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I bet 100% of the players want OD to work appropriately.

I don't care about ship interiors. FD needs to get OD working and then revisit many of the gameplay mechanic they "added" to the game. If they added interiors, it would just be another source for grind and unimaginative game play.

Ship interiors would open up more options for gameplay. However FD has added many features (FCs, SRVs, multi-crew) that seem half baked and just beg for some TLC to make them shine. Interiors would I fear, end up the same.

What I do wish is that FD would engage the community more and ask what the community is willing to pay for to make this game better. A 6 monthly survey of the state of the game so that they can focus on what players want.

What I do wish is that FD would engage the community more and ask what the community is willing to pay for to make this game better.
You mean, like a CM whose job is to be a CM, not a marketing person that sometime is allowed to post a "great screenshot!" on a topic ? But there is no money to be made there !

Sadly, reality=/=what it should be. I'd like it though, a few games have an actual CM, and it's getting rarer by the day.

You mean, like a CM whose job is to be a CM, not a marketing person that sometime is allowed to post a "great screenshot!" on a topic ? But there is no money to be made there !

Sadly, reality=/=what it should be. I'd like it though, a few games have an actual CM, and it's getting rarer by the day.
You are exactly right. Was watching a stream a couple of days ago with 3-4 CMs (Zak, Bruce, Sally and their boss - can't remember his name), but was thinking why so many CMs, what do they actually do! If they are doing stuff, they should be advertising it more.

You are exactly right. Was watching a stream a couple of days ago with 3-4 CMs (Zak, Bruce, Sally and their boss - can't remember his name), but was thinking why so many CMs, what do they actually do! If they are doing stuff, they should be advertising it more.
I play Warframe to, and they are a textbook example on good CM. There is not a day they don't post the forum or reddit or whatever. They make contests, and stuff, take the feedback from player to the devs, and back. Multiple changes and QoL are due to them working with us. The lead CM is loved by the community (nicknamed "spacemom").

But then, the lead CM is also max rank in warframe (I'm not), and play the game religiously every day. She understand player feedback because she is one. That helps to.

Don't say it's all flowers and roses, and they do have their drama once in a while, but having a good CM helps. And nobody have said the CM is bad, that's for sure.

No money in ship interiors? On the contrary, in no other place could you get more crazy with cosmetic microtransactions then with customization of the player cabin. Furniture choices, potted plants, trophies earned from Elite ranks, CGs, CQC, etc, colors of walls, carpet and the door, the pattern and color of your bed sheets... the options are almost limitless...
You can't possibly expect a company who would consider Odyssey in its released state to be a finished product to be capable of that kind of elementary school level logic. Silly

But then, the lead CM is also max rank in warframe (I'm not), and play the game religiously every day. She understand player feedback because she is one. That helps to.
And here I think lies the crux of the issue. We misunderstand each other (players and FDev) because we know the game better than the company that made it 😂
You can't possibly expect a company who would consider Odyssey in its released state to be a finished product to be capable of that kind of elementary school level logic. Silly
Oh don't be fooled, they simply pulled a Cyberprank 3307 on us all to appease shareholders.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom